TarkovEscaper

SKS

Sam_
3 hours ago, CptBluemax said:

@Sam_ very nice mate very nice indeed

Thanks man; love my SKS'. Gotta say though, pretty upset the bayonet isn't going to be included in game. Even if it was just cosmetic, it'd be nice. 

brenod3d

this weapon is very good at long rage, but better keep a g18 around for cqb.

maxresdefault.jpg

CptBluemax
32 minutes ago, Sam_ said:

Thanks man; love my SKS'. Gotta say though, pretty upset the bayonet isn't going to be included in game. Even if it was just cosmetic, it'd be nice. 

I am curious about the 'buttstroke' option?

Might be able to club them with the SKS lol

trotskygrad
On 12/26/2016 at 1:31 PM, brenod3d said:

this weapon is very good at long rage, but better keep a g18 around for cqb.

maxresdefault.jpg

SKSs are not good for anything "long range"

Sam_

Hey guys — just thought I'd give a little update again. For those who are interested or care about SKS'. Today I got a beauty — A Chinese type 56.... with the stamped receiver and pinned barrel. It's gorgeous. It's got more wood grain than you can shake a stick at, and it's interesting because while I am used to usually seeing stocks that are yellowish and/or dark red/brown on the Chinese SKS', this one is a really neat sandy/light brown/blonde. And the actual way it feels against your hands was really unexpected; it's smooth. Very smooth. I was wondering if maybe it could  be cosmoline that wasn't all extracted when the owner before me cleaned it off, but my hands show no signs of being oily, or any traces of cosmo on me after handling the rifle.

Either way, it's a joy to own this rare piece of history and add it to my collection. :x

I attached pics of course; check her out!

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

Edited by Sam_
ETA
  • Upvote 2

HiddenBullet
2 hours ago, Sam_ said:

Hey guys — just thought I'd give a little update again. For those who are interested or care about SKS'. Today I got a beauty — A Chinese type 56.... with the stamped receiver and pinned barrel. It's gorgeous. It's got more wood grain than you can shake a stick at, and it's interesting because while I am used to usually seeing stocks that are yellowish and/or dark red/brown on the Chinese SKS', this one is a really neat sandy/light brown/blonde. And the actual way it feels against your hands was really unexpected; it's smooth. Very smooth. I was wondering if maybe it could  be cosmoline that wasn't all extracted when the owner before me cleaned it off, but my hands show no signs of being oily, or any traces of cosmo on me after handling the rifle.

Either way, it's a joy to own this rare piece of history and add it to my collection. :x

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

It could be that the previous owner stripped the finish off to give it the natural look. My Mosin is very similar.

• Upvote 1

Sam_
2 hours ago, KRDucky said:

It could be that the previous owner stripped the finish off to give it the natural look. My Mosin is very similar.

Ah hah! That may be it too. I didn't stop to think about that but now that you mention it, the Chinese did love their shellac. 

its smooth as anything to the touch, and yet, the wood grain gives it a gritty as hell aesthetic. 

What mosin do you have? I want one but not sure I want a 91/30. Maybe just so I can cross it off the combloc list. I want a car Carbine variant like the Type 53 and M44. The M44 is Russian, right?

hangoverhomey

My only complaint?  The bayonet is missing, you should be able to use that sucker to stick some enemies.

Love the SKS though, I have a 1954 Tula and a Chinese Type 56.

Edited by hangoverhomey
  • Upvote 1

Tiyrd
On 4/26/2016 at 3:25 PM, knifejaw said:

I'm pretty sure that will be an option considering that the other weapons so far has great customization options. Also, the Contract Wars SKS had a 30 round mag.

SKS.jpg

DAMNN i cant wait to get my hands on one of these!!

23 hours ago, Sam_ said:

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

DAMNN so nice, that color tho xD

• Upvote 1

Kes_17

This is beautiful, I just hope I can get into the alpha~

Sam_
6 hours ago, hangoverhomey said:

My only complaint?  The bayonet is missing, you should be able to use that sucker to stick some enemies.

Love the SKS though, I have a 1954 Tula and a Chinese Type 56.

Dude, I feel the same way. The way I see it, at least one of the SKS' in game should include the bayonet, even if it is purely cosmetic. I am happy though that they are including more than one variant.

Nice to see another SKS fan; love the wood on the Russians, they just glow in the right light. Love my 1953 Tula. I really want to come across a nonrefubished 1949 with that 90degree end of the gas tube. Would love to come across an Izzy too. Ahh I could go on and on but I'll stop here. And in case you didn't see my others, I'll post the pic of my collection. 

I own, from top to bottom, a Ghost SKS in phenolic stock, Yugoslavian M59/66A1, Russian 1953 Tula (Liskie refurb — serial # stamped horizontally on buttstock and hand guard), Albanian type 56-1 (it has a Chinese magazine in it now while I repair the original Albanian mag), and Chinese type 56 (original handguard was bought and installed after pic was taken) which I traded along with cash for the stamped receiver SKS you saw. 

2 hours ago, Snipe0876 said:

Really nice Sam!! 

Thank ya sir! Do you have any yourself? 

1 hour ago, Tiyrd said:

DAMNN i cant wait to get my hands on one of these!!

DAMNN so nice, that color tho xD

Me too! Everyday that goes by without an update or patch notes that say "added SKS in game" is like another knife in my back... lol just kidding. I can wait; I'm going to stock the hell up with them once they're in game and hoard them hahah.

IMG_0265.JPG

Edited by Sam_
Spelling

hangoverhomey

Beautiful collection you have there, love that Yugo and Albanian, nice TT33 too!.

I almost bought an Albanian awhile back for 1500 Canadian but passed and bought an antique status swiss model 1882 revolver instead.  Those Yugo m59/66's came in a batch about 5 years back in mint condition through marstar, kick myself for not buying one as they are 3-4 times the price now.

As for the 1949 sks they are definitely very nice and interesting, I have a friend who owns one., they command quite the premium up here as well.

I currently have another military surplus type 56 on it's way to me in the mail, they are going for 249.99 right now, good deal.

Edited by hangoverhomey
  • Upvote 1

Tiyrd
1 hour ago, Sam_ said:

Dude, I feel the same way. The way I see it, at least one of the SKS' in game should include the bayonet, even if it is purely cosmetic. I am happy though that they are including more than one variant.

Nice to see another SKS fan; love the wood on the Russians, they just glow in the right light. Love my 1953 Tula. I really want to come across a nonrefubished 1949 with that 90degree end of the gas tube. Would love to come across an Izzy too. Ahh I could go on and on but I'll stop here. And in case you didn't see my others, I'll post the pic of my collection. 

I own, from top to bottom, a Ghost SKS in phenolic stock, Yugoslavian M59/66A1, Russian 1953 Tula (Liskie refurb — serial # stamped horizontally on buttstock and hand guard), Albanian type 56-1 (it has a Chinese magazine in it now while I repair the original Albanian mag), and Chinese type 56 (original handguard was bought and installed after pic was taken) which I traded along with cash for the stamped receiver SKS you saw. 

Thank ya sir! Do you have any yourself? 

Me too! Everyday that goes by without an update or patch notes that say "added SKS in game" is like another knife in my back... lol just kidding. I can wait; I'm going to stock the hell up with them once they're in game and hoard them hahah.

IMG_0265.JPG

oh my.. your taunting me too much with this xD im just sitting in the back waiting for it to happen :P plz Devs we <3 you add it ASAP :D

Sam_
2 hours ago, hangoverhomey said:

Beautiful collection you have there, love that Yugo and Albanian, nice TT33 too!.

I almost bought an Albanian awhile back for 1500 Canadian but passed and bought an antique status swiss model 1882 revolver instead.  Those Yugo m59/66's came in a batch about 5 years back in mint condition through marstar, kick myself for not buying one as they are 3-4 times the price now.

As for the 1949 sks they are definitely very nice and interesting, I have a friend who owns one., they command quite the premium up here as well.

I currently have another military surplus type 56 on it's way to me in the mail, they are going for 249.99 right now, good deal.

Thanks , homey :P. Yeah I'm a big fan of the Albanians, suppose to be getting another this week once the guy gets back from Florida. Don't know if I'll be able to though, since I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a cast receiver sks. Woah! That is a lot sheesh. Yeah there are a lot of M59/66's in outstanding condition. You kick yourself for not buyin em years ago, and I kick myself for not being born years earlier :P. I only got into collecting SKS' this past November. I'm 24 by the way, and hear older guys talking about the days SKS' were sold out of barrels for $69. 9_9 (not rolling eyes, interpret it as more of a "looking up and reminiscing" emoticon lmao. Like a "the good 'ol days" type of thing. That's really cool you have a friend who's got a '49. Don't see myself finding or getting one for a while. 

Once you get your type 56 post a pic; you live in Canada , that's what you said right? Where Russian SKS' are dirt cheap. Both Russian and Chinese run for more in the states. Russian 500-750 and Chinese type 56 — $275 $350. (I wouldn't pay more than that unless there's something special about it. Like the stamped receiver I just got). 

31 minutes ago, Tiyrd said:

oh my.. your taunting me too much with this xD im just sitting in the back waiting for it to happen :P plz Devs we <3 you add it ASAP :D

I know the feeling though, looking at the games SKS model on the first page and not being able to use it! Ahhh (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ !!! Hope we are at least thrown a bone and get to see what the other variants 3-D game models like the SKS-M/D. I wanna see that AK mag >:) 

HiddenBullet
23 hours ago, Sam_ said:

Ah hah! That may be it too. I didn't stop to think about that but now that you mention it, the Chinese did love their shellac. 

its smooth as anything to the touch, and yet, the wood grain gives it a gritty as hell aesthetic. 

What mosin do you have? I want one but not sure I want a 91/30. Maybe just so I can cross it off the combloc list. I want a car Carbine variant like the Type 53 and M44. The M44 is Russian, right?

I have the m91/30 Hex Receiver from Tula (Soviet).

This is a video a friend of mine shot of me back in 2011.

Edited by KRDucky
  • Upvote 1

topshotz357

I like the sks but..... wheres the ak47?

hangoverhomey
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:18 PM, Sam_ said:

Once you get your type 56 post a pic; you live in Canada , that's what you said right? Where Russian SKS' are dirt cheap. Both Russian and Chinese run for more in the states. Russian 500-750 and Chinese type 56 — $275 $350. (I wouldn't pay more than that unless there's something special about it. Like the stamped receiver I just got). 

Yes I will post a pic of my new type 56 when she arrives, hopefully at the end of this week or Monday.  I am up in Canada yes, they are very cheap and plentiful up here but believe it or not, the Chinese ones are harder to find and cost more than your typical Russian izzy or tula.

Sam_
4 hours ago, hangoverhomey said:

Yes I will post a pic of my new type 56 when she arrives, hopefully at the end of this week or Monday.  I am up in Canada yes, they are very cheap and plentiful up here but believe it or not, the Chinese ones are harder to find and cost more than your typical Russian izzy or tula.

Hah yeah I always see people from Canada in an SKE group I'm in posting ads from cabelas and something tire ( forget full name) for $200 Russians. Here in the US Chinese is more plentiful, less expensive too. & Izhevsks are rare/harder to find. Can't wait to see yours!

I bit the bullet and bought a Sporter today. Been wanting one for the longest time and could never find them for a decent price, always $650-800 (yeah $800 ಠ_ಠ. Unreasonable if you ask me. Unless it was the first or second gen of Sporter then I'd consider paying that much). So I got it for $550. I missed an NR a couple days back for $300 (!!!!) (NR is the one that looks like a Sporter except it doesn't have the side sling swivel, or dimple on the foregrip. It's like a normal military stock in that aspect.) Anyhow, can't wait to load up some AK mags and have some fun with the Sporter once it arrives. :0

Tiyrd
On 1/9/2017 at 11:18 PM, Sam_ said:

I know the feeling though, looking at the games SKS model on the first page and not being able to use it! Ahhh (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ !!! Hope we are at least thrown a bone and get to see what the other variants 3-D game models like the SKS-M/D. I wanna see that AK mag >:) 

Oh man with AK mag... theres no other weapon id want more xD and i cant even imagine what they will sound like in-game but i know ill most likely love that too lol

PeePole

yeah it'll be nice to see more early/mid cold war weaponry plus some civilian weapons

Borscht

Considering the last time this question was asked was in August...so....when are we going to get the SKS?
Also, earlier I saw some people complaining about polymer everything on certain modern renditions. FYI, Israel was rebuilding old, WW2-era M1 Carbine into "modern" stuff for police use with polymer all over the place. Most of them ended up in the police volunteer units where I had a chance to carry it around almost a decade ago, despite being 16 years of age. Funnily enough we had both the "modern" one with foldable metal stock and the old, Springfield-made M1's with full, non-foldable wooden stock in service. 

Sam_
1 hour ago, Tiyrd said:

Oh man with AK mag... theres no other weapon id want more xD and i cant even imagine what they will sound like in-game but i know ill most likely love that too lol

Yep! Considering they are doing a fantastic job with the weapon animations going as far to even make the smoke patterns etc from the pressure/explosion of the bullet coming out of the barrel unique to every different muzzle brake, suppressor, compensator ,etc. and record the sounds of each gun in different conditions/areas, chances are it's going to sound just as they do in real life. 

34 minutes ago, Borscht said:

Considering the last time this question was asked was in August...so....when are we going to get the SKS?
Also, earlier I saw some people complaining about polymer everything on certain modern renditions. FYI, Israel was rebuilding old, WW2-era M1 Carbine into "modern" stuff for police use with polymer all over the place. Most of them ended up in the police volunteer units where I had a chance to carry it around almost a decade ago, despite being 16 years of age. Funnily enough we had both the "modern" one with foldable metal stock and the old, Springfield-made M1's with full, non-foldable wooden stock in service. 

Borscht— not a bad question. I asked it not too long ago (a couple weeks ago) in this same thread to one of the developers and his response was something along the lines of "cannot tell you (yet)" 

im one of the people who isn't a big fan of polymer on rifles that were made originally wood and steel. But I don't mind it on some, and won't go out of my way to bash people for it. I like the slr104 and such. I'm going to probably get one soon since they are now OK in Maryland :)

That's pretty neat though, so did/do you live in Israel? M1's are neat and also on my list of "to-gets" big fan of carbines. 

hangoverhomey

^It really is seriously very impressive as a fellow gun nut to play this game, they have done the best job on the firearms I have ever seen in any game.  Seriously DEV's you guys are the new video game gun gods.

• Upvote 1

Ajacklee4
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Patfast said:

My nigga! But will we have the option to convert it to run off of AK mags, a la Battlefield?

battlefield-4-sks.jpg

(Please don't include the Tapco furniture. Tapco is disgusting and cancerous.)

They DO NOT use AK magazines. They use a Tapco duck bill magazine made specifically for the SKS. Norinco made the SKS M and SKS D which were converted to use AK magazines, but those SKSs are not as interchangeable with other SKSs.