TarkovEscaper

SKS

Ajacklee4
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Drakkaar said:

Hey, random question but do all SKS's come with Bayonets? Like, are they manufactured and sold all with Bayonets? 

Some guy on reddit is saying the SKS you've shown should have a bayonet because they all do.  I tried to explain that most first previews of weapons only show the stock weapon without modifications.  

I compared the SV-98 without a scope from their preview of it.

He argue's it's not a modication, it comes stock on the weapon right from manufacturing.  Looking for some clarification from either one of the devs (Since they have extensive background with firearms) or someone else who might know for sure :)

Yes, they all come with a Bayonet. Many are removed, but only because of stupid mods or because of import laws. You can find a bipod which attaches to the bayonet lug if it is missing the bayonet. My IRL SKS had the lug and bayo removed all together.

• Upvote 1

Ajacklee4
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 5:04 PM, trotskygrad said:

1. "long range"

you're aware that the 7,62x39 drops like a rock after 300m? that was one of the motivating factors of the switch to 5,45x39... please learn some history. Battlefield isn't a source

2. It was development before Soviets realized that AK could fulfill the role of an infantry rifle as well as a submachine gun and then got deprecated. Originally the SKS was supposed to replace the mosin/SVT-40 and the AK was supposed to replace the PPSh. But then they realised that the AK was just as effective as the SKS at range, so SKS got BTFO.

7.62x39 is still effective out to 800 yards if you're more intelligent than your average ape.

Ajacklee4
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Drakkaar said:

So the guy is talkinf out his ass xD

Patfast is full of shite.

hangoverhomey
On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎09 at 9:18 PM, Sam_ said:

Once you get your type 56 post a pic

My type 56 hasn't shown up yet unfortunately, sometime early next week but here is a pic of my Russian Tula sks and my 1940 izzy SVT-40 with early 6 port muzzle brake "my baby". :begreat:

dhdvQz5.jpg?1

Edited by hangoverhomey

Sam_
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:26 PM, hangoverhomey said:

My type 56 hasn't shown up yet unfortunately, sometime early next week but here is a pic of my Russian Tula sks and my 1940 izzy SVT-40 with early 6 port muzzle brake "my baby". :begreat:

dhdvQz5.jpg?1

:0! Dude, they are gorgeous. Your SVT looks immaculate too! Amazing pieces you got there man, thanks for sharing :) 

Rxnk

My favorite gun, definitely should be added!

HiddenBullet

This should be added:

hangoverhomey
8 hours ago, Sam_ said:

:0! Dude, they are gorgeous. Your SVT looks immaculate too! Amazing pieces you got there man, thanks for sharing :) 

Thanks man, you have some really nice looking pieces too.  That Albanian..... it pains me seriously, I want one so bad.

As for my SVT 40.  The gun is a very early production low 3 digit serial number, the stock isn't matching however.  I took the stock off another rifle due to it not being refurbed.  It's still nice and thick, no dings and doesn't have any repairs done.

I also swapped out the gas rod, piston and cup from the gun I took the stock from..... sooo this is a custom built/hand select gun.

Best components mixed together from two rifles.

Edited by hangoverhomey

Sam_
3 hours ago, hangoverhomey said:

Thanks man, you have some really nice looking pieces too.  That Albanian..... it pains me seriously, I want one so bad.

As for my SVT 40.  The gun is a very early production low 3 digit serial number, the stock isn't matching however.  I took the stock off another rifle due to it not being refurbed.  It's still nice and thick, no dings and doesn't have any repairs done.

I also swapped out the gas rod, piston and cup from the gun I took the stock from..... sooo this is a custom built/hand select gun.

Best components mixed together from two rifles.

Yep, I love my Alby. The handguard is so unique lol. I do want to get another though, that has all #'s matching. 

Thats nice though, that you were even able to pick and choose which parts for your SVT dude! Nice!

SlashyTheCow

I'm a tad unfamiliar with the history of Russian weapons barring the obvious AK series n' all so bear with me.

Did the Russian Army continually upgrade the SKS as a Scout Rifle like the M14, or is it a much more rare to see modernized? I have read that the SKS faded into obscurity when they began production of the AK, as they had relatively the same characteristics (As in the only significant differences were fire mode and shooter handling).

I don't expect a polymer stock, Picatinny rail or EBR-like enhancements, but did the SKS shift with Weapon Development or is it still a very basic, WWII-esq platform?

DerPlusmacher

i Love this gun !!!!!!!

hangoverhomey
12 hours ago, SlashyTheCow said:

I'm a tad unfamiliar with the history of Russian weapons barring the obvious AK series n' all so bear with me.

Did the Russian Army continually upgrade the SKS as a Scout Rifle like the M14, or is it a much more rare to see modernized? I have read that the SKS faded into obscurity when they began production of the AK, as they had relatively the same characteristics (As in the only significant differences were fire mode and shooter handling).

I don't expect a polymer stock, Picatinny rail or EBR-like enhancements, but did the SKS shift with Weapon Development or is it still a very basic, WWII-esq platform?

Minus them experimenting with full auto models and larger cap magazines, the SKS has remained virtually unchanged since inception.  The soviets put millions of them into reserve stocks and they just sat there, now they are being sold off to western civilian's or funneled into conflict zones.

So the simple answer is, you get an SKS with iron sights, a 10 round internal box magazine, a pouch with cleaning kit, sling and stripper clips.  It will come with either a laminated stock "stronger" or an arctic birch stock and a bayonet.  That's it.

They are incredibly simple and durable.  All you need is a cartridge to completely field strip it.  With that bullet tip you can take out the trigger group and magazine.   With the swivel of a spring loaded catch, you can take off the gas tube, piston's and spring in sight block. 

By flicking a retaining pin up and out you take off the rear receiver cover and the recoil spring assembly and bolt assembly slides out to the rear.

That's all there is to it.  I can take it apart blindfolded no problem quickly.

Edited by hangoverhomey

Sam_

Got another today :) SKS Sporter (92). The variant that takes AK magazines besides M, D, NR, etc..
So this makes #6 in my SKS collection to date; and still many more to get 9_9
@hangoverhomey

SKSSporter.jpg

SKSSporter3.jpg

SKSSporter4.jpg

Sporter.JPG

• Upvote 1

hangoverhomey
On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎25 at 2:58 PM, Sam_ said:

Got another today :) SKS Sporter (92). The variant that takes AK magazines besides M, D, NR, etc..
So this makes #6 in my SKS collection to date; and still many more to get 9_9
@hangoverhomey

SKSSporter.jpg

SKSSporter3.jpg

SKSSporter4.jpg

Sporter.JPG

Hey, that's a pretty sweet looking setup.  Looks quite comfortable.  It's like an SKS-D mixed with a Mak 90 lol.  Let me know how it is accuracy wise, if you notice a difference will ya.

Cool piece of gear.   As for my Type 56, I ended up reselling it as she was really rough shape :(.  I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to condition.

Edited by hangoverhomey

Sam_
9 hours ago, hangoverhomey said:

Hey, that's a pretty sweet looking setup.  Looks quite comfortable.  It's like an SKS-D mixed with a Mak 90 lol.  Let me know how it is accuracy wise, if you notice a difference will ya.

Cool piece of gear.   As for my Type 56, I ended up reselling it as she was really rough shape :(.  I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to condition.

Thanks man; yeah they are neat variants. If I had a choice of which one I could get at the time I'd definitely have gone for the 88 000 000 serial #'s. They have the stubby fsb and a standard military stock. I'm not the biggest fan of the thumbhole stock, but I don't hate it either lol. I can see the mak90 in it. I hate my state, can't own AKs :(. Well, AK pistols are okay, and they just ok'ed the arsenal slr-104 (ak74) so that's a step forward. I'll let ya know once I get the chance to shoot!

Ah hah! I was wondering where that thing was lol. Yeah I don't blame you for selling it off; I am also a stickler for condition, looks and originality. A purist, really. I don't like seeing an SKS in a plastic folding stock & bipod, sight, shell deflector, etc.(if it's already mismatching & whatnot , I suppose it's alright; in my little world lol) ha. There's a meme somewhere I'll see if I can upload it. 

Will you be looking for another type 56? Or has something else caught your attention that you want in the time that's passed?

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0524.PNG

Sam_

Nice man, always thought Type 81's were interesting.

Updated pics of my SKS collection. (and one of the overall collection for the hell of it.)

collection1-29.jpg

collection1-29mosin,tokarev4.JPG

Borscht

What's the upper gun on the lower pic? Looks like a carbine version of Mosin.

• Upvote 1

Sam_
10 hours ago, Borscht said:

What's the upper gun on the lower pic? Looks like a carbine version of Mosin.

That's exactly it; M44. Made at Izhevsk. I like the carbines more than the rifles. They just look odd to me. 

hangoverhomey
On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎02 at 8:23 PM, Sam_ said:

That's exactly it; M44. Made at Izhevsk. I like the carbines more than the rifles. They just look odd to me. 

Yeah really nice M44 man, I had an Izzy M38 for a bit "they are loud and throw huge fire balls haha", had the bayo slot in the stock due to being a refurb. 

I'm kicking myself for selling but I took the money from it towards a French model 1892 revolver.

I like collecting pre-1898/99 antiques.

Edited by hangoverhomey

Sam_
On 2/5/2017 at 11:42 PM, hangoverhomey said:

Yeah really nice M44 man, I had an Izzy M38 for a bit "they are loud and throw huge fire balls haha", had the bayo slot in the stock due to being a refurb. 

I'm kicking myself for selling but I took the money from it towards a French model 1892 revolver.

I like collecting pre-1898/99 antiques.

Thanks!; they are definitely loud as hell. At the range, people stop and look over every time I begin shooting it. You can, like, feel it in your chest lol. And yes, the fireballs are incredible. That is neat you used to have an M38. They're pretty cool, and interesting since they have no bayonet. 

Im personally not as interested in pre 1900 weapons (yet?) but I'm getting close as I keep going back in the years haha. Still quite a few weapons from the WWII and post war era that I've yet to acquire. 

I got a new gun recently though, was given an SLR-104 (AK74) for my birthday. I'm so stoked for it as I've always wondered what 5.45x39 was like and SKS' are my favorite, and the 7.62 round, but I'm finding there's a lot to love about 5.45 as well. The recoil for one, the velocity is cool too and the general characteristics like its yawing. 

Heres a pic of the AK:

IMG_0754.JPG

AngrySpartan

Sad we aren't seeing this in the alpha currently, are there any plans to implement it before beta?

Perilous
On 09/03/2017 at 8:40 PM, AngrySpartan said:

Sad we aren't seeing this in the alpha currently, are there any plans to implement it before beta?

I'm pretty sure they will. As far as I've noticed, they plan to release the MPX, DVL and SKS in the near future. I think they will make it till Beta (summer).

PsiShock101
On 2/23/2017 at 7:32 PM, Sam_ said:

Thanks!; they are definitely loud as hell. At the range, people stop and look over every time I begin shooting it. You can, like, feel it in your chest lol. And yes, the fireballs are incredible. That is neat you used to have an M38. They're pretty cool, and interesting since they have no bayonet. 

Im personally not as interested in pre 1900 weapons (yet?) but I'm getting close as I keep going back in the years haha. Still quite a few weapons from the WWII and post war era that I've yet to acquire. 

I got a new gun recently though, was given an SLR-104 (AK74) for my birthday. I'm so stoked for it as I've always wondered what 5.45x39 was like and SKS' are my favorite, and the 7.62 round, but I'm finding there's a lot to love about 5.45 as well. The recoil for one, the velocity is cool too and the general characteristics like its yawing. 

Heres a pic of the AK:

IMG_0754.JPG

You must really like your AK. Snapping instragrams with it posed like a slutty chick in the morning sun. :D
Nice looking rifle.