Jump to content
TarkovEscaper

SKS

Recommended Posts

Sam_
13 hours ago, PsiShock101 said:

You must really like your AK. Snapping instragrams with it posed like a slutty chick in the morning sun. :D
Nice looking rifle.

Yeah, I definitely like it a lot, love the 5.45x39 round, the recoil is almost non existent compared to my SKS' and Mosin, so it's always nice to just end a day at the range with this bad boy (or girl... slutty girl? lol) and just go nuts with it. Thanks mang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AidanShepard55

Are they available in the alpha yet ? and if so how do I get one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FGulli
3 minutes ago, AidanShepard55 said:

Are they available in the alpha yet ? and if so how do I get one

SKS is planned to release in the next patch. No date given yet, but within a couple of weeks it should be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borscht
3 hours ago, FGulli said:

SKS is planned to release in the next patch. No date given yet, but within a couple of weeks it should be here.

And I will make it my personal mission to find every single "modern" modded SKS and restore them to their wooden glory.
(Brutally murdering the unlucky owner in the process)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sam_
On 3/23/2017 at 11:56 AM, Borscht said:

And I will make it my personal mission to find every single "modern" modded SKS and restore them to their wooden glory.
(Brutally murdering the unlucky owner in the process)

Love this comment man ;). Kill all bubbas, and people who tacticool their SKS!              (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borscht

In anticipation for Mosin (Which we will inevitably get at some point)

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sam_
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, Borscht said:

In anticipation for Mosin (Which we will inevitably get at some point)

 

Lmao he/she just tilts, his/her head like "..wat?" haha. Yeah, in their video about getting weapons sounds and poo, they had a Mosin in it, so I'm guessing they weren't just shooting it for fun and are going to add it eventually. That'll be great; I love my M44. At the range, people always look over when I'm shooting it, so loud, you can feel a thud in your chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borscht
1 hour ago, Sam_ said:

Lmao he/she just tilts, his/her head like "..wat?" haha. Yeah, in their video about getting weapons sounds and poo, they had a Mosin in it, so I'm guessing they weren't just shooting it for fun and are going to add it eventually. That'll be great; I love my M44. At the range, people always look over when I'm shooting it, so loud, you can feel a thud in your chest.

I have a feeling that in the end release I'll be the ghetto BEAR - running around with a Mosin, SKS or Tokarev :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CobraStroker

I owned an SKS before. I just want to say that I think it should be in this game. 

Customizing is a must, the old 10 round zip clip and wood stock are awful. what you do is swap the stock with a newer modern on preferably folding. Then you have to get some modified AK magazines, ( only problem is that it will eject the shells strait up and they can and will fall on top of you, just hope their not super hot)

Also forget the Bi Pod on this gun, its not really what id call a sniper rifle, the Iron sites however are fairly good, ( close to medium range, ) I would way rather use them than the modern day Ghost site that came with my AR15. Anyways leave the bayonet on it or probably just remove it, the barrel is already heavy enough. But mine did come with that old timey grenade launcher where you have to put the nade on the end of the barrel, so the gun also had a bunch of extra flip up  sites.  One should probably just scrap all that for a muzzle suppressor or something,  But it might be fun in game and also as a reason to use such an old gun. 

Thats some of  my thoughts and experience with SKS  

ADVB2201232_1_1024x1024.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sam_
11 hours ago, Borscht said:

I have a feeling that in the end release I'll be the ghetto BEAR - running around with a Mosin, SKS or Tokarev :D

Dude, I completely agree - Wood and steel all the way my friend! (and to your comment after that, reminds me of that picture with the bubba coming in through the door, saying, "its tapco time!" and the Yugo SKS is like, "No bubba! Nooo!!" hahha

 

6 hours ago, CobraStroker said:

I owned an SKS before. I just want to say that I think it should be in this game. 

Customizing is a must, the old 10 round zip clip and wood stock are awful. what you do is swap the stock with a newer modern on preferably folding. Then you have to get some modified AK magazines, ( only problem is that it will eject the shells strait up and they can and will fall on top of you, just hope their not super hot)

Also forget the Bi Pod on this gun, its not really what id call a sniper rifle, the Iron sites however are fairly good, ( close to medium range, ) I would way rather use them than the modern day Ghost site that came with my AR15. Anyways leave the bayonet on it or probably just remove it, the barrel is already heavy enough. But mine did come with that old timey grenade launcher where you have to put the nade on the end of the barrel, so the gun also had a bunch of extra flip up  sites.  One should probably just scrap all that for a muzzle suppressor or something,  But it might be fun in game and also as a reason to use such an old gun. 

Thats some of  my thoughts and experience with SKS  

ADVB2201232_1_1024x1024.jpg

It's definitely not a must to customize - there are 20 round internal magazines, and others with the capability to take box  magazines (that aren't the shitty duckbill kind), and side mounts for scopes/sights can be added or are already added in some of the Chinese variants put together for export to usa, like the cowboys companion, etc..(of course for the purpose of the game, and all the customization in it'd it'd be backwards to not include options for the SKS, so I'm not delusional or anything lol :P) The way I see it, if you want an AK/something like an AK,  get an AK. I won't go any further, 'cause I don't intend to start an argument. I own 7 and I'd never put one in a tapco, ati, etc.. stock. Maaaybe I'd consider doing it with one that's non numbers matching, already been bubba'd etc.

I've got two Yugo's as well, and I love the m59/66 as well, I'm about to get some dummy/training 22mm grenades to mess around with lol. I want a North Korean one pretty bad, which can also have a grenade launcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SmugDoodleBug
On 4/26/2016 at 10:50 PM, Sascomander said:

Can we make our Sks Black and Chrome?

eXEfkRp.jpg

If you want to stick a bullseye on your forehead.

"Look at me! I'm here! Can't you see me sparkling in the sunlight? Aren't I pretty. Shoot me. Please."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borscht
1 hour ago, UglyPony said:

If you want to stick a bullseye on your forehead.

"Look at me! I'm here! Can't you see me sparkling in the sunlight? Aren't I pretty. Shoot me. Please."

This. Anything flashy and shiny has no place here. Unless it's a flashlight. I like my flashlights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CobraStroker
4 hours ago, Borscht said:

This. Anything flashy and shiny has no place here. Unless it's a flashlight. I like my flashlights. 

Right, I dont want to see a bunch of dumb looking  red and yellow football looking Mother Fers with diamond grills and some kinda little kid pajama  print of a bunch of dollar signs and crowns bunny hopping around trying to 360 no scope me with a golden gun that has flames painted on it, off the top of a building asking me if Im mad bro, or telling me to get good, both of thos questions being asked regardless to how any form of combat was preformed by ether party. 

 

This is what you look like, a god damn clown!!!!!

 

edit- I just now realized what I have for a profile pick, lol. To be fair tho that is my family's old call to arms banner made out of wood that i used windows paint to put my game tag on it.  

download.jpg

Edited by CobraStroker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borscht

Aaaaand the ingame SKS ended up having a heretical 20 round mag. Fun fact - it's one of the most expensive mags in game lol (5k)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kmieciu
On 6.04.2017 at 5:37 PM, Borscht said:

Aaaaand the ingame SKS ended up having a heretical 20 round mag. Fun fact - it's one of the most expensive mags in game lol (5k)

Aaaand it drops unarmored dudes with 1 chest shot, while the other 7.62x51 & 7.62x54 rifles in the game need at least 2 shots ;-)

Aaaand it easily pierces the 6b43 armor with titanium/boron carbide ceramic plates. 

LOL.

IMHO somebody made a decimal error when entering the 7.62x39 damage and armor piercing stats...

Because right now, it's probably the best weapon in EOT.

 

Edited by Kmieciu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HellaChewz

Wondering if we could get some upgraded rear sight aperture for the sks? @JohnnyTest91

Something along the lines of this:

UPGRADED SKS REAR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RupSon

One of my biggest concerns with EFT SKS, is that it's too OP OP SKS haha. It is only 7.62x39 carbine, but have capabilities of sniper rifle. IMO:

1) Damage should be slightly decreased (one - two shot in chest, instead of one shot one kill)

2) Damage drop / Armor Penetration drop (If such features are in game, well they should be there, since it aims for realism) should be increased so at long range it would take ~ 2x more shots then now.

I know that it's only Alpha and it can be very unbalaced, but still SKS making SV98 obsolete is no good.

Edited by RupSon
Mistakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vic_Rattlehead
On 4/26/2016 at 5:19 PM, ivantherussian said:

Alec please just staph, some old ass soviet weaponry is okay, no need to modernize everything, a NOICE ppsh-41 or a mosin nagant would be awesome to have in the game too.

A ppsh-41 would be amazing with wood stock and big drum mag now all i need is my vodka.

images (6).jpg

images (5).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sushi

@TarkovEscaper May I ask why the Tapco converted SKS was chosen for Tarkov instead of the SKS-D or a variant that uses AK mags? It seems a little strange that an American modification of the SKS would be found in Tarkov!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicSilenceTv

Can't wait to use it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KaszubKomandos

wish we could do more with the stock dont like the look of wooden guns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
o0Cosmo0o

There is a suppressor for the SKS in game?

I can't find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2