herbbug

EscapeFromTarkov.exe process priority defaults to "realtime"

herbbug

Not sure why, I've gone through a lot of troubleshooting. If I launch Tarkov through the launcher the process priority (task manager) is defaulted to realtime which causes terrible instability issues etc. I'm pretty sure there are disclaimers that state usually programs should not be set to realtime priority.

I can manage this by opening task manager and moving to the "details" tab to change the priority to "high.

Alternatively launching from the actual game exe instead of the launcher circumvents this and has the game launch in "normal" or "high" priority.

My specs are as follows:

i7 4670k @4.6Ghz , GTX 1080 Strix , 16gb RAM , OS and game both on SSDs

Edited by herbbug
Typo

Big_Joe

Sounds strange, never heard this problem. Are you on windows? And do you run tarkov as administrator? Have a look on the properties of bsgLauncher.exe and EscapeFromTarkov.exe, maybe windows' compatibility mode is going crazy.

Edited by Big_Joe
  • Thanks 1

herbbug

yeah windows 10 :) thanks for the reply btw @Big_Joe
I have tried everything from running as admin to creating shortcuts that run as admin to calling Command Prompt to launch it with a specific priority and even to launch from steam as a non steam game running as admin...

The best current config I've got is to have steam launch the EscapeFromTarkov.exe directly and that seems to launch in windowed with priority high, alt+tab gets it to fullscreen and then I'm all set... also footnote I have no idea how this would be relevant but CPU usage and Memory usage in task manager seem to be much lower when launching this way (just observation since I'm constantly pulling it up at launch to make sure I'm not running in priority realtime)

Edited by herbbug
typo

pingger

You can use Process Explorer to remember your preferred Process priority for specific processes. ProcExp will automatically restore that setting when it notices, that the process has been started.

PS: Process Explorer is an enhanced Task Manager