Jump to content
Not_Offensive

HK416

Recommended Posts

Not_Offensive

Can we expect a HK416 upper receiver conversion or full weapon in the game?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NateLB

There is already a topic started that is designed for these types of questions/suggestions 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPicklesTheDog

Answered above by @NateLB!

Please make sure that any weapon suggestions are in the correct Weapons Department Topic, thanks!

#moved

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ComradeBurris
2 hours ago, Abrad0lfLincler said:

Can we expect a HK416 upper receiver conversion or full weapon in the game?

HK416 and HK417 are confirmed! expect them very very late though! ;)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocketlite20
On 9/15/2017 at 7:31 PM, MaejorRaskoln said:

HK416 and HK417 are confirmed! expect them very very late though! ;)

Probably Open Beta or full release? I mean, they are adding over 200 guns, sooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crumpsy

How I'd love the 416/417 variants, excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dbruch

I would love to use a German HK417. Would always go with .308. got more punch. Don't like 5.56. :-)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buchi

yeah the 417 would be great, would love to see some 7.62 battle rifles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KhandE
2 hours ago, dbruch said:

I would love to use a German HK417. Would always go with .308. got more punch. Don't like 5.56. :-)

Take a look at someone who's actually been shot with well designed 5.56mm rounds and see if you still have that opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gr8WhiteBuffalo
On 10/23/2017 at 11:24 PM, Pocketlite20 said:

Probably Open Beta or full release? I mean, they are adding over 200 guns, sooooo

Yeah, more like time of release... unfortunately... 416 is one of my all time fave's. :beawesome: 

And they plan to add over 200... here's hoping that reality aligns with their desires. :bewhink:

2 hours ago, dbruch said:

Would always go with .308. got more punch. Don't like 5.56. :-)

4 minutes ago, KhandE said:

Take a look at someone who's actually been shot with well designed 5.56mm rounds and see if you still have that opinion.

Exactamundo. Theres a reason 99% of all military uses 5.56/5.45 now... the word is: Penetration. (Giggity)

When it come to range shooting... 308's are doubtless more fun. When it come to "punching" through armor; the smaller, faster round will win every time. :begood:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magpull-K9

yep it would be great if these guns are coming. The next point is that we can go in and under water in game...cause the 416 can shoot very good from a submerged position. the you're never safe even around shore lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mustangmania540

I would love to have a 416

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ethanm5000

Yeah, It would be a nice addition. I wonder how it would compare to the current m4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L3HR
On 2018-01-13 at 9:16 PM, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

Yeah, more like time of release... unfortunately... 416 is one of my all time fave's. :beawesome: 

And they plan to add over 200... here's hoping that reality aligns with their desires. :bewhink:

Exactamundo. Theres a reason 99% of all military uses 5.56/5.45 now... the word is: Penetration. (Giggity)

When it come to range shooting... 308's are doubtless more fun. When it come to "punching" through armor; the smaller, faster round will win every time. :begood:

Could you provide a source as to your claims that 5.56 NATO penetrates better than 7.62 NATO? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gr8WhiteBuffalo
1 hour ago, L3HR said:

Could you provide a source as to your claims that 5.56 NATO penetrates better than 7.62 NATO? 

7.62 NATO(7.62x51) is a sniper round, more grains, and will definitely out-penetrate any 22...

image.png.3520a4a6108f86985f77c73e77c887ec.png

Considering we are talking about an AR, the direct competitor would be the AKM/SKS 7.62x39, which is a much slower bullet. 

 

7.62x39 averages ~2,356 feet per second at the muzzle.

7.62x51 averages ~2,733 feet per second.

5.56 855 ammo averages ~3,025 feet per second.

 

Physics tells us that a smaller, faster object, will have less resistance to stoppage than a slower, larger object. ;) 

Its unfortunate that I cant find the video... there was an episode of Future Weapons; years ago when the 416 was still just a concept, where he shot 855A1 ammo(AP) through a 416 and BP ammo(also AP) through an AKM into large wood sheets, simulating walls; and again through 1/2" steel plate. 

The difference is fairly marginal, but the 5.56 certainly outperformed.

At a certain range, they would - in theory - perform identically, as the lighter 5.56 loses inertia faster than the heavier 7.62... but at that range youre likely not going to hit your target without a "big" rifle round. (7.62x51/54 etc.)

image.png.ded142134af65c2b77753fb6b68f1ced.png

Note that this graph shows 223 Remington, which has a bit less chamber pressure than 5.56 NATO. 

I hope this clears things up for you. ;) 

Cheers
GWB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KhandE
On 2/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

7.62 NATO(7.62x51) is a sniper round, more grains, and will definitely out-penetrate any 22...

image.png.3520a4a6108f86985f77c73e77c887ec.png

Considering we are talking about an AR, the direct competitor would be the AKM/SKS 7.62x39, which is a much slower bullet. 

 

7.62x39 averages ~2,356 feet per second at the muzzle.

7.62x51 averages ~2,733 feet per second.

5.56 855 ammo averages ~3,025 feet per second.

 

Physics tells us that a smaller, faster object, will have less resistance to stoppage than a slower, larger object. ;) 

Its unfortunate that I cant find the video... there was an episode of Future Weapons; years ago when the 416 was still just a concept, where he shot 855A1 ammo(AP) through a 416 and BP ammo(also AP) through an AKM into large wood sheets, simulating walls; and again through 1/2" steel plate. 

The difference is fairly marginal, but the 5.56 certainly outperformed.

At a certain range, they would - in theory - perform identically, as the lighter 5.56 loses inertia faster than the heavier 7.62... but at that range youre likely not going to hit your target without a "big" rifle round. (7.62x51/54 etc.)

image.png.ded142134af65c2b77753fb6b68f1ced.png

Note that this graph shows 223 Remington, which has a bit less chamber pressure than 5.56 NATO. 

I hope this clears things up for you. ;) 

Cheers
GWB

There's so many factual errors and flat out nonsense in this post that I seriously question if future weapons happens to be the only place you've ever seen an actual weapon.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2