2 hours ago, Abrad0lfLincler said:

Can we expect a HK416 upper receiver conversion or full weapon in the game?

HK416 and HK417 are confirmed! expect them very very late though! ;)

• Upvote 2

On 9/15/2017 at 7:31 PM, MaejorRaskoln said:

HK416 and HK417 are confirmed! expect them very very late though! ;)

Probably Open Beta or full release? I mean, they are adding over 200 guns, sooooo

2 hours ago, dbruch said:

I would love to use a German HK417. Would always go with .308. got more punch. Don't like 5.56. :-)

Take a look at someone who's actually been shot with well designed 5.56mm rounds and see if you still have that opinion.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 11:24 PM, Pocketlite20 said:

Probably Open Beta or full release? I mean, they are adding over 200 guns, sooooo

Yeah, more like time of release... unfortunately... 416 is one of my all time fave's. :beawesome: 

And they plan to add over 200... here's hoping that reality aligns with their desires. :bewhink:

2 hours ago, dbruch said:

Would always go with .308. got more punch. Don't like 5.56. :-)

4 minutes ago, KhandE said:

Take a look at someone who's actually been shot with well designed 5.56mm rounds and see if you still have that opinion.

Exactamundo. Theres a reason 99% of all military uses 5.56/5.45 now... the word is: Penetration. (Giggity)

When it come to range shooting... 308's are doubtless more fun. When it come to "punching" through armor; the smaller, faster round will win every time. :begood:

• Like 1

yep it would be great if these guns are coming. The next point is that we can go in and under water in game...cause the 416 can shoot very good from a submerged position. the you're never safe even around shore lines.

On 2018-01-13 at 9:16 PM, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

Yeah, more like time of release... unfortunately... 416 is one of my all time fave's. :beawesome: 

And they plan to add over 200... here's hoping that reality aligns with their desires. :bewhink:

Exactamundo. Theres a reason 99% of all military uses 5.56/5.45 now... the word is: Penetration. (Giggity)

When it come to range shooting... 308's are doubtless more fun. When it come to "punching" through armor; the smaller, faster round will win every time. :begood:

Could you provide a source as to your claims that 5.56 NATO penetrates better than 7.62 NATO? 

1 hour ago, L3HR said:

Could you provide a source as to your claims that 5.56 NATO penetrates better than 7.62 NATO? 

7.62 NATO(7.62x51) is a sniper round, more grains, and will definitely out-penetrate any 22...

image.png.3520a4a6108f86985f77c73e77c887ec.png

Considering we are talking about an AR, the direct competitor would be the AKM/SKS 7.62x39, which is a much slower bullet. 

7.62x39 averages ~2,356 feet per second at the muzzle.

7.62x51 averages ~2,733 feet per second.

5.56 855 ammo averages ~3,025 feet per second.

Physics tells us that a smaller, faster object, will have less resistance to stoppage than a slower, larger object. ;) 

Its unfortunate that I cant find the video... there was an episode of Future Weapons; years ago when the 416 was still just a concept, where he shot 855A1 ammo(AP) through a 416 and BP ammo(also AP) through an AKM into large wood sheets, simulating walls; and again through 1/2" steel plate. 

The difference is fairly marginal, but the 5.56 certainly outperformed.

At a certain range, they would - in theory - perform identically, as the lighter 5.56 loses inertia faster than the heavier 7.62... but at that range youre likely not going to hit your target without a "big" rifle round. (7.62x51/54 etc.)

image.png.ded142134af65c2b77753fb6b68f1ced.png

Note that this graph shows 223 Remington, which has a bit less chamber pressure than 5.56 NATO. 

I hope this clears things up for you. ;) 

Cheers
GWB