Sign in to follow this  
ShaolinFunk11

Explanation needed BSG

ShaolinFunk11

BSG says they address all cheaters, working hard on anti-cheat, etc.. etc...

Haven't played in about a week, log in, two rounds of good game play in some dude flies around factory killing everyone - that's just 2 rounds in.

Please explain, what am I supposed to think here, how do I correlate this to BSG's stance that that they are addressing this while it is so common. I mean, it is very common now.

Thanks.

alex8xela

It's okay dude, just remember to read the post they made about how their anti-cheat works.

They just wait until they understand how a new cheat works before they ban those who are using it.

The bans occur in waves, every week or 2. 

Edited by alex8xela
What exactly did you lose?

TanithScout

I noticed a lot less cheaters since the last ban wave.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo

Ive had this game since the beginning of the month, Ive only met a few obvious cheaters.

Sometimes its impossible to tell the difference between a player player Scav with wallhack and Scav AI...

Ive yet to see anyone high on Red Bull(no wings) xD but Ive seen a fair few of the pistol glitchers... whatever, only one of em got me( they suck so bad) and I still managed to mortally wound him so I know he didnt make it out with my AK. :uhappy:

By the time of release, I doubt it will be anywhere near as bad as CS... Hell, even CoD had people modding their damn controllers... :bemaybe:

Akazen

We should be glad we have so many  dedicated hackers who code their own hacks in beta. Security will be solid by the time game goes in final

madrabbit

I also think there's a lot of false positives, with desync getting mistaken for hacking.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
1 minute ago, madrabbit said:

I also think there's a lot of false positives, with desync getting mistaken for hacking.

Yeah; dump a mag-load into a dude and he slices you, he wasnt cheating, just Matrix'ed you. :uninja::uninja:

P.s. by "Matrix'ed" I mean desync.

Most of my desync deaths, I never even saw. Was just chummin along, and then, "AHUuuuUGghgHGHG!" black screen. xD 

MrPicklesTheDog

As its been stated a fair few times, cheaters will get banned no matter what. Just because you find somebody hacking in the game you go into doesn't mean that the anti-cheat doesn't work. Think about other games that have anti-cheat, your still gonna find the odd hacker and its only a matter of time before they get banned. Even if the game still has anti-cheat there will still be people who can bypass it, fortunately, they will get caught. I'm not saying that you should just give up and deal with the cheaters find, but please know that they are going to be banned eventually. 

I'm only going to be locking this thread because we have seen a fair few posts about hackers, and already people have tried to witch-hunt other users. 

#locked.