hatchling olympics.. aka infestation of hatchlings

njdaemon

this is game-breaking.. I just killed a level 51-70 hatchling on customs.. this should not be.. scav olympics should not exist!

I know, at first I had nothing against them, i even made an ode to Them.. 

i thank thee
for the free xp
you provide to me

but this is quite a problem and i think the hatchets needs to be nerfed significantly it not eliminate melee completely.. in the worst case that a player runs out of money and has no guns.. you can not force them to do hatchet runs.. make them wait for a scav respawn or better yet, decrease the timer based on their financial/inventory situation

Yes I played by the rules, yes i knifed him back.. yes because the game allowed me to do so..

the game is awesome  but this needs refinement please! 

Capture.JPG

this is not farcry primal.. lol..

Edited by njdaemon

So...

You use knife and use it to kill "because the game lets you", but you are mad if someone else does "because the game lets them". WAT.

Just wait for full skill system and death penalties. Also, persisent health and after-raid recovery. The game is not out yet, it's in early development. Feature-wise it's still alpha/very early beta.

@Forien EXACTLY.. i'm not going to sacrifice my best gear for a good chance of a silent-death-by-hatchling

and obviously neither did the guy on the receiving end..

Edited by njdaemon
Klaus_Quarter
18 minutes ago, Forien said:

Just wait for full skill system and death penalties. Also, persisent health and after-raid recovery. The game is not out yet, it's in early development. Feature-wise it's still alpha/very early beta.

I'm not for hatchling at all, all the contrary actually, but in a such low-paced and low TTK game, having a death penalty in addition to the fact you are loosing all your gears will clearly not stop the hatchling.

I think I not too much guessing if I suppose the penalities won't be much more than -10 on a body part. Same goes to the after-raid recovery, it can't be more than a couple of minutes. So yeah I don't bet on this features to stop the hatchling...

13 hours ago, Klaus_Quarter said:

I'm not for hatchling at all, all the contrary actually, but in a such low-paced and low TTK game, having a death penalty in addition to the fact you are loosing all your gears will clearly not stop the hatchling.

I think I not too much guessing if I suppose the penalities won't be much more than -10 on a body part. Same goes to the after-raid recovery, it can't be more than a couple of minutes. So yeah I don't bet on this features to stop the hatchling...

From what they've stated, the penalties could be going into raids with already broken limbs. Severely impacting the hatchling strategy of rushing crates and then extract. Also the recovery will be a lot longer without medical supplies. If you are constantly dying doing hatchet runs you will run out of supplies fast, until you have none left and are forced to wait much longer to heal fully. 

Klaus_Quarter

I still think it will be a hard thing to setup in term of game balance. I think it can slowing the pace but not at a certain extent, just because it's a game and waiting several minutes just to get into the game is somehow gamebreaking.

If you twitch this game it will be hard to get a great audience. Nowadays having a good twitch visibility is the better way to sale a game, look at PUBG for example.

Edited by Klaus_Quarter