Sign in to follow this  
Guylussac

Found a Fort Armor at Shoreline

Guylussac

The video contains everything :D

mtwiley

Yep, I found one yesterday on a scav at the gas station in customs. Not very common though, I put in 25 hour of playing time since the patch before i found one. 

Guylussac
3 hours ago, mtwiley said:

Yep, I found one yesterday on a scav at the gas station in customs. Not very common though, I put in 25 hour of playing time since the patch before i found one. 

Me too. I played so many hours as solo and did longer raids but can't find one. Then this came out when me and my bros are playing just for fun :D

mtwiley
5 hours ago, Guylussac said:

Me too. I played so many hours as solo and did longer raids but can't find one. Then this came out when me and my bros are playing just for fun :D

So 25 hours of playing for one. Now I have found 2 in the last 6 hours. Guess its just luck of the draw.

Mike9x

Scavs actaully spawn from time to time with the fort armor now. I think the chance is same like if you met scav with helmet before the patch. Now you can see scavs with helmets more often.

I heard that the fort armor has better chance spawning during night time and did not believe it but i did about 10 day time customs raids only farming scavs and did not see it once. Then i started scav night time right on Customs and found fort armor on one of the scavs in 5 minutes of playing. So good for me i can finally buy SCAV backpacks and PACA vests again from Skier ^^

SwitchZ

Last night on Shoreline at dusk our 4-man group (without NVGs) got lucky and found two Fort Armor on scavs we killed on either side of the bunker at the escape! It was so dark that we thought we were talking about the same Fort Armor on just one scav. Here's the moment caught on Twitch: 
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176132555?t=2h19m49s

-- Swedge
http://www.twitch.tv/uncleswedge/

marqs

Yes since the patch there are Scavs with fort armor. That's cool because otherwise the Skier Task would be almost impossible. Found one on costums yesterday..sadly it was offline mode because i was testing something so no fort armor for me :D

WiemelzZz

The scavs at the Customs Gas Station drop them too, have gotten 3 in my last 4 runs.

• Hot 1

Cooky187

Got pretty lucky on patch day, got one on woods from a scav at the shack next to the extraction, unfortunately couldn't use for the quest as it only has 70 durability lol!

• Upvote 1

RealDirtyDan
56 minutes ago, Cooky187 said:

Got pretty lucky on patch day, got one on woods from a scav at the shack next to the extraction, unfortunately couldn't use for the quest as it only has 70 durability lol!

They all only have 70. It has to be 80% of 70 so if its pretty fresh arnor youll be good, just repair with skier

• Like 1

Cooky187
14 minutes ago, RealDirtyDan said:

They all only have 70. It has to be 80% of 70 so if its pretty fresh arnor youll be good, just repair with skier

Oh ma gawd cheers man 

RealDirtyDan
3 minutes ago, Cooky187 said:

Oh ma gawd cheers man 

No problem buddy, enjoy being able to buy pacas lol

• Like 1

Sparti

I'm just wondering if the spawn rate of rare stuff like fort is higher during night time.

Guylussac

Thanks for the info guys. I'll go check out the places you mention :D

I need more Fort Armor for my bros.

Sparti

Just found a fort armot on a scav on customs near the gas station, actually the second time i found one there.

SovietNeko

in my experience is kill all the SCAV and come back later as they have two spawn cycles,

I noticed SCAV mountain on Woods and Gas Station on Customs usually have them as those spawn tend to be more heavily armed compare to other spawns

(found three Fort armor within one hour of playing)

make sure to check every single dead body, if you don't want to get shot while looting, bring friend, or just go up to the body and only focus on helmet and armor slot.

Some FORT armor is hard to see because if the SCAV have AVS and green based cloth is hard to see it.

As for me I normally aim for the neck, if it takes pass 3~6 shots to kill one I know for sure they got FORT amor (or I just suck in general)

My luck is been good in this game...I'm talking finding 3 factory keys in 7 raids lol!!!  (have total of 12 now)

• Hot 1

Guylussac
4 hours ago, SovietNeko said:

in my experience is kill all the SCAV and come back later as they have two spawn cycles,

I noticed SCAV mountain on Woods and Gas Station on Customs usually have them as those spawn tend to be more heavily armed compare to other spawns

(found three Fort armor within one hour of playing)

make sure to check every single dead body, if you don't want to get shot while looting, bring friend, or just go up to the body and only focus on helmet and armor slot.

Some FORT armor is hard to see because if the SCAV have AVS and green based cloth is hard to see it.

As for me I normally aim for the neck, if it takes pass 3~6 shots to kill one I know for sure they got FORT amor (or I just suck in general)

My luck is been good in this game...I'm talking finding 3 factory keys in 7 raids lol!!!  (have total of 12 now)

Wow... I still can't find a new one :)

You can also look to the shoulders of the Scav to whether he is wearing a Fort armor or not. Unline Paca, Fort armor has a protection at shoulders.

mtwiley

Update on the fort search. I have found 2 in customs and 2 in woods all from scavs. Keep up the hunt, they are out there.

SaltySlug

I just got a fort armor on customs at the bus station from scav.  As I was looting I got shot at, so I quickly whipped around and dropped the scav coming at me.  He had a kiver.  I got out and am now a happy bear!

chonglord

Been playing full raids slaughtering all scavs since patch and still haven't seen a fort or kiver, have you guys got any tips? What time in raid did you find it and where, do you need to be a certain level for it to spawn? I'm loving the quest system but this quest is becoming ridiculous now.