Sign in to follow this  
thewarhound91

Toggle for Comtac Headset

thewarhound91

Hey it would be great if we could get a toggle for the Comtac Headset you could even make an animation where he reaches up to his ear  to toggle it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 6

InqGlokta
Am 23.9.2017 um 08:21 schrieb thewarhound91:

Hey it would be great if we could get a toggle for the Comtac Headset you could even make an animation where he reaches up to his ear  to toggle it.

Yeah, i thought the same though. Maybe a toggle that works only for one ear, like the DJ headphone ;) would be a compromise if the toggle is too op.

vatt84

It would be a nice addition

NanoZ

Wasn't key "N" for night vision? (or the slot where it goes in general)

so how about something like "alt + N" or "ctrl + N" for the keybind :uhappy:

Deadmode

Comtac's IRL  are fully-noise cancelling headsets. Powered on, they provide noise amplification but also limit loud noise from damaging your ears by suppressing the mic too, as well as providing radio comms.

In reality it is pointless to 'toggle' them, you either wear them or don't.

Edited by Deadmode

guytrance
18 minutes ago, Deadmode said:

Comtac's IRL  are fully-noise cancelling headsets. Powered on, they provide noise amplification but also limit loud noise from damaging your ears by suppressing the mic too, as well as providing radio comms.

In reality it is pointless to 'toggle' them, you either wear them or don't.

In real world yes...but in Tarkov, as Kotton says: "Walking with these sounds like a bunch of *ucking midgets chewing on serial" lol and he's right its currently annoying. I don't feel its quite practical to occupy so much bag space just to turn it off when unneeded.

Edited by guytrance

Deadmode
43 minutes ago, guytrance said:

In real world yes...but in Tarkov, as Kotton says: "Walking with these sounds like a bunch of *ucking midgets chewing on serial" lol and he's right its currently annoying. I don't feel its quite practical to occupy so much bag space just to turn it off when unneeded.

Yes, this is Tarkov, which is supposed to be a milsim. I have worn Comtacs and you definitely don't want to turn them off. They are such a useful tool.

I agree with you that the sound produced isn't quite what you would realistically hear, so instead of a toggle I would suggest a reworking of that audio interpretation.

Edited by Deadmode

TenzoKamada

i use comtac in real, for airsoft and shooting range, the model is msa sordin supreme pro x. its like comtac but french made, and its really not like in tarkov, the suppressed sound is good in the game, but not lowered and amplified sounds, they need to re-work on it, when they will have the time to ;)