Why is this game unplayable?

HDHero

I bought this game maybe 2 weeks ago, at first it was great everything ran relatively smooth between 30-50 fps then around 3/4 days ago I was playing and i thought I had a memory leak mid fight my screen froze up for a solid 4/5 seconds and when it came back I was dead. And that has been continuously happening now in any engagement I take so unless I can snipe someone and 1 shot them and am willing to wait a few seconds before I get back into the game I can't play. Overall FPS is lower than usual too, This happens on Customs, Shoreline and Factory it happens on woods too but not as often. 

I'm running on a decent enough computer I am actually playing with people with lower specs that have better results, please note my drivers are up to date.

AMD FX 8320 on a GTX 970 with 8gb of ram 

After some testing I believe this game is chewing up to much RAM but considering I paid for a game that specifies my computer would run it I kind of expect to be able to run around and shoot people.

Ever since I got the game i've experienced fps drops whenever a scav or PMC is in relatively close proximity to me, especially on customs.. perhaps this is bad optimization, not sure.. but as soon as they drop dead my fps instantly goes up.. i'm running an i7 gtx1080 and 32gb of ram.. playing in 1440 resolution..

Edited by njdaemon
Just now, njdaemon said:

Ever since I got the game i've experienced fps drops whenever a scav or PMC is in relatively close proximity to me, especially on customs.. perhaps this is bad optimization, not sure.. but as soon as they drop dead my fps instantly goes up.. i'm running and i7 gtx1080 and 32gb or ram.. playing in 1440 resolution..

I'm guessing its optimisation considering your rig is really good, But its not a fps drop its a full on screen freeze 

The game has gone into the beta way too early; people with the most powerful rig components mostly suffer all the same. Not one of my friends can run this game normally anymore (used to be able to, however). 

Our best hope is to put the game down and come back a few months later. 

mockingbird

Same here, it was very playable before the big quests update, now I am getting horribad fps.

It already happened before, so I'll just wait patiently for another hotfix.