sporre

Helmets...

Does it really matter to have a helmet anymore?... or any armor for that matter..

had an epic battle yesterday against a group of people on customs.. they had fort armor, i had fort armor, they had helmets.. i had a helmet.. they had m4's.. i had an m4... yeah u get it.

*suddenly a group of player scavs appear*

i kill two of them and i cripple one.. he hid behind a corner and i was just about to step forward and execute him. he is at the front of the bus station and im at the bunkhouses behind a fence.. remember.. i have a fort and a helmet..

he freaking one taps me as i peek.. with a pistol from that distance... AND through a FENCE....i can barely TOUCH someone with and AK through a fence... but he could with a  grach or whatever it's called.. i mean.. what in the world?? 

• Hot 1

The scav must've tapped you in the face, the Kiver hitboxes were updated so that if you get shot in the face, you die.

I tend to just run with just a PACA now because of the update, the Kiver only really works depending on the angle

Edited by BDRMrTBag

YEh that sucks dude - it actually does happen sometimes being 1 tapped through a helmet - I've had it happen and ive read here many others have experienced it on odd occasions.

playing with fort armor does you literally 0 good. im done with this game. until they fix the desync, the ai, the ducking stupid leg meta...im telling everyone i know not to buy it until they have figured their poo out. this is past ridiculous. beta my ass

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I get what you're all saying, but this game is built on realism. Helmets protect your head but don't cover your face, and their new hitbox does exactly that. If you get shot in the face with any gun, do you think you'll be alive? I think it's safe to assume no. And regarding the legs being a two tap, once again, if you're shot two times in the leg, you probably won't still be standing.

Now I do agree with the idea of leg armor, and maybe fort needs to be more common due to it only having a small advantage over paca.

However, armor in the game is as useful in this game as it is in real life, and I think that is what the devs were trying to get at. It's not designed to make you take 5 more shots before you die like the armor in other games such as counter strike, it's made to assist you to stay alive in certain situations. If you're using cover, you won't be shot in the legs. With the helmets, the back portion and the top part of your head is covered.

A lot of times, people automatically just try to shoot their target wherever is most convenient. Armor helps you not be one shotted to the chest. It greatly increases your chance of survival, and now that you can buy paca from level 1 peacekeeper and helmets from skier, they devs tried to balance out gameplay with realism.

Edited by epic-
grammar mistakes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, epic- said:

I get what you're all saying, but this game is built on realism. Helmets protect your head but don't cover your face, and their new hitbox does exactly that. If you get shot in the face with any gun, do you think you'll be alive? I think it's safe to assume no. And regarding the legs being a two tap, once again, if you're shot two times in the leg, you probably won't still be standing.

Now I do agree with the idea of leg armor, and maybe fort needs to be more common due to it only having a small advantage over paca.

However, armor in the game is as useful in this game as it is in real life, and I think that is what the devs were trying to get at. It's not designed to make you like the armor in other games like counter strike, it's made to assist you to stay alive in certain situations. If you're using cover, you won't be shot in the legs. With the helmets, the back portion and the top part of your head is covered.

A lot of times, people automatically just try to shoot their target wherever is most convenient. Armor helps you not be one shotted to the chest. It greatly increases your chance of survival, and now that you can buy paca from level 1 peacekeeper and helmets from skier, they devs tried to balance out gameplay with realism.

Very! well put mate

Do helmets improve survivability? Yes/No? -Yes. 

Does Armor, both PACA and Fort improve survivability? Yes/No? -Yes. 

Is it worth bringing armor? Sure looks like it from the answers above. 

You guys seem to forget fast. Defender and helmet was almost impenetrable a few patches ago. People were complaining, and the leg meta started. Now armor is weaker, Maybe more realistic, people are complaining.

The leg meta is gone, a high chest/headshot is a faster kill. I’ve won countless duels this patch because they shoot for legs, and I go for head. 

Yes, I leave the raid with black legs - but I’m alive.

Guys, helmets are not bullet proof in real life. Why would they be in game? Soft armor does not stop rifle rounds and AP rounds in real life, why would it in game? Only hard plates stop rifles, and those are limited in surface area.  Guess what? Everybody still uses it, because it improves your chances of survival. Improves, not guarantees.  Leg armor, stupidest thing I heard... you guys simply want to buy your way to immortality. 

And then you’d complain when you can’t get kills anymore, I bet. 

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7

I think it's fine the way it is now. Don't forget that this game is not meant to be like CS, COD or any other arcade BS.

The only thing I would like to add to this discussion is that the spawn chances of fort armors should be slightly increased since I still have not managed to find one for the Skier quest (50+ raids).

• Upvote 1

i have an idea for the thing with the realism in game we need one more slot for face or something like that the in "real life" i can wear a helmet and a scarf to or a face mask, or did they implement some attacments for helmets to? 

something like that 1440443343741

I would rather see better Looking helmets instead of the current Kiver. They look like helmets you use for training fights in a boxing match.

I think something like a light helmet to go with the Paca or how about a chest rig with steel plates. 

combat helmet.jpg

Of course helmets are still good. Next time you get shot in the back or side of the head, or even upper forehead you'll be glad you wore one.

I strongly suspect we will see helmets with face protection incoming though. Which won't be bulletproof either, just somewhat resistant

Edited by Braindead911

On 9/30/2017 at 9:52 PM, epic- said:

However, armor in the game is as useful in this game as it is in real life, and I think that is what the devs were trying to get at. It's not designed to make you take 5 more shots before you die like the armor in other games such as counter strike, it's made to assist you to stay alive in certain situations. If you're using cover, you won't be shot in the legs. With the helmets, the back portion and the top part of your head is covered.

In no way is being killed by being shot in the toe causing instant death realistic being shot in the arms or legs should not be lethal.

i like my toes i really do i just dont expect death when i stub them on a door way or when i step on a lego.

Theirs a reason armor only usually covers torso and head why people are trained for center mass. Shots in legs should equal knockdowns, movements cripple ,blood loss and shock not instant death.

6 hours ago, Braindead911 said:

Of course helmets are still good. Next time you get shot in the back or side of the head, or even upper forehead you'll be glad you wore one.

I strongly suspect we will see helmets with face protection incoming though. Which won't be bulletproof either, just somewhat resistant

i think a mask over the face besides the eyes would make this kinda thing less cheap