Offline points/exp

diamondm4

• 3 months later...

I agree.  I think having the ability to gain exp in offline mode would ruin the game.  I am a new player, and I hate getting killed by geared players, its the worst.  But I have also killed geared players by out smarting them, being patient and capitalizing on their mistakes.  This game is totally win-able at low levels and low gear.  You just have to be patient.  You also have SCAV mode to get lucky with some gear, but it also drives you to try and kill the geared players, because you have nothing to lose.  Its a great way to learn the game, and if you get lucky, you can even score some average items.  If you manage to kill a geared player, then you are set.  But if you die, you lose nothing.
If there were point in the offline mode, all the new players would just farm offline, and the online section of the game would have many less players. I think the game is fine just the way it is, with of course, more to come.

It would be just too easy to milk the XP cow. Very much the opposite of EFT's experience. We've all been on the receiving end of facepalmingly embarrassing deaths, shot to death outnumbered by a squad while alone, but when you dish it out, it feels so good! The feeling when you extract with your PMC and rack up 4k+ experience is ducking amazing. Would hate to cheapen victory by changing the motive of the game to smashing NPC's alone to grind levels.

• 5 months later...
On 9/29/2017 at 2:19 PM, Otstrel said:

This topic was discussed multiple times, and the answer is no. Offline mode was made for testing purposes only and will be gone from the game prior to release( or earlier).

This is a shame. It's really the only way I enjoy the game.

On 1/7/2018 at 12:28 PM, synergygamingtv said:

I agree.  I think having the ability to gain exp in offline mode would ruin the game.  I am a new player, and I hate getting killed by geared players, its the worst.  But I have also killed geared players by out smarting them, being patient and capitalizing on their mistakes.  This game is totally win-able at low levels and low gear.  You just have to be patient.

That's not really the issue. The issue is that the game is so hinky that the game kills me, other players simply benefit from it. Offline the game plays max settings smooth as silk.  Online I know I'm  about to die because there  was a stutter in the matrix, then I get three frozen frames and I'm dead. There should at least be a 'training' mode.

I'm a new player, very interested in the concept of the game, but also one who has only limited time for gaming every day.

As such, getting good at the game is going to be a bit of a frustrating process for me.

So far, the offline mode has proven useful to learning the map, learning how the weapons handle, getting basic combat experience fighting scavs, etc.

I would definitely recommend considering keeping the offline mode in some form or another for practice.

Perhaps consider adding a Solo mode that would function like Offline mode, but could be used for practice runs and early leveling (up to lvl 5 or 10) and with limited loot selection (basic loot, weapons and mods, e.g. selection available from lvl.1 traders). That way you could limit exploiting and give players a more enjoyable entry and bounce back.

Video games and realism is such a funny and impossible concept. Especially EFT. They are stepping on nails making in PVE only for full release... reason why? ALL GAMES eventually die that are online only.. I get it... make your profits and go, but why not make a stand-alone version of the game that is offline that has nothing to do with your main game as of now.

ive been playing since November 2017 and at this point, I’ve grinded to get what I needed, been thru a lot of BS trying to get his game to even function but I would 1000000x more enjoy this game in offline mode now that I have most of the unlocks. This latest update ruined a lot for me. I’m truly hope this game is becomes enjoyable because “realism” is so far out the window right now. 

It just baffles me thay they they refuse to allow you to play solo upon full release... even if it’s a standalone. That would only make the game more profitable. 

7 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Yes!

Where is the source? I started a thread on this topic about the same thing and was dang near beheaded by the community about it. Have they confirmed? They told me that there will never be an offline mode upon release or a single player mode 

28 minutes ago, chavonc95 said:

Where is the source? I started a thread on this topic about the same thing and was dang near beheaded by the community about it. Have they confirmed? They told me that there will never be an offline mode upon release or a single player mode 

It was actually posted a few posts above you, PVE has been talked about, it will be possible to do it with a friend, but just like how it is now, no progress or loot will be saved.

Spoiler

sketch-1529535759132.png

57 minutes ago, chavonc95 said:

I am your source. And check the screenshot linked by others who replied to you here for the details on it. It's not how you are seeing it as a single player mode.

• Sad 1

Personally, I would enjoy the idea of having separate profiles for online or offline play as BigBacon mentioned. This would give the folks who just want to hunt AI, learn the game, or those going without internet for a time a means to still play the game while progressing their offline PMC character. Then your online profile's PMC would be totally independent of all the progress, items, reputation or quests your offline account made, and vice versa.

• Like 1

1. add slider for spawning bots ammount

2. if counter of hardness will be above limitations so factory with 15-25 bots at start u will earn some ext and maybe some items after raid or so that could be nice idea

now if u wanna jump in offline factory u will get 1 bot against you

• 3 years later...

They could easily add, as a few other online only games have, the ability to have a progress offline mode where once that character is created offline, that character CAN NEVER be added to the online portion, or once youve moved an online character to offline mode, that character CAN NEVER be put back online. Obviously its not hard to do. This doesnt "ruin" the game for the hardcore, or the casual player. Its a win win for the gamers, hardcore get what they want, you get more sales from the casual gamers because it wouldnt be as brutal, which would help more on the money side of things which could be used to update game more often. Having 2 seperate modes, not intertwined AT ALL, can not hurt the hardcore experience what so ever.