skullhead51

Area to test most/all weapon modifications for free

skullhead51

Since the weapon customization is such an important feature of the game, I think it is important to allow some ability to test all kinds of weapon modifications without needing to loot them somewhere.  Otherwise you would need to find all the parts (some could be really rare) and then test it in a environment where you could potentially die and lose your gun.

This could be a solo (or group with friends) shooting range that has most or all of the weapons and weapon parts you can pick up and test.  You enter with an empty character so nothing can be brought in or taken out of the area.  If being able to test all the modifications is too much, then some form of progression can be added where at least guns/parts you have encountered and some that you have never seen (rotated every day) can be tried.

Edited by skullhead51
  • Upvote 8

Avexum

I like this idea

Dragonslayer6160

Gr8 idea!

And to expand on this, how about a virtual arsenal just like the one in Arma 3, where you can customize both your weapon and your character?

Better yet, let's make it so that after pimping our setups, we can save it as it is-a 3d character model that you can view whenever you want. And when you click on the different parts, you can see the corresponding weapon, parts, or gears used. Also, now that we have a list, it would be a lot easier when looting because you already know what you're looking for.

And after all this, we take our gear out for a test run in the firing range. Maybe set up some courses of fire and also simple target shooting on various ranges. Through testing we can figure out what kinds of setup fits individual play styles the best, and adjust accordingly.

Whaddya think, guys? 

• Upvote 1

skullhead51
36 minutes ago, Dragonslayer6160 said:

Gr8 idea!

And to expand on this, how about a virtual arsenal just like the one in Arma 3, where you can customize both your weapon and your character?

Better yet, let's make it so that after pimping our setups, we can save it as it is-a 3d character model that you can view whenever you want. And when you click on the different parts, you can see the corresponding weapon, parts, or gears used. Also, now that we have a list, it would be a lot easier when looting because you already know what you're looking for.

And after all this, we take our gear out for a test run in the firing range. Maybe set up some courses of fire and also simple target shooting on various ranges. Through testing we can figure out what kinds of setup fits individual play styles the best, and adjust accordingly.

Whaddya think, guys? 

I don't know how easy or hard it would be to implement something like this since they would need to implement a new UI to display the 3D model and different parts on it when you select them.  I guess it could work like the weapon modification UI but for a character model and it would display the selected item description.

I think my original idea would be much easier to implement just because it only requires a room with targets and tables with every lootable weapon/part.  We already know it is possible for them to set up the same loot instead of always randomizing the location/type of loot based on the alpha stream.  Also they already have the scav system where people are put into a match with a different setup, so there is a system to make people enter under a different character (in this case, a character with nothing on).  Exiting the area can be as simple as being considered a death since you would lose all loot.  They could probably slap this area together within a few days.

The only problem would be if skills would still gain experience in the area and if there is an easy way to deactivate that.  But they could make it so you can also use the firing range for training to get skills up by repetition.  Edit: wait I would assume playing as a scav doesn't contribute to your skills so maybe it is possible.  Also wish I could edit my original post long after posting. lol

Edited by skullhead51

StahlHund

They have said they plan on adding a firing range(actually it might be a possibly but I think they have said stuff about it more than once.) but they haven't said anything about having all the parts. Personally I wouldn't want the ability to use nearly every weapon or part, it seems like it would take the fun out of finding a new gun or part. I would like to keep it to stuff you can bring from your stash, and maybe loaning parts from traders before you buy them.

I do want a firing range though and I hope they add one, like I said in the fortifying buildings thread I would like to see something like the firing range in Warface kind of like a firing range/paramilitary living space. I would also like to see larger clan based versions.

Edited by StahlHund

skullhead51
1 hour ago, StahlHund said:

They have said they plan on adding a firing range(actually it might be a possibly but I think they have said stuff about it more than once.) but they haven't said anything about having all the parts. Personally I wouldn't want the ability to use nearly every weapon or part, it seems like it would take the fun out of finding a new gun or part. I would like to keep it to stuff you can bring from your stash, and maybe loaning parts from traders before you buy them.

I do want a firing range though and I hope they add one, like I said in the fortifying buildings thread I would like to see something like the firing range in Warface kind of like a firing range/paramilitary living space. I would also like to see larger clan based versions.

Like I said, at a minimum it should include guns or parts you have already discovered and possibly new ones in rotation (maybe trial guns/parts from traders).  When you lose everything from dying and have limited storage space, it is unrealistic to be able to try even a fraction of the customization combinations or your "dream gun" before you lose/sell the parts.  Especially when they say there will be nearly 200 guns.

Edited by skullhead51

Cior

i would say that you pay a little bit of in game currency to get trial parts. (not a lot- 5-50 ruble). but if you put them on guns you currently are using. it will revert to the previous setup. so you can pay to try out parts that you are having trouble finding (holo sight, see if it suits you by trialing it.)

That's my thoughts.

StahlHund
18 minutes ago, skullhead51 said:

Like I said, at a minimum it should include guns or parts you have already discovered and possibly new ones in rotation (maybe trial guns/parts from traders).  When you lose everything from dying and have limited storage space, it is unrealistic to be able to try even a fraction of the customization combinations or your "dream gun" before you lose/sell the parts.  Especially when they say there will be nearly 200 guns.

Yeah a progression system wouldn't be to bad but I think I would prefer something to do with traders and paying to lease parts like Cior added. On the price for leasing I think it should be based off a percentage of the price of the item. But that can also tie into a progression since there will be trader reputation, so you could only lease whatever parts or weapons you can buy at the moment from the traders you have a good reputation with and use them on the range.

Cior

I could see the point there

so if a holo sight costed 500 rubles and a portion of that (example-15%) would mean that the trader would loan that part for the range for 75 rubles (if my math is right :P)

Kovacs

+1

8 hours ago, Dragonslayer6160 said:

8 hours ago, skullhead51 said:

I don't know how easy or hard it would be to implement something like this since they would need to implement a new UI to display the 3D model and different parts on it when you select them.  I guess it could work like the weapon modification UI but for a character model and it would display the selected item description.

They already have something like a virtual arena. Look at the Developer's diary #1, timecode 05:45.

Edited by Kovacs

sYs
10 hours ago, skullhead51 said:

Since the weapon customization is such an important feature of the game, I think it is important to allow some ability to test all kinds of weapon modifications without needing to loot them somewhere.  Otherwise you would need to find all the parts (some could be really rare) and then test it in a environment where you could potentially die and lose your gun.

This could be a solo (or group with friends) shooting range that has most or all of the weapons and weapon parts you can pick up and test.  You enter with an empty character so nothing can be brought in or taken out of the area.  If being able to test all the modifications is too much, then some form of progression can be added where at least guns/parts you have encountered and some that you have never seen (rotated every day) can be tried.

+1 IF you can take into to it only what you have (: 

StahlHund
8 hours ago, Cior said:

I could see the point there

so if a holo sight costed 500 rubles and a portion of that (example-15%) would mean that the trader would loan that part for the range for 75 rubles (if my math is right :P)

Yeah that's what I was thinking about.

Also more on what I mentioned earlier, I got the name wrong and I was thinking of the Safehouse from Warface. It's an interesting little area that has a number of interesting little things, including a working firing range with moving targets and a obstacle course. I think it could be a nice addition to have a similar space for EFT.

I was also thinking a clan version would be cool to, so you could practice strategies together and plan out raids. I was also thinking it would be beneficial to clans if they had something similar to the war map in ARK, where the Clan Safehouse would have a large map of an area you could draw on and plan out routes. I was thinking they could make it customizable like the garage in AC5, so you would have to buy the large maps(so you don't get free maps of areas to look at) and you could perhaps customize the firing range.

Edited by StahlHund

killer112998
On 5/26/2016 at 11:10 PM, Dragonslayer6160 said:

Gr8 idea!

Whaddya think, guys? 

That is a great idea, i would also like to expand on your idea. Maybe we could set up an "appearance" loadout for our characters so we could make our own custom variants of our gear. lets say, a tan baseball cap, take it and add on your countries flag or add a clip to the brim or even add camouflage to it. This would be pretty cool. Im all about customization

ivantherussian

+1 to this, but not for free tho, only for people who backed the game.

Wicker

Why ? Where is the problem . Is a simply "firing range"

Europoor
56 minutes ago, ivantherussian said:

Don't divide the community please. Everything has to be achievable for non-EOD users too.

Zoraxon

I would use this, and promote the idea of it, but isnt the "Arcade" mode mentioned somehwere

(Here^) that would allow that basic idea, but with other people.

Dragonslayer6160
5 hours ago, Killer11299i said:

Im all about customization

Haha, same here, bro.

I like your idea of customizing the gear itself. I would love to be able decide what pouches I want on my plate carrier and where I want it, what kind of belts I would use on my character (Ronin tactic SENSHI belt is my favorite) or how my pistol holster is set up, e.g. on my belt or with about an inch drop from my belt, like the Safariland ALS holster system, which I really dig.

Devs have confirmed that camo will be there when I was raised that question. How exactly it is implemented we do not yet know.

Anyway, I don't see why this would be a pay-to-have feature. That wasn't what I had in mind when I put forward the idea.:) It should simply be a part of the game.

Angel_Eyes
6 hours ago, ivantherussian said:

lol

ivantherussian
7 hours ago, Europoor said:

Don't divide the community please. Everything has to be achievable for non-EOD users too.

Only for people who backed the game, that includes me (standard edition) all the way up to EOD edition. 

skullhead51
On 2016-06-24 at 10:36 PM, ivantherussian said:

Only for people who backed the game, that includes me (standard edition) all the way up to EOD edition. 

Everyone has to buy the game anyway though.  The current stuff is only pre-order and splitting pre-order people from others isn't a good idea.

Natalino
2 hours ago, skullhead51 said:

Everyone has to buy the game anyway though.  The current stuff is only pre-order and splitting pre-order people from others isn't a good idea.

Agreed! and it doesn't make sense in the long run as well. Anyone should get the chance to play the game fully as the other guy. I hate having any advantages through outside factors like, by paying more, pre-ordering, etc. This is one of the reasons I like how BSG is taking EFT.

Erebus_1

A firing range would be really nice. Personally I like the "virtual arsenal" concept, however maybe one should have to find an item or weapon before it is available in it? or is that stupid?

• Upvote 1

ivantherussian

i bet that this is not going to be a thing untill after realease.