kirbby

Helmets kinda pointless at the moment

kirbby

I got 1 tapped through Paca/Fort and Helmet yesterday 3 or 4 rounds in a row. Then i decided to do a quick test with a friend.

We went factory with a helmet and different weapons.

First of all it makes no difference when someone wears a helmet if you shoot him in the face or on the helmet, always does the same damage.

Second a TT with the LNPRC ammo 1 Tapped through the helmet

Third an AKN with the PS ammo (silenced) across the room behind Forklifts, 1 Tapped through the helmet.

So what is the point of the helmets right now, other than helping if someone buys the cheapest ammo maybe? And then he probably needs only 2 shots in the head to kill you.

Theres like no difference at the moment between helmet and no helmet, kinda feels like the superman hat.

What do you guys think?

Edited by kirbby
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Turvo

Shrapnells or shotgun bb's i guess.

2 minutes ago, kirbby said:

what does it help against then? only makarov?

Nokami93
vor 7 Minuten schrieb kirbby:

what does it help against then? only makarov?

It's mostly used for lower calibres BUT u can never get rid of the kinetic energy even with Kevlar variants. So basicly u are in most (basicly any depending on from where the shot come, calibre etc) cases fucked even by most low calibres out there, since you will get your "head" broken from the energy. So yes it's there to protect you against all kinds of things (shrapnells etc), even a minimal chance to survive a direct hit

Edit: English is not my primary language.

Edited by Nokami93
  • Like 1

kirbby

Well it doesn't help against shotguns either since i get 1shot by shotgun scavs.

I just feel the helmet isn't even remotely worth the 27k roubles if it barely protects me from the worst weapons out there. the paca and fort at least hold off a bit and you got more life on your chest. And why put the helmet in the game if it doesn't protect you from 95% of the things getting thrown at you.

so atm i'd rather sell helmets to skier for a few roubles and buy weapons to do more runs cause i have 0 additional protection with a helmet (not 0 but you get my point)

Edited by kirbby

FenrirInu

Those helmets are not meant to stop a bullet, rather lessening the impact of shrapnel and various objects (rocks etc.)

During ww2 it was used solely to display the wearer's rank, affiliation. Didn't have any stopping power at all, but was more visible than rank marks on chest or shoulder.

Also helps with sound protection and in case of tripping with heavy equipment defending the head from concussion, defending the head from accidental bumps when in vehicle or inside buildings etc.

Edited by FenrirInu

PIK

jepp that more realistic the game gets, that more useless bodyarmor will get =D

the helmets are good against shotgun pellets over longer range or all ammo with low penetration value, so its

not worthless at all, but like in reallife you better not get shot =)

• Like 1

kirbby

So we conclude the helmet is only cosmetics at this point. Expensive cosmetics.

• Upvote 1

PIK

ahm no,

it does the same like in real life, it isnt cosmetic, but it cant protect you against an prejectile that is designed to penetrate even such helmets

you sound a little angry about, but thats how these stuff works in reallife and personally i like that the devs keep it realistic, because otherwise i could play pupg where they did it non realistic to give people a second chance after getting shot in the head....

Kmieciu
31 minutes ago, kirbby said:

I just feel the helmet isn't even remotely worth the 27k roubles

When you're using a 200K gun, 55K vest and 32K backpack, the 27K helmet is not that expensive.

Kill one fully geared player, sell his M4 for 150K, you've got enough cash for 5 helmets.

Besides, there is a damage drop especially with pistol rounds. At longer ranges the helmet might actually be the difference between life&death.

• Upvote 2

kirbby

it never happened that a helmet stopped anything since like 1 or 2 hotfixes ago and before that it did.

just would be good if they put game changing stuff like that in the patch notes.

and i would still say if they make it so realistic it's only cosmetic and that's not angry, that's just how it is right now.

I also like what they did to the bots in those hotfixes, they are really good right now, sometimes they kill you but if you approach them right you can outplay them. i love the game aswell and the realistic part is cool, i'm just not sure if you need some parts that are not that realistic for the sake of gameplay.

1 minute ago, Kmieciu said:

When you're using a 200K gun, 55K vest and 32K backpack, the 27K helmet is not that expensive.

Kill one fully geared player, sell his M4 for 150K, you've got enough cash for 5 helmets.

Besides, there is a damage drop especially with pistol rounds. At longer ranges the helmet might actually be the difference between life&death.

Well im more like using 25k guns, 16k vests and 4k backpack and then the helm is 1/3 my budget.

i could test it with makarov today if u want, but i don't think there will be a whole lot of stuff that stops a 1shot at this point.

And does the range change the damage of the round? or how would it make a difference at long range?

PIK

btw, the kiver is an level 2 military standard helmet, so not even one of the good ones =)

FenrirInu

Well, i do CIT ( Cash-in-Transit) IRL, and i wear soft Kevlar vests on daily basis. It does jack poo against any caliber higher than .22.

It might stop the bullet but without plate to block the kinetic energy your ribs will be broken and internal damage will do you in. Please do not compare this game to pubg where the level 3 helmet can stop 7.62 without concussion etc...

Modern combat helmets are not used for protection, any caliber can penetrate it from distances. US army used the helmets in Iraq for mounting devices such as cameras,NVG, IR strobes etc. Wasn't designed to block 7.62 AKM bullets or RPG fragments

kirbby

4 minutes ago, FenrirInu said:

It might stop the bullet but without plate to block the kinetic energy your ribs will be broken and internal damage will do you in. Please do not compare this game to pubg where the level 3 helmet can stop 7.62 without concussion etc...

Modern combat helmets are not used for protection, any caliber can penetrate it from distances. US army used the helmets in Iraq for mounting devices such as cameras,NVG, IR strobes etc. Wasn't designed to block 7.62 AKM bullets or RPG fragments

i never played PUBG so i have no clue what you are talking about i don't play any other shooter games so i'm not comparing this to anything. i'm comparing it to itself a few weeks ago. And the paca and fort hold some damage, so those are fine. you act like i said why am i not invincible wearing a helmet and a paca. i did not. i asked why i get 1 shot in the head by 95% of the weapons, or if so what use the helmet has at this point.

FenrirInu
7 minutes ago, kirbby said:

i never played PUBG so i have no clue what you are talking about i don't play any other shooter games so i'm not comparing this to anything. i'm comparing it to itself a few weeks ago. And the paca and fort hold some damage, so those are fine. you act like i said why am i not invincible wearing a helmet and a paca. i did not. i asked why i get 1 shot in the head by 95% of the weapons, or if so what use the helmet has at this point.

Being the only helmet in the game, it won't save your life against gunfire. Maybe later on with plated and stuffed helmets you will be able to survive more than 1 shot.

Currently the helmets are cheap, so use it. Its only 27k. You can farm way too fast now with all the scavs having AK-74U lying around.

Kmieciu
2 minutes ago, FenrirInu said:

Well, i do CIT ( Cash-in-Transit) IRL, and i wear soft Kevlar vests on daily basis. It does jack poo against any caliber higher than .22.

What level of protection do you use? And how do you even know it's Kevlar? Kevlar is not the only bullet-resistant fiber, you know.

The one I know of are Vectran, Twaron, Dyneema and Spectra to name a few.

IIIA soft body armor should stop most handgun rounds. 9mm .40 .357 magnum .357 SIG, .44 magnum.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/223054.pdf

In real life, Level II body armor should stop 9mm FMJ. Sadly, that is not the case in EFT.

Saudi
10 minutes ago, kirbby said:

Well ... before the helmet got fixed ,  when you shoot someone in the face the helmet will take the damage :P So it act's like if it covers all the head + face , ..

i say it's realistic now ... and waaay better then before.

FenrirInu
Just now, Kmieciu said:

What level of protection do you use? And how do you even know it's Kevlar? Kevlar is not the only bullet-resistant fiber, you know.

The one I know of are Vectran, Twaron, Dyneema and Spectra to name a few.

IIIA soft body armor should stop most handgun rounds. 9mm .40 .357 magnum .357 SIG, .44 magnum.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/223054.pdf

In real life, Level II body armor should stop 9mm FMJ. Sadly, that is not the case in EFT.

Should be Kevlar. its super slim these vests are meant to be worn under a shirt, mainly focusing on stab protection rather than firearm.

Do note that i don't live in the US and in EU gun laws (specially here) are super strict so its only a pre-caution. My sidearm also a 9mm Parabellum handgun only, only for the show.

kirbby
23 minutes ago, Saudi said:

Well ... before the helmet got fixed ,  when you shoot someone in the face the helmet will take the damage :P So it act's like if it covers all the head + face , ..

i say it's realistic now ... and waaay better then before.

sad to disappoint you, the helmet still covers the whole head, i just tested it yesterday. exactly the same damage when shot in the face or back of the head/helmet.

Kmieciu
2 minutes ago, kirbby said:

sad to disappoint you, the helmet still covers the whole head, i just tested it yesterday. exactly the same damage when shot in the face or back of the head/helmet.

You're telling me you shot someone in the face and he lived?

kirbby

2 minutes ago, Kmieciu said:

You're telling me you shot someone in the face and he lived?

i shot him in the face while wearing helmet and he died.

i shot him in the back of the head/helmet while wearing a helmet he died.

both stats showed the same damage on the helmet and same damage inflicted by the killer.

NO DIFFERENCE and both times the PMC was dropdead. I already explained that in the initial post.

Same test with AKN PS ammo silenced + TT LNPRC ammo not silenced. Obviously damage values were different for TT and AK but the same for face shot and back head shot for the same gun. just to be clear. Distance was across the room on factory through the red door behind forklift spawn.

No animals were harmed during those tests.

• Like 1

Kmieciu
34 minutes ago, FenrirInu said:

Should be Kevlar. its super slim these vests are meant to be worn under a shirt, mainly focusing on stab protection rather than firearm.

Do note that i don't live in the US and in EU gun laws (specially here) are super strict so its only a pre-caution. My sidearm also a 9mm Parabellum handgun only, only for the show.

Kevlar is not stab resistant LOL. And the thickness of the vest does not indicate it's protection level. IIIA can be as thin as 7 mm.

You'd better educate yourself on the type of body armor you're using. Use google. It might just save your life.

And what do you mean your gun is just for show? You don't carry it loaded? You don't know how to shoot it?

Edited by Kmieciu

FenrirInu
Just now, Kmieciu said:

Kevlar is not stab resistant LOL.

You'd better educate yourself on the type of body armor you're using. Use google. It might just save your life.

And what do you mean your gun is just for show? You don't carry it loaded? You don't know how to shoot it?

What are you talking about? 

http://www.dupont.co.uk/products-and-services/fabrics-fibers-nonwovens/fibers/brands/kevlar/products/kevlar-as-anti-stab-solutions-multi-threat-protection.html

Obviously you're not from EU, i can carry it loaded but there are so many laws and restrictions in place that it renders it unusable.

CallsignWulf
13 minutes ago, FenrirInu said:

What are you talking about? 

http://www.dupont.co.uk/products-and-services/fabrics-fibers-nonwovens/fibers/brands/kevlar/products/kevlar-as-anti-stab-solutions-multi-threat-protection.html

Obviously you're not from EU, i can carry it loaded but there are so many laws and restrictions in place that it renders it unusable.

If you read on the page you linked yourself, that is coated kevlar. Kevlar itself is not stab resistant. If it were, all the prison guards that have been stabbed or died while wearing kevlar, simply wouldn't have.

That page states it's Kevlar AS, for anti stab. Also says it has a propietary dupont coating on it.

I have 5.11 Kevlar gloves and they are not stab proof. They are slash resistant though, as normal kevlar is.

Edited by CallsignWulf

FenrirInu
1 minute ago, CallsignWulf said:

If you read on the page you linked yourself, that is coated kevlar. Kevlar itself is not stab resistant. If it were, all the prison guards that have been stabbed or died while wearing kevlar, simply wouldn't have.

That page states it's Kevlar AS, for anti stab. Also says it has a propietary dupont coating on it.

Yeah, i didn't knew the full name of the product. Might have mixed up something. Anyway we're way off-topic now.