warmonger3452

Add a very basic crafting system(mostly for gun accessories and impromptu a armor)

warmonger3452

I think we should implement a crafting system in the game, only for a limited amount of items though, so  gun accessories(Sights,Grips,ETC, and very basic armor) a example of basic armor would be like a heater plate armor(western showdown in back to the future), you would need 2 heater plates any kind of rope but different kinds of rope influence weight by a small margin. or a sight would be a small pipe, metal scrap,a screw, and wire. I will have some concept art below of both the armor and sight after i restart my computer cause my tablet drive isn't responding. also all these self-made items have a way higher weight than the military grade items, especially the armor, since you have two large hunks of metal on your body.

• Sad 1

alex8xela

Yeah sure why not.

At least SCAVS should be spawning with stuff like this rather than fort and kiver

FLP

I believe you will see something like that when the hideout is 100% ready.  I do not know for guns or sights, but maybe for ammunition and other supplies.

Jagged

Item barter and crafting are conflicting design goals, they both fill the same function in a game.

Edited by Jagged
  • Upvote 1

Cyric

I think crafting items is something to be avoided completely in this game. I mean CRAFTING is mostly unrealistic for the setting. Otherwise why don't we come up with frying pans as improvised melee? Or rebars? I mean, for punk-style post-apocalypse it might be worthwhile, seeing armor out of pans in EFT is outright silly IMO. 

Jagged
3 hours ago, Cyric said:

I think crafting items is something to be avoided completely in this game. I mean CRAFTING is mostly unrealistic for the setting. Otherwise why don't we come up with frying pans as improvised melee? Or rebars? I mean, for punk-style post-apocalypse it might be worthwhile, seeing armor out of pans in EFT is outright silly IMO. 

Crafting doesn't fit from a design point of view but I wouldn't say that it;s unrealistic. There's definitely room for improvised silencers and similar low effort low knowledge improvised items to loot off dead scavs, not to craft, it would fit well with scav lore IMO. Improvised armor is pushing it though.

Cyric
2 минуты назад, Jagged сказал:

Crafting doesn't fit from a design point of view but I wouldn't say that it;s unrealistic. There's definitely room for improvised silencers and similar low effort low knowledge improvised items to loot off dead scavs, not to craft, it would fit well with scav lore IMO. Improvised armor is pushing it though.

Yeah, what I'm trying to say is, the setting isn't meant for SCAVs to look like these guys: 

madmax302.jpg

Edited by Cyric
  • Upvote 1

AccelEvo

im all for crafting. I Would love to be able to make pipe bombs and molovovs

LordVIP3R

Yeah I've always though that the idea of crummy weapons, held together by like tape and bolts and scrap metal would be pretty cool. Give a bit of a mad max feel or wasteland vibe, especially to the scavs.

Imagine just getting a shard of sharp metal and taping it to a gun barrel like a crappy bayonet, stab someone and it gives them tetanus infection 

But yeah... as awesome as that is I know it ISN'T the game's direction... but at least... silencers made from oil filters and such like that :P guns made from more duct tape than gun :3

Edited by LordVIP3R

Djent_

Homemade armour is pretty doable, but it's also pretty risky, and with paca being so common it seems kind of pointless.

Plata-O-Plomo93

crafting of medical ítems ? im agree( splints and bandages like on Day Z) but accesories of weapons and armors is an idea too posttapocaliptical fallout-mad max style for this game, the population of tarkov are Profesional PMCs and Civilians of a modern city not  the wasteland population

Edited by Plata-O-Plomo93

Asgeir1066

Dont like it, the game is ultra-realistic when it comes to, well pretty much everything. A gun made of random metal shards and tape? No, its not going to work. 

Building a gun demands extreme precision, otherwise its not gonna work or its exploding in your hands. This is not Rust or Ark: evolution evolved.

And frying pans or sheet metal dont block bullets. Ever.

Allthough pipe bombs, molotovs and other IEDs, or perhaps finding parts for a rare weapon to build together sounds interesting imo...

Edited by Asgeir1066
  • Like 1

Mempamal
9 minutes ago, Asgeir1066 said:

Dont like it, the game is ultra-realistic when it comes to, well pretty much everything. A gun made of random metal shards and tape? No, its not going to work. 

Building a gun demands extreme precision, otherwise its not gonna work or its exploding in your hands. This is not Rust or Ark: evolution evolved.

And frying pans or sheet metal dont block bullets. Ever.

Allthough pipe bombs, molotovs and other IEDs, or perhaps finding parts for a rare weapon to build together sounds interesting imo...

I cant answer I speak English as a cow Spanish...

but I understand and i agree with you. +1000

Edited by Mempamal

DrakeVanders

As far I know the basis of the Crafting System will mostly be inside the Hideout and won't be available during a raid. Svav's will likely have an abundance of home-made, improvised or jury rigged items on their person when killed but I'm sure the player can rig up their own equipment during downtime in a hideout.

I'd imagine much of the crafting is split into three parts, Hideout Upgrades. Equipment & Weapon Crafting and Ammunition Crafting.

The Hideout upgrade is likely to incorporate some kind of improvised means at survival to make your stay inside your hideout more comforting over the long term. These could range from upgrading the hideout to collect rainwater over time, crude improvised animal traps to collect fresh food while your offline or even down to basic creature comforts upgrading your kitchen or storage areas.

Equipment & Weapon crafting is likely to be a little more complex likely involving crafting improvised equipment from junk materials. The equipment could range from Improvised Gas Masks to Improvised Body Armor (such as a steel plate sewn into the backing of a jacket for example) and ranging from home-made bandages and medical kits. Weapon crafting in this tier wouldn't be firearms I don't think and would likely be limited to traps and explosives, the explosives ranging from smoke bombs, Molotov Cocktails and Pipe Bombs but the more powerful explosives like Pipebombs warrant an element of risk in their craft possibly leading to a premature detonation and death inside your hideout.

Finally there's ammunition craft, which I believe will be the core focus of "Crafting" in general. Players could potentially buy surplus stocks of bullet casings, primers and various bullet tips to make their own ammunition. This could allow people to make their own ammo at the cost of more wear and tear on their firearms (and possibly even breaking one if they make a round TOO powerful).

Forien

It would be kinda cool for ammunition. If you find gunpowder in raid (already in the game), and gather some used casings, all you need is to buy primers and bullets, which should be cheaper. Watch this ;) 

If you want entire process, here is the rest:

Spoiler

Alternatively here:

Spoiler

Edited by Forien