Please consider reducing AI difficulty.

MonoZeus

I just bought the game. I've been playing Offline mode with PvE enable for 4-5 hours now, trying to practice for PvP. I'm continuously being killed by god-like bots. 

I am NOT having fun.

Please consider reducing AI difficulty.

Thank you.

Edited by MonoZeus

I like the fact that the game is hardcore but I will agree with both of you that it is stupid to get pierced with 1 bullet through your helmet or fort armor for that matter. 

IMHO the ai scavs are almost too easy at times. 

The only thing that makes them super hard is that they see through trees and shrubs. Oh, and can seemingly see in the dark.

I haven't be 1-shot by a ai scav whilst wearing kiver and fort yet so can't comment on that

I'm a brand new player, and I pre-ordered the cheapest package. I do not have access to armour and helmet yet. And from what people here are saying, it wouldn't matter anyways. They still get 1-shot.

AI seeing through trees and bushes, having built-in night vision, AIMBOT accuracy locking on to a single pixel and tracking you through walls! Did I miss something?

Please consider fixing this.

• Like 1

While I hate being "that guy" that says "get good" that's honestly it. After playing for probably 60+ hours (over 3 months) I can tell you that where the AI is at now is really fair and balance in the big picture. You have to remember that this is not CoD and you can't move guns blazing without checking corners/peeking and doing other "tactical" maneuvers.

If in doubt just remember that slow and steady wins the race, or for us military folks, slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

offline bots are harder then the normal onces, keep that in mind while practicing offlinemode....

and personally i can say the bots are easy - medium atm in my feeling, they kill you instant if they get you in the wrong

moment, but if they dont surprise you, or you accidently run into them, they are easy to handle over range

it depends on the scavs though. once you get to know their behavior they're kinda easy to kill.

but then again, those aimbot shottie scavs that headshot you from a mile away

Frankly, the scavs aren't even that hard right now, I've felt like they've been on easy mode for over a month now. They're pretty much only one step above weapon and equipment farms right now.

I feel like they are at total randomness. Its not fun to have crossed an entire map, sneaking like solid snake. Getting pretty good gear and tries to slowly make it to the exit.. for about 25 min. Then suddenly.. the HeatoN AI spawns in and snipes you with a buckshot at 100 meters.. i mean cmon. That made me quit. Thats just aint fun.. i dont care what arguments you make about "realism" and what not. You cant snipe with buckshot straight in the head with a helmet at 150 meters.. no way. They are just too laughable and aint making the game any better.

AI on offline mode act very differently compared to the bots online.

I haven't played offline in awhile but from what I gathered before the AI seemed to react a lot faster offline vs online.

They also may not utilize the newer tactics that bots use online (With ambushing, position changes, etc)

@Drakkaar yeah can confirm this.

i like the bots how they act and aim now online.

You can now sneak up on them and they must have LOS on you or hear you shooting to engage you and i can believe them that they are no special force military type scavs ;). And when you make mistakes or they get you by suprise youre dead, like how they react in this patch.

Mayby they could get some upgrades in tactics, flanking supressing and such things. 

13 hours ago, SpeedyGonzales said:

You can now sneak up on them and they must have LOS on you or hear you shooting to engage you and i can believe them that they are no special force military type scavs ;). And when you make mistakes or they get you by suprise youre dead, like how they react in this patch.

Mayby they could get some upgrades in tactics, flanking supressing and such things. 

Yes, I definitely think AI are in a Very good place right now.

Obviously over time they'll be tweaked but they are a lot more enjoyable to engage now; I definitely like that they don't just instantly target you because you've fired.. 

I had it happen twice in one raid where I got the drop on a group of scavs, less than 25m from me. I shot a burst into a group of 3 and dropped 2, the third guy ran away, he came back with a buddy who I also dropped from a headshot and he retreated again.. 

Attacking from different positions is vital as well, as they AI may return to the last spot you engaged them, but if you move you can catch them off guard.

Their tactics are most certainly being tweaked, what we have now is a basic version of their tactics.. It was shown this *Dev Diary, before we got the improved AI, and I'm sure they'll get even better. 

*Where I marked in this video also shows early footage of using a ladder, although it's only shown in the engine and not actual gameplay, I forgot that they had shown it :)

• Thanks 1

scavs seem too easy right now, besides the fact that their sharpshooters and will put 2 bullets in ya head with ease. but they still seem kinda dumb, i see ppl just running thru customs killing everything and extracting in like 15 minuites. which in my opinion is way too fast to be able to go thru a raid.

On 10/9/2017 at 2:37 AM, SpeedyGonzales said:

The problem I have is that NOBODY should be able to take out a fully geared player in 2 shots with a 12 gauge from 100-200m away.  That's an absolute joke.  Anyone who hasn't had experience with these firearms shouldn't put their opinion in lol.  I've been shot at from 200m away, a Mossy 500 to be exact, when I was jogging at night.  The land owner thought I was a ducking burglar.  It hurt like a cutie and 2 pellets penetrated skin but it did NOT put me down, make me limp at .000001 mph etc.  In fact, I took off faster than a Kenyan when it happened.  Only armor I had on was a Chinese made thin sweat suit.  Just saying. 

Edited by pknugrec

@pknugrec never happens to me since the last patch and never happend to me in real life and never will hopefully.

When you get hits from the ai with a shoty you even not get bleeding status over 40-60m so dont know what game your a playing or do you speak of the older version ?

And in Tarkov i have really rarley have fire fights with the ai over 100m and up to 200 never happend to me except the sniper scav and this guy has no shoty.

And Ai kills me sometimes with the shoty on woods but i get multiple hit from bushes over max 70m and what a friend with a knowledge about shotys told me thats possible for sure.

I only shoot rifles and pistols in RL never fired a shoty so dont know.

Mayby EU servers and US servers are differnt what comes up to ai settings but that would be weird.

Edited by SpeedyGonzales

Hi MonoZeus and welcome to Tarkov,

Having recently done a lot of testing offline I can say that the scavs offline seem to be more difficult in that they sometimes ignore armour.  I was one shot many times by shotgun and pistol and I had Fort and Kiver.

The AI is difficult to balance because some experienced players find them too easy whilst some new players find them impossible

In some was online is easier, especially on Factory.  Whilst we now have other players to contend with the AI are easier because they now have other players to focus on and its easier to flank them.

Keep practising it should get easier.  One tip, once you start playing online on Factory   ..... remember to look up every now and then, a lot of players sit up on the beams  :)  (AI don't go up there)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pknugrec said:

The problem I have is that NOBODY should be able to take out a fully geared player in 2 shots with a 12 gauge from 100-200m away.  That's an absolute joke.  Anyone who hasn't had experience with these firearms shouldn't put their opinion in lol.  I've been shot at from 200m away, a Mossy 500 to be exact, when I was jogging at night.  The land owner thought I was a ducking burglar.  It hurt like a cutie and 2 pellets penetrated skin but it did NOT put me down, make me limp at .000001 mph etc.  In fact, I took off faster than a Kenyan when it happened.  Only armor I had on was a Chinese made thin sweat suit.  Just saying. 

Is it possible you are overestimating the distance in game?  Just asking because I see quite a few people claiming 300mtr sniper shots when they were at 100mtrs  lol

Am 10.10.2017 um 08:11 schrieb Swade89:

scavs seem too easy right now, besides the fact that their sharpshooters and will put 2 bullets in ya head with ease. but they still seem kinda dumb, i see ppl just running thru customs killing everything and extracting in like 15 minuites. which in my opinion is way too fast to be able to go thru a raid.

Yeah but you have in mind that Ai never has scopes so they dont could react mostly over 100m on customs.

So question do you know the situation where you go from the spawn (over bridge/land bridge) in the level in customs and someone has a good position with a silencer and owns you without out knowing where he ever was ?

Thats how scavs feel against good players you have the distance the scope and mostly when your are not rambo the better position. 

So first to make customs harder or slow down you have to but more scavs in and especially in cqb areas where the player has to come threw, construction side as an example.

Pmc vs scavs all good, the problem here in my opinion is that the player scavs could and should work togehter, instead of shooting there allies for a shitty shoty or fucked up aksu so it would be getting much harder for pmcs.

And last but not least of the problem in my opinion is that when you play alone or in groups up to 3 it could be challenging, but over that you rarely come into situations where you are into a sandwich players behind you ai in front etc..

So after my short book i think its too hard to explain all the probs that comes with to hard to easy ai, there is so much what plays into it.

I trust into the devs that they find the best for the game after we test and said whats wrong whats right and they make the game they want.

Edited by SpeedyGonzales

AI programming has IMHO one fatal flaw. Scavs get more accurate with every shot, and to my knowledge their accuracy never "resets".

If you come across a freshly spawned bot, he won't be very accurate.

But if a bot starts firing at some distant player, he will gain accuracy. If you then try to approach a bot that has already fired a lot of shots, be prepared for  a headshot on first hit.