Why so many closed threads on here?

I am just wondering why the EFT forum threads are moderated so hard in comparison to other gaming forums? Why the reason to abruptly closing threads when a moderator considers a thread been answered?

Should not threads on a forum be allowed to live unless its clearly against the forum rules? I am not saying censoring to possible customers/backers is all a bad thing but at this degree?

Edited by sweplatte

they will be closed if they contain the same and the same stuff again, for which are allready threads open, so per example you wonna talk about performance problems since the last patch, use the search function and post your impressions in an allready existing thread...

other things like "cheater report" threads will be closed prompt because its not welcome everybody is posting his accuses about anybody here in the forum...

so the only thing you have to do, is readn the forum rules and make sure the thread you wonna do is not allready existing

add: something i forgot, make sure its in the right topic

Edited by PIK

I've never seen thread being locked for any censorship reason. They are usually one of the below: 

- duplicate. in this case mods usually provide the link to a better existing thread or just merge

- content like FIX THE DAMN POO, which brings no constructive discussion to the community and is plain flame, why having this around? It's not deleted anyways, they are not hiding that someone's unhappy with the game, they are simply trying to route the discussion into more sane thing. 

- question is answered in the thread or was answered before, no point to keep it open anymore. 

If all the threads will live until die themselves or will not be moderated, organized at all - developers will have hard times browsing through suggestions\problems people have, so it's a win\win.  

vor 19 Minuten schrieb The Fragger:

welcome to the world of snowflakes and political correctness

never had problems that my criticism was moderated or something like that, i believe, if you keep it objective, there will nothing happen to criticism posts, the only problem is, most people cant handle offering critism and stay objective at the same time

so on the point it gets offensive, it will get closed for sure....  but nothing wrong with that in my eyes, thats eft forum and not reddit

3. Creating messages and topics
Before creating messages (posts) or discussion topics, please make sure your message or topic complies with the present forum rules. Also, before creating discussion topics or asking a question in any form, please make sure that such topic does not already exist on forum and the question was not yet answered on it, to avoid double/multiple questions or topics bearing the same meaning

Most topics closed due to being answered or discussed violate the rule listed above, hence why closed.

Just one of many threads that offer criticism to something.. follow the rules and everything is fine

19 hours ago, sweplatte said:

I am just wondering why the EFT forum threads are moderated so hard in comparison to other gaming forums? Why the reason to abruptly closing threads when a moderator considers a thread been answered?

Should not threads on a forum be allowed to live unless its clearly against the forum rules? I am not saying censoring to possible customers/backers is all a bad thing but at this degree?

They're pruning the forum of duplicate threads and keeping the discussion fresh. If a thread is a question with a definitive answer then the thread is locked after the definitive answer has been given.

On poorly moderated forums like most game subreddits, the same discussion repeats in hot and top threads almost every day, which sucks, and doesn't make searching for a thread worth reading any easier.

I'll agree that some moderators lock threads prematurely at times though.

TrueTurquoise

No discussion value/trolls 

Or the threads just been addressed beforehand/duplicates, I've never seen one straight up locked for any other reason.

Some mods may be a little too quick but I dont think it's a problem

Edited by TrueTurquoise

I will also leave this thread with this last answer from the rules.

"Discussing actions of the forum administration, moderators and developers alike, is prohibited. What is considered "discussing the actions of the forum administration":

Disputing the imposed warning points or public statement of disagreement with the imposed penalty;

threats addressed to the moderators and developers.

Your complaints of moderator actions should be sent only to support @ battlestategames. com"

Just because a mod does something, if it seems wrong you as the user still hAve power to do something and have it looked into.