Chat Always Toxic?

bingeboy

Hello,

New player here. I was wondering if the chat between games is ways toxic?

Someone was trolling me for being new... I've played the game for a few hours and it was my first time in the chat.

Based on all the streams I've seen online most players seem to be outgoing and friendly. Is chat basically considered a trollbox and something to be avoided?

THANKS

Hello,

We have a moderators staff there who look for such things and take actions. Sorry for the bad experience. It is currently a bit harder to moderate the chat but generally, it is not as bad as you say it is. So don't not let that one troll keep you away. Enjoy your time and chat, sir.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb bingeboy:

Hello,

New player here. I was wondering if the chat between games is ways toxic?

Someone was trolling me for being new... I've played the game for a few hours and it was my first time in the chat.

Based on all the streams I've seen online most players seem to be outgoing and friendly. Is chat basically considered a trollbox and something to be avoided?

THANKS

The nature of the game and the fact that it´s still in development (a lot of people don´t get this little detail about the game) drive people mad. You will find those trolls in almost any gaming community which has competitive parts. But by my experience you shouldn´t struggle in finding some non-toxic people really fast. To me people usually been very helpful. If you need help and guidance I suggest you to visit the unofficial ETF Discord server. Most people are really friendly and helpful there.

Welcome in the community and good luck within future.

• Upvote 2

I can only agree with all posts above me. The most people here and in the chat are friendly and will help you. Of course there are mad and frustrated people like in every game or in real life. Try to ignore the trolls and you will have a lot of fun with this game.

See you in Tarkov mate!

Edited by marqs

4 hours ago, Natalino said:

We have a moderators staff there who look for such things and take actions

what does this mean exactly ?

will there be some draconian laws in the future or even now -  like permanent chat bans or things like that ?

on topic, i do not find it to be toxic at all...also, i see no reason to start moderating some random chat, or some dark humor jokes and give chat bans for it...the game is for mature audiences and if someone has maybe the need or a feel to say something then let they say them...no need to censore. if you are mature enough you will not be moved by it and no need to react to it. use the profanity filter in the options if that even does something, idk, if you are such a delicate snowflake ( game itself is full of "bad words" that makes the game just better and more immersive ).

some ppl like profanities and some do not. some find them offensive and some funny or in between the two.

my point is, no censorship is needed in the chat. i dot use it myself but i hate cencorship and framing your freedom of speech. 

peace ppl.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ForeverAloneDude said:

will there be some draconian laws in the future or even now -  like permanent chat bans or things like that ?

For now, it is obvious, be respectful, do not troll, spam, etc. It is also handled case by case. And yes, there is already bans being made for violations.

• Upvote 2

well idd there is bad manners tend special streamers toward other players, hope this game won't get global voip in game, and also the chat get some neutral moderators or even bot admins that can keep in check the manners, i know the game is hard and boils the blood and black mater from "noobs" brain, but this is just a game in the end and you should have manners toward other players, simple giving should help the community and not drive toward a toxic one;

PS did so so many streamers, the most known one to be for ex "kotton" check his streams when he swore players because he can be better or not than them, that type of community member it isn't need, or your a pro player with manners, or you get "mouth shut" by force within admin/game rules and remain still pro (i find him a very good player in EFT, when comes of speed shooter :D)

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Mihailnovici said:

PS did so so many streamers, the most known one to be for ex "kotton" check his streams when he swore players because he can be better or not than them, that type of community member it isn't need, or your a pro player with manners, or you get "mouth shut" by force within admin/game rules and remain still pro (i find him a very good player in EFT, when comes of speed shooter :D)

Are you saying they should ban Kotton because he swears at players in a joking manner on his stream? Lol what

Okay so what if someone emotes the middle finger to you in game? Should we ban that guy as well??

Edited by DreamHacker
Added last paragraph emote*
  • Sad 1

id say that if voip would get added to the game, this game will drive toward toxic community with light speed, that's my only point, but probable my eng is bad, sorry for my bad grammar

PS ex PUG global VOIP, damn this is annoying when comes to players talking to other players

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Mihailnovici said:

id say that if voip would get added to the game, this game will drive toward toxic community with light speed, that's my only point, but probable my eng is bad, sorry for my bad grammar

PS ex PUG global VOIP, damn this is annoying when comes to players talking to other players

Voip will come, but we do not know how exactly will it work yet. 

However there is option to mute other players so you do not have to use the feature (option is not active yet):
xxR5FRk.png

9 hours ago, ForeverAloneDude said:

what does this mean exactly ?

on topic, i do not find it to be toxic at all...also, i see no reason to start moderating some random chat, or some dark humor jokes and give chat bans for it...the game is for mature audiences and if someone has maybe the need or a feel to say something then let they say them...no need to censore. if you are mature enough you will not be moved by it and no need to react to it. use the profanity filter in the options if that even does something, idk, if you are such a delicate snowflake ( game itself is full of "bad words" that makes the game just better and more immersive ).

some ppl like profanities and some do not. some find them offensive and some funny or in between the two.

my point is, no censorship is needed in the chat. i dot use it myself but i hate cencorship and framing your freedom of speech. 

peace ppl.

This is the same guy that said Steam was a " western spy propaganda machine".

You will deal with keyboard warriors like this in every game, just ignore them and let the staff take care of it. The trolls can whine and complain about having to follow rules, they won't get anywhere.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, BruxiePC said:

This is the same guy that said Steam was a " western spy propaganda machine".

Learn to take in some jokes mate and use the ignore function to save your labile nervous system

56 minutes ago, BruxiePC said:

You will deal with keyboard warriors like this in every game

and i am the keyboard warrior here you say :D ...Sure buddy, sure. just as  i do not like steam and whiners and censorship, and have my own opinion, one is surely a keyboard warrior definition in your book :D 

@bingeboy I see Natalino's alread answered your question, the only thing I'd like to add is that if you ever come across toxic players is do your best to avoid being pulled into their negativity.

If you pose a question and you get troll responses you can try to change channels and ask again, or simply wait a little bit and ask again if there's no response.

8 hours ago, PotatoWarriah said:

Voip will come, but we do not know how exactly will it work yet. 

However there is option to mute other players so you do not have to use the feature (option is not active yet):

VoIP is planned to be implemented and integrated into the Radio Communication that they plan to add in the future as well. (Source: GamesCom 2017).

Hope this helps :)

Based on all the responses I believe that the EFT community is amazing! Thanks for the replies everyone. This game feels like something special can't wait to watch it evolve. 

• Like 1

That's a real bummer that you got trolled, every time I've gone into chat and asked questions everyone has been super helpful, hopefully you don't experience that again.