azsamurai

FPS Drop near another player

azsamurai

So i’ve noticed that anytime i’ve near another player (not npc) or gun fire starts. my frame rate drops to an unplayable level while in Raid mode. It seems that in Scav, i dont have as many issues, still some but no where near the massive frame drop that i get in Raid. Is this my system isnt up “beefey” enough or simply the game is still in beta and not optimized?

my system:

MSI 350 board

MSI 580 w/ 8GB VRAM

8GB of normal ram

Ryzen 5 1600

• Like 1

johncage213

it's your ram, the game uses up to 14gbs sometimes due to memory leak

• Sad 1

ohyaknow76

I have twice the Ram. Running a GTX960 and drops to barely 10. No fun

chevylarue

Every PVP combat I've encounter I get FPS spikes that drop 20-30 FPS. I Played interchange recently and ran the map  inside and out around 43-52 FPS. My game dropped fps outside OLI by the cargos, oddly which never happens, before i knew it a PMC popped out the corner and killed me after a bit of exchange fire i couldn't keep up with due to the FPS my auto fire wasn't responsive.. Cant play this anymore until this is figured out...

Phoenixsui

I feel like the more gear and mods used on a single player or myself, the more frames drop or the longer the stutter if he spawns.
Maybe every single detail of an enemy players gets rendered and loaded for any player on the map. I noticed in a lot of games, that mostly only the own player gets fully rendered and enemys are simplified in details when looking really closely. I dont know how is this in EFT.

chevylarue

Try this: 

When you open the launcher above the game version select the change your server to the server with the lowest connecting Ping. I am on the west and Use Los Angeles. This helps a lot with FPS and frames. I played factory just to see the difference and now I only drop 3–6 frames per encounter. Instead of a ridiculous 20-30 

R07

When I had 8 gb of ram my game would drop to less than fifteen frames in any PVP situation. After some raging I added a another 8 gb stick I had laying around and my problem was solved. Hope it helps. 

BanditMaka
On 8/7/2018 at 2:00 PM, ohyaknow76 said:

I have twice the Ram. Running a GTX960 and drops to barely 10. No fun

Yea, my ram never gets totally used up, and yet I experience those massive drops, when you say. I see it happen to streamers as well, who have beasts of PCs.
Mine is used for rendering, and no slouch, I can play everything,  but this game suffers some serious optimisation issues.

• Thanks 1

dapps

So sick of seeing the vanilla "it's a ram issue" comment regurgitated.. The problem is the POS code. 

Yes, sometimes more ram will help. But I run 32GB (and have done for about 3 years) and in recent patches the amount of frame lockups, frame drops, lag spikes etc have radically increased. 

So yes, if you're running a PC spec from 1985 with less than about 12GB of ram you'll benefit by adding more memory. But it is not a RAM issue, its a BS code issue. More RAM is just a workaround.

• Cold 1