clust3r

AMD Ryzen CPU optimizations in near future?

clust3r

Hi guys first of all, thanks for the creation of this incredible game, I own a Ryzen 1700 8 cores 16 Threads I was checking the performance of this game in ryzen and is way low my CPU usage is just 25 %, my question if is you are going to add optimizations for this platform in future ?

QueenyQueeny

i had ryzen 7 1800x and im waiting for that too :/

PIK

got an old 9370 (4 core physical) @ 4.7 GHz and its runnin fine on 8 hyperthreads,

you tried "process lasso" and set the used hyperthreads / cores by hand?

so maybe you can set it fix to your 8 physical cores and get atleast 50% possible usage instead of the 25% with windows standard

QueenyQueeny
6 hours ago, PIK said:

got an old 9370 (4 core physical) @ 4.7 GHz and its runnin fine on 8 hyperthreads,

you tried "process lasso" and set the used hyperthreads / cores by hand?

so maybe you can set it fix to your 8 physical cores and get atleast 50% possible usage instead of the 25% with windows standard

Can you explain how can we do it ? Or a video about it ? Thanks.

PIK

sure, you get the program via google search, the normal freeware version for 64bit is enough and will get the job done

install and run process lasso as admin, run eft, switch to process lasso

and do a rightclick on "EscapeFromTarkov.exe" in active processes

59e5acd3a02a1_eftcpuuse.thumb.jpg.7a18863c4349a8fd753ce0c83b321ebb.jpg

search for "Avoid non-physical cores... " like in the picture and set it

after that, just play eft and check if it is running better (uses more of your cpu) with that setting then with the normal windows standard,

if not, change it back to all cores and deinstall process lasso

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RileyBear

@PIK tnx m8 for tip. I will try that today. I have fx 8350 and huge fps drops after patch. For now game is unplayable for me. 

DTox_11th

Tried Process Lasso yesterday after finding out about it through this thread. Where before it was completely impossible to even go near the new area in Shoreline with settings lowest, i now had a steady 60 fps locked with atleast high settings, which dropped dropped down to 45 on ultra settings. I didn't have time to test with players but it definitely made me optimistic again for the future! Btw, my system runs on a Ryzen 5 1600 overclocked at 3.8GHz, 16GB RAM running at 3200Hz with Geforce GTX1060 graphicscard.

Cant wait to test properly when i get back from a course in Germany, later this week. Thanks for the tip @PIK

P. S. Last time i played was wih stock cpu at 3.2GHz, so the OC could also play its part. But i doubt it would make such a huge difference on its own. 

Edited by DTox_11th

Fulgrim_

I sadly see no improvement after using it... with a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, however I do not have the option of using "physical core only"... its just not there. Any ideas?

I tried checking separetly all even or uneven cores and but it didn't help much.

Ideas?

Edited by Fulgrims_

Rampage23

Woah Woah Woah!.. PIK you do not have 4 cores and 8 threads my man. You computer may say you have 4 cores in some programs that could be because they share a module but that vishera has 8 true physical cores and does not have hyperthreading technology, Ryzen does however.