JoSantos

How Can I Invite A Friend To Try "EFT" Before Buying?

JoSantos

I got friends who are interested on playing EFT but they are not really sure about buying the game before trying it. They are registered already, but they have not received any email confirming the opportunity to try the Beta. They don't have the option in the site neither. I my account, I do have an option to install the game.

The reason why they want to try it first is because in the past we all had some bad experiences with other purchased games. The games were left there and it was just a wasted of money.

Can I send an invite to them fro my account? If yes, please advise how.
Thanks in advance guys for any useful information provided.

ForeverAloneDude

schedule a bro date - call them over, have some vodka shots, and let them play from your pc... if that is possible

• Upvote 2

CTWombat

You can probably give them your login info and they would be able to install and play using your account, but then only one of your friends can try it at a time since you cant run the game from the same account on two different computers.

Captain_Control
8 minutes ago, CTWombat said:

You can probably give them your login info and they would be able to install and play using your account, but then only one of your friends can try it at a time since you cant run the game from the same account on two different computers.

I feel like this is against the TOS in some way or another. 

19 minutes ago, JoSantos said:

I got friends who are interested on playing EFT but they are not really sure about buying the game before trying it. They are registered already, but they have not received any email confirming the opportunity to try the Beta. They don't have the option in the site neither. I my account, I do have an option to install the game.

The reason why they want to try it first is because in the past we all had some bad experiences with other purchased games. The games were left there and it was just a wasted of money.

Right now being in closed beta I dont think you can invite other players into the closed beta.

This would most likely become an option once the game moves into open Beta. But i have never seen any news from the devs in regards to this option personally. 

necuja
18 hours ago, JoSantos said:

They would either need to wait for open beta or win a trial key.

Also here is the tos on account sharing

Account Sharing

5.4 You must keep all information relating to your Account confidential. At no time should you disclose your account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes your friends, relatives, parents, children, spouses, co-workers, and any other player of the Games.

5.5 You are fully responsible for the conduct and actions using your Account and for all breaches of these Terms of Service committed by using your Account. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorised use of your Account or any unauthorised access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your personal information.

Huskie

Open beta is "rumored" for December so I'd suggest to them to keep an eye out for when it hits or they can bite the bullet and pre-order the standard edition. Also get them to check out Klean_uppguy's stream that way they can ask questions and watch gameplay and can join in on the giveaways he does of trail keys.

The_Hunger
21 hours ago, Captain_Control said:

I feel like this is against the TOS in some way or another. 

I see what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure that buying games works a little more esoterically than that. When you bought the game, during the alpha it was linked to YOU, but now that the beta is open, I think it's basically just a ticket to the movies. Not an issue unless you try using it twice, so at worst you'd have to give him a new device ID from your email then sit on your thumbs while he has fun. bsg no bully pls, feel free to tell me I'm wrong

vatt84
22 hours ago, ForeverAloneDude said:

schedule a bro date - call them over, have some vodka shots, and let them play from your pc... if that is possible

I've found that works best. That way you can talk them through the controls etc so the game isn't such an information overload :)

JoSantos

Thanks a lot for this information guys. I really really appreciate it.

Thanks for the prompt response all of you.

JoSantos

I would say that the question has been answered guys. Thanks again.

necuja

Good to hear xD

#locked answered