BelligerentSexy

the Fal covers this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Stuka8
On 2/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, jboydgolfer said:

the Fal covers this.

You must be joking right?

By your logic then the M4 covers the HK416? ADAR covers TX15, the SR25 covers RSASS, M700 covers the DVL and the T5000.

Edited by Stuka8
added quote
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Badhabit666
Am 18.10.2017 um 23:13 schrieb 202280:

I would love a G3 in the game. You already have winchester ammo and I've heard the g3's sight mount is interchangeable with the mp5's. Also there is a rail system that can go over the normal G3's handguard. So there are lots of option for it and it would be a nice DMR type rifle.  

cimg2184_zpsekdv1yzc.jpg

yes pls.

Questenberg
Posted (edited)
On 2/9/2020 at 6:59 AM, Stuka8 said:

You must be joking right?

By your logic then the M4 covers the HK416? ADAR covers TX15, the SR25 covers RSASS, M700 covers the DVL and the T5000.

Internetters be all like, "The VZ. 58 is an AK-47.  Change my mind."  (Trigger warning)

Edited by Questenberg
Trigger warning
  • Like 1

Shaktimaan

@202280

Well, yes and no.

To my knowledge, they don't have .308 Winchester in the game yet and also as you probably already know, the chamber pressure for that round is higher than the NATO 7.62x51 cartridge but they've allowed 7.62x51 rounds to function normally for the .308 chambered guns without any penalties whatsoever.

It would be cool to see the mixup by adding more durability penalty for mixing and matching cartridges like that. I hope they add a durability nerf for mixing ammo after properly adding the .308 Winchester rounds.

Majlo
18 hours ago, Shaktimaan said:

To my knowledge, they don't have .308 Winchester in the game yet

All of the civilian 7.62x51 mm rounds are ".308 Win." rounds. EFT just uses the metric name for the majority of the cartridges and puts the imperial measurement names of the same dimensions in the same category.

In Russia IRL they do the same as in game.

All .223 ammo is labeled as 5.56x45, all .308 is 7.62x51, .45 ACP is sometimes labeled as 11.43x23 mm, etc.

In the future .308 and .223 will be distinguished in the rounds in-game description where applicable (.45 ACP and .366 TKM (and other) rounds will have both metric and imperial in the description, but only one of them in the name).

18 hours ago, Shaktimaan said:

It would be cool to see the mixup by adding more durability penalty for mixing and matching cartridges like that. I hope they add a durability nerf for mixing ammo after properly adding the .308 Winchester rounds.

Different ammo fauling weapons in different ways is planned™ for the future, where bad low grade ammo will damage a weapon more, and over-pressured ammunition will have a similar effect.

Centurion0507
Posted (edited)

Also, 7.62x51mm NATO has a lower chamber pressure maximum than .308 Winchester. In addition, you can in fact fire standard 7.62x51mm ball ammunition through a weapon chambered for .308 Winchester with no issues at all, however you run risks running the opposite through a 7.62x51mm NATO weapon. Tested and Verified JFKSWCS Joint Armament Facility, Fort Bragg NC.

Edited by Centurion0507
Adjusting post

Majlo
2 hours ago, Centurion0507 said:

you can in fact fire standard 7.62x51mm ball ammunition through a weapon chambered for .308 Winchester with no issues at all, however you run risks running the opposite through a 7.62x51mm NATO weapon

It is highly dependent on the individual ammo loads, but in general you are correct.

However, SAAMI (the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute) considers them interchangable.

Centurion0507
38 minutes ago, Majlo said:

It is highly dependent on the individual ammo loads, but in general you are correct.

However, SAAMI (the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute) considers them interchangable.

Fair, I need to find my chart I got at work that details the differences between the cartridges.