Bandwidth usage makes the game unplayable.

This game uses a lot of bandwidth, excessive amounts compared to other games. I find EFT to be using 2-4mb/s of data when playing, this may not be a problem for any American or European players who have good internet but for me, living in Australia with an astounding 1.1mb/s internet I am unable to play without a server disconnect or 2-minute desync. I have NBN (Australia's equivalent of American internet) at my other house (long story) and am able to play perfectly on exactly the same setup but when staying at this house I am unable to play whatsoever. Do any other OCE or global escapees have the same problem as me? Will BSG be changing the absurd amount of data this game uses?

I can't even play at all due to desyncs. I spot someone and then shoot and apparently I am already dead. Even a server based in singapore would be benficial

Underhook

Im not tech minded.  From what I have read on theae forums it seems that yes, the game sends/receives a lot of data.  For some Australians I think the main issue is limited upload more so than download.

From what I can tell the issue became more severe after they switched to the new version of Unity.  Whilst i have not heard anything official on the subject.  I hope your situation might improve with future optimisations.