minimum time alive

Your_Moms_Gyno

Your_Moms_Gyno

Hey, 

few times now i've gotten wrecked as a scav literally on spawn-in because someone is camping the spawns, or it puts me dead out in the open near the double green boxes.

Any chance we could have some code injected where if you're alive for t<20sec you get a free respawn? 

Or its just hatchet runs for the next 30mins because salty AF

Edited by qS_Sachiel
MrMachineHead

I doubt that would happen unfortunately but I'm with you on that one, maybe less time though, 20 is a bit too much.

I know what you mean though, the amount of times I've died within such a short amount of time when spawning in is unreal. My record is 1 seconds. Got killed the second I spawned in because someone was camping the spawn, which is pretty damn annoying!

Your_Moms_Gyno

Fair, 20 is pretty long given that you can just sprint out and dome someone / contest a corpse and end up dead after having actively participated.

My experience is much like the one you mentioned, where literally the moment my feet touched the ground i got zipped by an AK-U.

<10 or <5s is perhaps more fair a time. The last thing i'd like to see is an 'invulnurable' state so that you can peek your foes, line up their head, or just generally get to rook out the spawn point. Just a little timer that runs in the background and grants you a free scav if you die before threshold.

Scav spawn points will be adjusted later on, the patch notes show there will be more so if this affects player scavs it will be beneficial. An invulnerability won't happen as it doesn't fit the realistic moto.

One feature that still needs work is the "scavs don't spawn next to pmc" as they do tend to spawn right next to them at times.

Your_Moms_Gyno
1 hour ago, Wolfdex said:

There is only 1 good solution for this problem

git gud

lol... :P

Yeah invulnurability would be complete bollocks. In things like CS it just give you an excuse to scout your surroundings for free, or even line people up with little to no risk. Just dumb.

Adjusting spawns to be a bit more intelligent would be good: is PMC near? direct to spawn where check=no.

This one was just dead out in the open above ground though, so definitely able to be shot by anyone in rafters, at nook, in the offices through the windows, standing at doors, out near containers. It's like being thrown into the middle of an oval .

Edited by qS_Sachiel

So i can say for factory is always the same. Players Scavs spawn at 54 minutes left and / or at 50 minutes left of gametime. You can check gametime with pressing O. The thing is most of the time you can also hear them hit the ground if you are in close range to them like you would hear yourself hitting the ground by the start of the raid in loading screen. Also the game lags for half a second when players scav spawn in. All these indicators makes its very simple for pmc players to locate and kill you. Atleast i can say that for a small map like factory. On larger maps i dont see that as a huge problem. 

On 10/22/2017 at 2:50 AM, necuja said:

Scav spawn points will be adjusted later on, the patch notes show there will be more so if this affects player scavs it will be beneficial. An invulnerability won't happen as it doesn't fit the realistic moto.

One feature that still needs work is the "scavs don't spawn next to pmc" as they do tend to spawn right next to them at times.

What about the scav timer reset if you die within the first 5 seconds? Seems like a reasonable placeholder solution until they can stop spawn killing entirely.