Losing all my stuff

CosmoMomen

Running into a raid with a full kit of gear can be one of the greatest feelings in this game, taking the time to make sure you have your weapon attachments *just* the way you want them and such. Take me for example, not terribly high level not terribly low level spawning in with an M4 which I had taken forever to put together and finally built up the courage to take into a match with me and an SKS... no problems in so far right? Raid goes on as normal for the first 10 minutes or so, I'm running Shoreline so there isn't many players running about... About 15 minutes in my buddy and I run in to a group of 3-4 BEAR guys also in full kit, no big deal that's how the game is played. We exchange fire so on and so on my buddy goes down I take cover behind a tree and BOOM guess what??? Can't switch weapons, can't reload, can't do ANYTHING, but run and run and run, 10 minutes of running can't reload still! I can't even take out my Tomahawk... nothing.................. 20 meters out from the extract I run in to a group of scavs take cover behind a car and try to figure out how to make it around. So I eventually make it through the group of Scavs with not even a scratch and FINALLY I can see the extract and what do you know??? A player camping the extract pops out from the last building before the extract and engages me, now if I could just bloody well reload my weapon he would have been no problem at all, but instead I was forced to run and hide like a little baby who's lost his mommy and hope to all hell this wasn't going to be why I lost all my good gear. I wish I could tell you this story had a happy ending for me, but instead it was a very happy ending for the gentleman with the MP-443 who took away all of my gear while I hid behind some barrels and prayed that I wasn't going to die because no matter how many ways of reloading and switching weapons I tried, NOTHING worked.... I'm really hoping this patch fixes this issues. I'd love to hear stories from you all who've run into similar situations, just for fun :) 

• Like 1
ivantuvieja

In those situations the best way to fix it is to alt+f4 and then reconnect to the match, hide in some bush or something and pray nobody finds you while you reconnect xD

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, ivantuvieja said:

In those situations the best way to fix it is to alt+f4 and then reconnect to the match, hide in some bush or something and pray nobody finds you while you reconnect xD

This.

Also, a wall of text moaning about your lost gear doesn't help anyone or anything. What would be much more useful, especially to the developers, would be a proper bug report. A bug report detailing exactly what you were doing/pressing when you were struck with the inability to perform actions, what actions you could or could not perform, what things you attempted to do to remedy the bug and whether or not you have been able to replicate the bug.

You are supposed to be play-testing the game, so when you find a problem, test it thoroughly and report it. When you have done these things, we might stand a chance of the developers being able to find it and fix it.

Edited by Deadmode
  • Upvote 1

Yes i had this massive dsync many times by now and it seems that the only one effected by it is yourself. Everyone else can just play the game normaly and will shoot you just fine but you cant reload and even if you had bullets in your weapon it would never connect to anything. Thats just sad and dont encurage you to bring good stuff into the raids if you fear to loose it because of technical issues.

Your_Moms_Gyno

Ive had deathscreen blackscreen. no resolution but to alt+ctrl+del out. Won't let me close from applications, only from processes.

Frequently get black screen freezes while being able to move a tarkov mouse pointer around black screen. Frequently happens in the stash funnily enough.

Just got a freeze up in the stash, decided to try exit tarkov becaue i'd made quite a few changes and didn't want them to rever... went to exit. Game did exit, but took LONG time. Upon viewing desktop i couldn't see my mouse pointer, lol... It would work but not display.

I feel you.

My story is less painful but still piss's me off.

Just made a run in the factory and my internet crashes , after a quick restart (checked if there was no patch release on the way :P ) and hoping I can get back in and finish the raid.. all for nothing...

I just log in and find out I was killed and lost my gear.. yes nothing fancy some silenced saiga 12 and body armor

not to count dying a lot due to Dsync...

• Sad 1

To all telling me I'm just bitching and complaining I more just wanted to hear others stories this had nothing to do with being mad at the game what so ever.

19 hours ago, Deadmode said:

This.

Also, a wall of text moaning about your lost gear doesn't help anyone or anything. What would be much more useful, especially to the developers, would be a proper bug report. A bug report detailing exactly what you were doing/pressing when you were struck with the inability to perform actions, what actions you could or could not perform, what things you attempted to do to remedy the bug and whether or not you have been able to replicate the bug.

You are supposed to be play-testing the game, so when you find a problem, test it thoroughly and report it. When you have done these things, we might stand a chance of the developers being able to find it and fix it.

You jumping on someone's forum post and writing a wall of text in response to a wall of text you have just assumed to be negative isn't helpful either my man

49 minutes ago, CosmoMomen said:

You jumping on someone's forum post and writing a wall of text in response to a wall of text you have just assumed to be negative isn't helpful either my man

That's hardly a wall of text in response.

I'm not 'jumping' on your forum post either, I'm responding saying that a proper bug report would've be way more useful to devs so that it can be fixed, seeing as it seemed like a pretty serious glitch. I'm also hoping that other's see it and realise that's what we're all supposed to be doing when we find problems with the game, not posting rants about lost gear that we see ALL too often in these forums. 

You may not have found my response helpful, and that's a shame, but I think my post is more helpful to the community and those building the game than yours. Inviting others to share stories of gear lost to technical issues doesn't really help anyone. 

Edited by Deadmode
15 hours ago, Deadmode said:

That's hardly a wall of text in response.

I'm not 'jumping' on your forum post either, I'm responding saying that a proper bug report would've be way more useful to devs so that it can be fixed, seeing as it seemed like a pretty serious glitch. I'm also hoping that other's see it and realise that's what we're all supposed to be doing when we find problems with the game, not posting rants about lost gear that we see ALL too often in these forums. 

You may not have found my response helpful, and that's a shame, but I think my post is more helpful to the community and those building the game than yours. Inviting others to share stories of gear lost to technical issues doesn't really help anyone. 

Assuming that there has been numerous reports of this bug and the devs have already said their working on it it would more have been a waste of my time and the devs. You continuing to try and justify you being an arse for no reason on a forum post that merely wants to have people share their stories of heartbreak in a cruel world is just a waste of time.

I'm sorry, but appending "I'd love to hear stories from you all who've run into similar situations, just for fun" to the end of your rant doesn't change the fact that it was a rant, and you know it was.

What is the point of creating a forum thread for people to whine about gear they lost to glitches and bugs? How is that helpful to anyone?

And assuming there are already reports of bugs doesn't mean you shouldn't report it. Firstly, you shouldn't assume. Secondly, the more common a bug is, especially if it seems quite severe, the more chance it has of jumping up the devs priorities.

I'm sorry you think I'm being an arse, I'm really not, I would just prefer people to actually playtest this game properly, as they should be, so that it can get released to the high standard we all want.