dustankorte13

you could still try to place an allow related/established rule on the server IP, that should work an not compromise your security (at least not more than opening ports for everyone)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dustankorte13

• banchev

• necuja

• Graylord

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol go play Minecraft, you have no idea what your talking about.

Try this: open destination ports:  TCP - 80,11007,31780 UDP - 17000-17025 (not sure about this range)

Regardless this will not help... lol amatures.. Look let me explain something to you guys. Any program using TCP/UDP has to connect through the network stack. There is a handshake depending on th

Posted Images

dustankorte13

@banchevThat is exactly what I thought, I put both  server IPs as allow any any (85.195.73.70 and 85.195.72.31) and it still does not work... not sure why bro

1 minute ago, banchev said:

you could still try to place an allow related/established rule on the server IP, that should work an not compromise your security (at least not more than opening ports for everyone)

dustankorte13

I wish you could see my firewall, my WAN_IN has 32 rules. The packet count to my house is retarded lol, it is nearly impossible to sort through dropped packets because there are so many. 

TheREALGovernor

Hey Dustan,

I'm not exactly sure if this will help, but I pulled up Windows Resource Monitor while I was in a Factory game and took this screenshot:

59f34acfb2337_PortDescriptions.thumb.png.d62499110ec790b24c0b381fa017d3cc.png

It looks like they're using TCP 53,000-54,000 range for communication and possible UDP 61786 for listening. 

It might be worth a shot to add these to your firewall to see if you can connect - I wouldn't think they would use different ports for different maps, but let me know if you want me to do this for other maps and I'll do my best.

I hope this helps!

-TheGovernor

Why wouldn't you just be comfortable opening the range you know it uses? 60000-70000 say?

You'll open 45000-60000 for Discord, but can't do this for EFT?

Also, why would you even jeopardize your career and sensitive data? You don't have this information on a separate system that you can just have completely removed from any connections? Are you seriously gaming on the same rig as these files?

Edited by Deximer
dustankorte13
11 minutes ago, Deximer said:

Why wouldn't you just be comfortable opening the range you know it uses? 60000-70000 say?

You'll open 45000-60000 for Discord, but can't do this for EFT?

Also, why would you even jeopardize your career and sensitive data? You don't have this information on a separate system that you can just have completely removed from any connections? Are you seriously gaming on the same rig as these files?

I have done this, I opened all random port ranges 49152 - 65535 and it still did not work. 

15 minutes ago, TheREALGovernor said:

Hey Dustan,

I'm not exactly sure if this will help, but I pulled up Windows Resource Monitor while I was in a Factory game and took this screenshot:

59f34acfb2337_PortDescriptions.thumb.png.d62499110ec790b24c0b381fa017d3cc.png

It looks like they're using TCP 53,000-54,000 range for communication and possible UDP 61786 for listening. 

It might be worth a shot to add these to your firewall to see if you can connect - I wouldn't think they would use different ports for different maps, but let me know if you want me to do this for other maps and I'll do my best.

I hope this helps!

-TheGovernor

Nope this did not fix it, added rules for all of the ports mentioned.

TheREALGovernor
5 minutes ago, dustankorte13 said:

Nope this did not fix it, added rules for all of the ports mentioned.

Dang man, that blows! I wouldn't know what else to try if that didn't fix it. Too bad you can't use UPnP on that firewall. :-/ 

This makes me wonder if my LinkSys WRT54-G is converting to different ports once it's on my network... I'm not quite sure how that portion of routing works, so I can't clarify that.

If there's any way I can help, let me know. I'm familiar with Wireshark and have a basic understanding of networking (though I have trouble subnetting and converting to binary, fortunately, I don't have to do it that much), so I'd be willing to help wherever I can!

Edited by TheREALGovernor
dustankorte13
On 10/28/2017 at 10:47 PM, necuja said:

@dustankorte13 I'm sorry if nothing has come from this yet... I was told from upper support that they have asked for the ports that you want... at this time we are waiting for the response for this

Thank you again for the help.

• Upvote 1
dustankorte13
On 10/29/2017 at 8:53 AM, kamabullet said:

Try this:

open destination ports: 

TCP - 80,11007,31780

UDP - 17000-17025 (not sure about this range)tcp.jpg.b4e556f6a7fe084e039b98df6f630ece.jpgudp.jpg.d79daa4eebb314d1e31bd428966364fd.jpg

For all that need help with firewall problems stoping the game from working this works! Please if any changes are made to this have somewhere for a troubleshooting section that mentions these changes.

• 2 months later...
Redseven

Hello guys,

i have read this entire topic because i have a network problem, which I explained in a video of mine on YouTube. You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po49cpNjlLA

Now, this is just a Weekly Recap I do for EFT and I only talk brefly about this problem. Want to do a more in depth video about it and I want to ask for more help. I see that you guys understand a lot more about this data transfer between Server and Client, a lot more about TCP and UDP and a lot more about programms like Wireshark and Ports and Firewalls.

I represent a lot of players with this same issue and I would really like to understand why is this happening, how can we fix it (if we can do that), or how should the devs fix this.

So, please explain me/us what's  behind all of this and I will  share the information with my viewers, with the other guys with the same problem, with the world.

What protocols does EFT use? TCP or UDP? Or both?

Why we, the IPv6 players experience this Packets In = Zero issue? What is causing this? Is this only affecting IPv6 players?

What is the difference between Dual Stack and Dual Stack Lite?

I will tag you guys in order to get some more quick responses and I hope you guys won't mind, I hope you guys will help me out raise some more awareness, so that the devs see that we are also important and that they improve netcode before anything else.

The video will go out after gathering more data. Hopefully with your help. 

Thanks in advance!

Redseven

@dustankorte13@kamabullet @TheREALGovernor @banchev

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this topic, but it's been months of patches and I have yet to find any better information than this and I have the same issue. Do anyone know by now?

16 minutes ago, Graylord said:

Sorry to resurrect this topic, but it's been months of patches and I have yet to find any better information than this and I have the same issue. Do anyone know by now?

well if you read they fixed it by doing something

On 10/29/2017 at 1:53 PM, kamabullet said:

Try this:

open destination ports: 

TCP - 80,11007,31780

UDP - 17000-17025 (not sure about this range)tcp.jpg.b4e556f6a7fe084e039b98df6f630ece.jpgudp.jpg.d79daa4eebb314d1e31bd428966364fd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 8:53 PM, MaYdAyJ said:

This is a very entertaining story lol. I rarely read forums or posts in them. This one... is a gem lol.

Hahaha, I felt the same way, came looking for port help, left with one of the best stories ever to unfold from the internet.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just recently bought the game and now 3 days of searching around the internet I found this gem and still to this day no one seems to have found the solution and the developers dont seem to care. Thats 50 euro down the drain...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm thats crazy, Im sure it has to do with port rules in the firewall, I will just have to monitor it and see where the traffic flows and keep those open for the game, risky, but hey, I wanna play.