GPNVG-18

DJankovic92

DJankovic92

So week or so back cleanupguy teased us with GPNVG`s and  i would love if devs can tell us what kind of layout will they have..current NVG`s have circle shape in middle of the screen. Now i would like to see will GPNVG`s look anything like this?
107410_screenshots_20170806213809_1.thumb.jpg.475c9ac84388a14f9dd0461fee443548.jpg
Would love to see what is devs idea and how will they do it ? :)

JaxAttackPC

That's not how the GP's would actually look when you're wearing em.

I've used the pvs-14's extensively (IRL Infanrtyman, USMC) and even though it's a 40° field of view, it doesn't really feel like it - and games that try to make their implementation of them 'accurate' don't represent them well at all. With GPNVG's, I think the best way to portray them in-game is to just not have any noticeable borders or overlay on them, or just slight dark edges on the corners/side of screen. You can't really accurately convey how the field of view works when you're looking at a flat screen that's 18ish inches from your face, this is one of those cases where I think gameplay is more important than realism.

• Like 2
DJankovic92
8 hours ago, JaxAttackPC said:

That's not how the GP's would actually look when you're wearing em.

I've used the pvs-14's extensively (IRL Infanrtyman, USMC) and even though it's a 40° field of view, it doesn't really feel like it - and games that try to make their implementation of them 'accurate' don't represent them well at all. With GPNVG's, I think the best way to portray them in-game is to just not have any noticeable borders or overlay on them, or just slight dark edges on the corners/side of screen. You can't really accurately convey how the field of view works when you're looking at a flat screen that's 18ish inches from your face, this is one of those cases where I think gameplay is more important than realism.

I agree with you you cant really do much with simulating it in the game.

They definettly dont look like this IRL but you have mid tubes that give you mid field of view and than side ones that give you "aditional Field of view" (But we decided to give them this layout where you can see on edges of your screen because of those additional tubes.)
Would love to hear how devs are gonna tackle this point :)

Since you used ones would love if you show me what do you really see trough them so i can forward it to the owner of the unit who made it and get him to correct it attleast a bit  :)

4 hours ago, Dominguez132 said:

What is your Mod for the Helmet and Back pack?

Private mod sorry.

Your_Moms_Gyno

I'd be more concerned about the actual FOV changing significantly, which may give a 'zoom' effect.

Just a bright(er) overlay with green shader is all it needs, although cutting out FOV would be a nice 'flaw' to model the real things.

There's most likely a fix, but I remember in games like DayZ where people would edit their FOV on the fly, narrowing the window which the game rendered at, while projecting onto a screen of constant dimensions. This led to the picture 'blowing up' or zooming, so people would be shooting you from the hip with a Makarov at 500m (slight exaggeration).