Dr_Shafty

Body armor too OP???

Dr_Shafty

Hey... loving the game so far... as long as the lag doesn't screw me.

But lets talk about the body armor. Scav wearing body armor, takes an ENTIRE 30 rd Magazine (AK74u) from 20 yards to kill him while shooting chest and legs. I mean really? I know it's in beta and the d-sync in the server sometimes makes these situations happen... but that's just it. It happens over and over and over and over and over. Something is screwy

So since the lag continues to be a problem can we please NERF the stupid armor to give us scrubs a freaking chance.

I wanna love this game but right now... peppering a scav or a player with a 2/3 magazine of an AK74U rounds just to have the lag kill me... then on the post-game screen see I got 12 hits for 160 damage registered?!?!? that is seriously stupid. and infuriating.

Andy

We can go into details, but the simple answer is, the ak74u is a garbage gun at the end of the day, thats why you get it off of every other scav and thats why it sells for very little to the traders. the body armor is good in that scenario, but its lacking in other places. to me the balance seems fine.

• Sad 2

SwitchZ
6 minutes ago, Dr_Shafty said:

but that's just it. It happens over and over and over and over and over. Something is screwy

With different weapons or generally with AK74U?

Dr_Shafty

Ok that makes sense... so how do I not be a scrub haha

I've got Prapor up to lvl 2 and skier to lvl 2 once I hit level 16... but what should I look for then?

krawecki

It's fine. Leave it...outplay other players and get better weapons. The AK74U is meant to be a stepping stone for most people to get AKNs and M4s. I do not remember the last time I used an AK74U. Has to be going on 3 months now.

DnZ1

There is a simple solution: Aim for Head or Legs

undercutian
11 minutes ago, Andy said:

We can go into details, but the simple answer is, the ak74u is a garbage gun at the end of the day, thats why you get it off of every other scav and thats why it sells for very little to the traders. the body armor is good in that scenario, but its lacking in other places. to me the balance seems fine.

do u think the ak74n is good becuase if you do then please inform yourself different guns that use the same bullet do the same damage so the ak74u is just as effective as the akn just has way more recoil.

Dr_Shafty

Yeah I mean I've watched Kotton pick up an AK74u and pop into games and get 6-7 kills before extracting and I know he is like a god at the game so I'm not expecting to be that good LOL but I just want my bullets to kill people hahaha

I do have a few AK74N... but they do shoot the same bullet... so same damage? same problem?

Andy
10 minutes ago, undercutian said:

do u think the ak74n is good becuase if you do then please inform yourself different guns that use the same bullet do the same damage so the ak74u is just as effective as the akn just has way more recoil.

I do recognize that the ak74n does the same dmg, and I do think its better, if I had to scale it, I'd think its an average gun, but thats due to the ability to spray and reliably hit the target, meanwhile the ak74u had a way higher recoil, making it harder to use and less effective when spraying. but by all means, every gun is usable, every gun can be considered good, its just how much work it takes to be good with it. for me personally i've never spent the time to be good with the 74u so its garbage to me.

Captain_Control
5 minutes ago, Dr_Shafty said:

Yeah I mean I've watched Kotton pick up an AK74u and pop into games and get 6-7 kills before extracting and I know he is like a god at the game so I'm not expecting to be that good LOL but I just want my bullets to kill people hahaha

I do have a few AK74N... but they do shoot the same bullet... so same damage? same problem?

What kind of ammo are you using?

are you burst firing or just simply full auto till mag is empty?

are you using iron sights or optics?

are you only aiming for body mass? 

are you using a foregrip? 

This list of questions keeps going on and on, honestly yes there is a huge difference between the AK74N and the AK74U. Not trying to be a troll but without fully understanding the situation all of the reply's will be useless guesses and just random help. 

hidden_citizen

I know this post has already been answered but the AKS74 has a lot of recoil plus big spread.. so you think you are hitting something.. but just because you are aiming at it doesnt mean you will hit it.. at least not after the first shot and even less if you use it in full auto.. my advice if you have prapor lvl 2 buy or exchange ak74N they are crazy cheap and a reliable gun at short and medium range

Dr_Shafty
4 minutes ago, Captain_Control said:

What kind of ammo are you using?

are you burst firing or just simply full auto till mag is empty?

are you using iron sights or optics?

are you only aiming for body mass? 

are you using a foregrip? 

This list of questions keeps going on and on, honestly yes there is a huge difference between the AK74N and the AK74U. Not trying to be a troll but without fully understanding the situation all of the reply's will be useless guesses and just random help. 

The grips and stuff makes sense and now that I can buy them i'll use them.

As for the iron sights... I haven't figured out how to put a sight on the 74u yet.

Captain_Control
Just now, Dr_Shafty said:

The grips and stuff makes sense and now that I can buy them i'll use them.

As for the iron sights... I haven't figured out how to put a sight on the 74u yet.

Here is what you need:

this is an awesome guide to mods for weapons.

Dr_Shafty

Control, Thank you sir. beautiful guide

Pocketlite20
5 hours ago, Dr_Shafty said:

Higher muzzle velocity due to a longer barrel, so I think it has more damage in-game.

Djent_

There's nothing at all wrong with the 74u, it's just better optimized for closer ranges. You just have to aim for the legs if you're up close, or the head if you can land the shot at a distance, even with a helmet it should only take 1 or 2 shots to the head, possibly 3.

If you are emptying a mag into scav's legs when they're wearing armour and they aren't going down, then that's a bug, which you should report. Apart from that it could also be desync.

Edited by THALL