This "pain-system" is killing me

Both on the mental level and ingame. 

I have recently bought the game but my most apparent question is what is up with this sudden pain-system? 

Take my latest raid that for once got pretty good. I dont know the map-layouts perfecly yet so ofc I wander around a bit and I am low-level so my skills are at the bottom.

Anyway here I am being very stealthy and all and suddenly out of nowhere comes a pain in the head, wondering if my character banged his head on the nearby railway-track. Then dehydration hits, and then bloodloss which leads to death.  And all this while I am stationary and not in a gunfire. And all this happens around a minute or 2.

Im just staring at the screen. How? Why? How does dehydration leads to bloodloss?! Tried slapping whatever medkits I had on it which bumped up the health just so to see it drop down again.

This if anything is a big turnoff for continue playing.

Sounds like desync my friend. Pain only comes from taking hits from weapons. As for dehydration, that's an easy fix, just bring water with you, or find it, it's scattered everywhere on the maps.

1 minute ago, Swedge said:

Has this only happened to you this one time or multiple times?

Cheers,
Swedge
www.twitch.tv/uncleswedge

This and and my very first scav-run. Think it has something to do with dehydration since, also my longest 2 runs, some raids have tend to be shorter for other various but understandable reasons. But once it kicks in and I dont have any drink on me its just way to short time to do anything about it.

ThomasSowell

1 minute ago, Deci987 said:

This and and my very first scav-run. Think it has something to do with dehydration since, also my longest 2 runs, some raids have tend to be shorter for other various but understandable reasons. But once it kicks in and I dont have any drink on me its just way to short time to do anything about it.

I understand. Yeah mate that just sounds like the dehydration system for when you run out of fluids. The bloodloss is presumably just the devs attempt to find some way to incentivise/punish for not drinking etc and to try capture some additional level of realism around body fluids and biology etc.

The effect it has on your gameplay probably depends on your playstyle. If you spend a long time in a mission looting or camping for example you are likely to run out of fluids and get dehydrated and start taking that pain effect. Like you it has maybe only happened to me once or twice ever (and I'm Level 49 for example at the moment). If it's a huge problem for you, three solutions include 1) buy a drink from a trader before you go into a round (or stockpile them from looting), 2) frequently check your hydration level via the inventory, 3) don't spend as long in each map/mission.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Swedge
http://www.twitch.tv/uncleswedge/

7 minutes ago, Swedge said:

If it's a huge problem for you, three solutions include 1) buy a drink from a trader before you go into a round (or stockpile them from looting), 2) frequently check your hydration level via the inventory, 3) don't spend as long in each map/mission.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Swedge

The worst part is just that it was a good run in this instance and that I felt that I had no chance to react to it once it hit. Had some awful runs before but found good stuff to sell, inventory full and all. Was trying to find the an exit, so scav-run to map things out here i come...

Was watching someone run around the building infront of me. Was running a little bit low on ammo so I tried to stay away from a gunfight (nightime btw), died anyway :(

If I have to restart my character  to get stuff again its not the end of the world right now.

Edited by Deci987
2 minutes ago, Deci987 said:

The worst part is just that it was a good run in this instance and that I felt that I had no chance to react to it once it hit. Had some awful runs before but found good stuff to sell, inventory full and all. Was trying to find the an exit, so scav-run to map things out here i come...

If I have to restart my character  to get stuff again its not the end of the world right now.

there is going to be a wipe today or in a couple of days so youre going to loose your stuff anyway

ThomasSowell
29 minutes ago, Deci987 said:

Was watching someone run around the building infront of me. Was running a little bit low on ammo so I tried to stay away from a gunfight (nightime btw), died anyway :(

No worries. Yeah you will start learning the maps as more time passes so you won't need to map things out as much in scav run. Another option for map-learning is to choose Offline mode and turn PVE enemy off so it's an empty map and you can run around. There are lots of Youtube vids that show the layouts too.
Have fun!

Cheers,
Swedge

1 hour ago, Deci987 said:

I have recently bought the game but my most apparent question is what is up with this sudden pain-system? 

Take my latest raid that for once got pretty good. I dont know the map-layouts perfecly yet so ofc I wander around a bit and I am low-level so my skills are at the bottom.

Anyway here I am being very stealthy and all and suddenly out of nowhere comes a pain in the head, wondering if my character banged his head on the nearby railway-track. Then dehydration hits, and then bloodloss which leads to death.  And all this while I am stationary and not in a gunfire. And all this happens around a minute or 2.

Im just staring at the screen. How? Why? How does dehydration leads to bloodloss?! Tried slapping whatever medkits I had on it which bumped up the health just so to see it drop down again.

Sounds like you have massive lag and are being shot at by someone who is also lagging thus all the bullets hit you long after you were actually shot and all at once.  Make sure your router is configured properly and all that.  The very next update is meant to largely address these issues as well.

Dehydration alone is enough to kill you, I have had raid when I got shot in the stumache, had it blown out completely and died within 2 minutes from dehydration. Having your stumach blown out really speeds up dehydration but with one still intact you can still die from it. It will just take a lot longer, probly 30+ minutes, then you will get light headed and die eventually. 

The bleeding part is a bit strange though, could be silent / glitched shots from far away perhaps.

Am 24.10.2017 um 08:59 schrieb Deci987:

Yes you have to take a look at your dehydration. Not a bullet killed you or cause you pain. If you forget to eat or drink something you will slowly suffer from it. Solution for that is take something with you into the longer raids if you play them very slowly or get out before dehydration hits. You can see your status near your health if you press tab. And i think with bloodloss he means that his health is ticking down not that he is actually bleeding. If you dont know this it might seem to be a bit fishy at first but overall it makes sense :) gl in the future.

Edited by Finale