Colonel Twerkins

Where do OCEANIC and ASIA connect?

35 minutes ago, Magpie231 said:

This is blatantly false.

You're right - there's definitely no guarantee you will connected to the server with the best ping.

Since the addition of the latency indicator I've noticed that some games I'm getting connected to are 180-200 latency. These instances are obviously when I'm getting connected to US servers and not Oceanic. 

However, when it actually works properly and I get sent to the Oceanic server my ping is 40-50ms.

Obviously the performance difference is huge between the two. I'm not really sure why it seems to be random which one you end up on when connecting.  it's really annoying that you're basically rolling the dice for a non-laggy game as an Oceanic player though.

So AU players are obviously not connecting to servers in AU.

Sydney player getting ~250ms ping constantly. This is game breaking. 

Can't believe this is still a thing. Fix the damn AU servers.

On 10/24/2017 at 9:19 PM, Laneigee said:

I am not always being connected to the server that gives me the best ping. Playing from Thailand on the Asia servers, 80-90% of my matches show me as connected to the South Korean servers (92.223.73.247). The ping is certainly noticeable, but for the remaining 10-20% of my matches, I'm being connected to Hong Kong servers (103.66.180.130), where it was stated that the Asia servers would be, and where the connection is near perfect for me due to it being closer to my location. This switching between these 2 countries' servers happens in the same session.

I hope this information can somehow be put to use to correctly connect us to the most appropriate server.

Yo Thai english player as well, wanna team up? plz add me on steam: hermion

yeah i'm from Australia and I have noticed I am getting put on servers with ping over 250 every so often, and this is even when wait times are fine. Most of the time I get servers with good ping but I would like to avoid getting put on these high ping servers. Please allow us to leave server before game starts if ping is high.

Judging by one of the Oceanic servers, it doesn't appear to be quite in the region? One is based in sydney, the other has the acronym "sin". Ping sits at 170 ish for me to the "sin" server and I live in sydney. May be something for the dev's to look into.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:55 PM, MacFieldsCuller said:

Judging by one of the Oceanic servers, it doesn't appear to be quite in the region? One is based in sydney, the other has the acronym "sin". Ping sits at 170 ish for me to the "sin" server and I live in sydney. May be something for the dev's to look into.

force your connection to sydney and not OCE.. I assumed 'sin' is singapore.

.... And for all South American´s players that don´t have a least one server to play ???? 

We need to play on North American servers that provides a lot of desync and ping above 180ms.

We are lagging all others players too..

Can you guys give us a least ONE  server here to play ????   like others games that are in early access also and have it like DayZ, Rust, Pubg and etc.. or give us a chance to rent a server here.

Edited by rafaeldbnu