Jump to content

Does this sound like a hacker?


Recommended Posts

I was just done grinding to get prapor to level 4, and find some air filters to buy a VSS to try out. After a grueling process I was finished, and I was about to try it out on Customs, in offline mode. I completely forgot to tick the "offline mode" button, and as I noticed this I panicked. So I bugged out to the warehouse office, and stayed put without making any noise. About 2 or 4 minutes later, I started getting damage to my head. I was confused, because there was nobody nearby and I didn't have any desync while I was entering the office. So it couldn't have been a hatchet ninja hacking my desynced body, because I could loot without any lag only 3 minutes earlier. I died almost immediately, and I was completely lost for words, not only because I had lost my brand-spanking new VSS, but I died in such an illegitimate manner that it felt like there was nothing I could do about it. I'm worried if this will start to become frequent on raids, and I will randomly lose my items that I've worked hard to obtain.

Edited by JoinDuty
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I went into a Customs raid, killed some scavs with a Tok and all was well. I found my first Fort ballistic armor off of a scav, almost full hp too. I was really hyped to bring it back from the raid. What do you know? A minute later I'm walking towards the gas station shortcut, and I just die out of nothing. No gunfire, just immediately I collapse to the ground. I had patched up my bleeding, all my vitals were looking good. Then, the death screen says I was "MIA", but I was only in the raid for 40 minutes? I should have had at least 50 minutes to extract, but yet I just suddenly died. I wasn't even dehydrated or anything, I checked my health like 5 seconds before I died. Is this another hacker? Or is this just a very annoying bug?

Let's hope that the patch addresses this. Unless for some reason immediate sudden death is a feature? I was sure that I was going to make it too...

Edited by JoinDuty
Link to post
Share on other sites
Master_ReD'
8 minutes ago, JoinDuty said:

Today I went into a Customs raid, killed some scavs with a Tok and all was well. I found my first Fort ballistic armor off of a scav, almost full hp too. I was really hyped to bring it back from the raid. What do you know? A minute later I'm walking towards the gas station shortcut, and I just die out of nothing. No gunfire, just immediately I collapse to the ground. I had patched up my bleeding, all my vitals were looking good. Then, the death screen says I was "MIA", but I was only in the raid for 40 minutes? I should have had at least 50 minutes to extract, but yet I just suddenly died. I wasn't even dehydrated or anything, I checked my health like 5 seconds before I died. Is this another hacker? Or is this just a very annoying bug?

yep had the same thing happens so many times. Damage from nowhere, the MIA death screen after "dying" 10-15 min into a new raid. Not sure what is happening but hoping it will get sorted with each new patch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Master_ReD' said:

yep had the same thing happens so many times. Damage from nowhere, the MIA death screen after "dying" 10-15 min into a new raid. Not sure what is happening but hoping it will get sorted with each new patch. 

That sucks... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, THALL said:

Does it actually say MIA, or just have a screen that says you killed yourself? Honestly what you're describing just sounds like desync.

It did say "Missing in Action", and how would I even kill myself? I was just walking about, I had already killed every scav by the Gas station when it happened, also players had already extracted from the raid I am fairly sure since I didn't hear any gunfire anywhere else

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swedge said:

Sounds like dehydration maybe mate. Check your fluid levels in inventory.

Both in the OP and in the 2nd post I had well above 50 hydration, the OP happened about 5 or 6 minutes in and the second post happened about on the 50 minute mark, both times I had checked my inventory on regular intervals to make sure I didn't die of dehydration. I've also survived many raids where I had dehydration by just gunning it to the exit and / or finding something to drink.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ThomasSowell

I see. Yeah that sounds weird dude. If it was me I wouldn't worry too much yet if it's only happened twice. But yeah keep an eye on it. Maybe desync or maybe silenced weapon with headshot and death-screen bug? Not sure. If it keeps happening, try and find a pattern. Only PMC mode? Only Customs? etc. If it keeps happening I would also bring in some mates to help you assess/prevent what happened or help recover your gear. If you don't know anyone to team up with, find someone on the forums here or unofficial Discord etc. Good luck.

Cheers,
Swedge
http://www.twitch.tv/uncleswedge/

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Swedge said:

I see. Yeah that sounds weird dude. If it was me I wouldn't worry too much yet if it's only happened twice. But yeah keep an eye on it. Maybe desync or maybe silenced weapon with headshot and death-screen bug? Not sure. If it keeps happening, try and find a pattern. Only PMC mode? Only Customs? etc. If it keeps happening I would also bring in some mates to help you assess/prevent what happened or help recover your gear. If you don't know anyone to team up with, find someone on the forums here or unofficial Discord etc. Good luck.

Cheers,
Swedge
http://www.twitch.tv/uncleswedge/

Yep, PMC and only on Customs so far, but to be fair I rarely run anything else other than the occasional Woods or Factory. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't dealing with a silenced weapon, because I'd still be able to hear the thud of the bullet hitting me. Also desync is unlikely because the loot worked without lag on both times. If it happens a third time I'll just wait for the new patch to clear my stash and look out for it.

Something I should mention is that I'm only sure I got killed by a player (possible hacker) on the OP because it said I was, but I can't recall who. The second post I just got MIA, apparently this has happened to other players aswell

Edited by JoinDuty
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the last straw. I'm waiting for the wipe....

I had just gotten fully decked out, Night vision, modded AS Val with 4 mags all full of SP-6, Alpha Chestrig, Kiver, Fort, ComTac, Trizip, Grizzly. Want to know how I lost them? I put them on my character slots, then went to do a SCAV run. As I return from the scav run, all of the gear in my character slots is gone. All of it... I'm serious. I wish I understood what had happened. Initially I thought I just had an inventory lag, and that moving things to the slots would fix it, but nope. Restarting the game, nothing. All of it was gone. How am I supposed to gear up when I can't put my stuff into my character slots for a scav run knowing that the stuff remaining there isn't 100% reliably going to even remain there? The wipe comes soon, but still... I blew a load of money and like 20 hours in getting all of the stuff. This is getting ridiculous

Edited by JoinDuty
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dominguez132
On 10/24/2017 at 9:05 AM, JoinDuty said:

I was just done grinding to get prapor to level 4, and find some air filters to buy a VSS to try out. After a grueling process I was I'm worried if this will start to become frequent on raids, and I will randomly lose my items that I've worked hard to obtain.

For now this is the way it is.

I have had it happen just like you explained, it is desync.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dominguez132 said:

For now this is the way it is.

I have had it happen just like you explained, it is desync.

None of the other functions were in any way desynced, I was opening a safe and transferring items without any load time inbetween. Also I had already killed a player and he moved smoothly, and there was no delay with him dying when the bullets hit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dominguez132
4 minutes ago, JoinDuty said:

None of the other functions were in any way desynced, I was opening a safe and transferring items without any load time inbetween. Also I had already killed a player and he moved smoothly, and there was no delay with him dying when the bullets hit.

It is what it is man, I have been on a killing spree, loaded up, stuck in a animation of opening a door in a corner trying to fix it with no one around, then take damage and bang. . .  .dead.

The game has a lot of issue's. This is one of the biggest, It will get fixed. 

Just get used to losing high level kit and guns and move one. If you play enough you will be able to just buy it all again.
 

  1. Kill/Loot
  2. Sell stuff
  3. Buy new stuff 
  4. Lose stuff
  5. Repeat
Edited by Dominguez132
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dominguez132 said:

It is what it is man, I have been on a killing spree, loaded up, stuck in a animation of opening a door in a corner trying to fix it with no one around, then take damage and bang. . .  .dead.

The game has a lot of issue's. This is one of the biggest, It will get fixed. 

Just get used to losing high level kit and guns and move one. If you play enough you will be able to just buy it all again.
 

  1. Kill/Loot
  2. Sell stuff
  3. Buy new stuff 
  4. Lose stuff
  5. Repeat

I moved on. Twice. Read my replies on this thread, I'm about done now until the next patch, because frankly I can't break my heart further

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dominguez132
Just now, JoinDuty said:

I moved on. Twice. Read my replies on this thread, I'm about done now until the next patch, because frankly I can't break my heart further

Gotta man, I died 4 times last night with alpha rigs and decked out m4's and sig's. This morning i went on a killing spree on factory to try and recoup what was lost, axed a dude with a m4 a question, i won.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dominguez132 said:

Gotta man, I died 4 times last night with alpha rigs and decked out m4's and sig's. This morning i went on a killing spree on factory to try and recoup what was lost, axed a dude with a m4 a question, i won.

The thing is that every time I lost my gear, it was the first time I had a hold of them and didn't even get to take them out on a proper raid before some freak probability bug took them away

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JoinDuty said:

This is the last straw. I'm waiting for the wipe....

I had just gotten fully decked out, Night vision, modded AS Val with 4 mags all full of SP-6, Alpha Chestrig, Kiver, Fort, ComTac, Trizip, Grizzly. Want to know how I lost them? I put them on my character slots, then went to do a SCAV run. As I return from the scav run, all of the gear in my character slots is gone. All of it... I'm serious. I wish I understood what had happened. Initially I thought I just had an inventory lag, and that moving things to the slots would fix it, but nope. Restarting the game, nothing. All of it was gone. How am I supposed to gear up when I can't put my stuff into my character slots for a scav run knowing that the stuff remaining there isn't 100% reliably going to even remain there? The wipe comes soon, but still... I blew a load of money and like 20 hours in getting all of the stuff. This is getting ridiculous

This particularly rustled my jimmies. As far as I know, I'm the first one to report an issue with these symptoms. I had to rub my eyes with my jaw gaping to know if what I saw was real or not.

Edited by JoinDuty
Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a very interesting video with actual in-game testing of two screens with two different pings to show what desync ACTUALLY looks like.  So many people claiming hackers, etc. are just being told to shove off and accept it is desync, but if you've never seen it tested before, It's difficult to believe.  Have a look, hope it clears up some QQ.

I recommend watching the whole video but if you only want to see the demo of desync, skip to 5:25.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Strat said:

I found a very interesting video with actual in-game testing of two screens with two different pings to show what desync ACTUALLY looks like.  So many people claiming hackers, etc. are just being told to shove off and accept it is desync, but if you've never seen it tested before, It's difficult to believe.  Have a look, hope it clears up some QQ.

I recommend watching the whole video but if you only want to see the demo of desync, skip to 5:25.

 

Unless I had a desync of minutes, I don't know how it's possible to attribute what happened to me as lag. Thanks for the video.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened to me as well. While not exactly that description it was a similar scenario. I hope in future this kind of players are banned and no longer playing eft 

Link to post
Share on other sites
LordVIP3R

It is unfortunately a case of desync.

 

I have had it happen before and it'll show either no killer or MIA or something along those lines. It's just something we have to deal with as the game develops :P

It does suck, yes, but this is a game about loss, you're always gonna lose gear, legitimate or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.10.2017 at 12:41 AM, JoinDuty said:

This is the last straw. I'm waiting for the wipe....

I had just gotten fully decked out, Night vision, modded AS Val with 4 mags all full of SP-6, Alpha Chestrig, Kiver, Fort, ComTac, Trizip, Grizzly. Want to know how I lost them? I put them on my character slots, then went to do a SCAV run. As I return from the scav run, all of the gear in my character slots is gone. All of it... I'm serious. I wish I understood what had happened. Initially I thought I just had an inventory lag, and that moving things to the slots would fix it, but nope. Restarting the game, nothing. All of it was gone. How am I supposed to gear up when I can't put my stuff into my character slots for a scav run knowing that the stuff remaining there isn't 100% reliably going to even remain there? The wipe comes soon, but still... I blew a load of money and like 20 hours in getting all of the stuff. This is getting ridiculous

Came back to check my inv, and I noticed I had lost my Factory key. Now it's personal. Nobody takes my factory key, even if it's a strange inventory bug. Since then I already found myself a Fort off of a SCAV while building up Gold chains and luckily managed to buy an AS Val off of fence, getting the geiger counters is just a total pain though so I was glad I could shortcut it. Though, the mags are gonna be absolutely insufferable to get again because it means I need 3 filters. Aswell as that damn factory key... Nobody sells it to fence when it's convenient. Also I still miss the eyecup PSO I had on my VSS that you can't buy. I'm probably still going to lose that equipment somehow without even risking them like happened in quoted post.

Edited by JoinDuty
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...