One of the best Soviet/Russian weapon it is still in operation to this day it was also used in soviet afghan war i believe only handed to elite units and recon units back then there was only one unit called Spetsnaz GRU they still exist to day.

According to karden the former MVD Spetsnaz soldier the weapon is reliable and favored amongst its users this weapon sure does stand out from the rest first time seen the weapon in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series and fell in love with it ever since.

From my extensive research i can tell you this obtaining one is very rare you can only get it if your a special forces officer (Spetsnaz) chances of that happening is very slim i have been to Russia looked all over gun ranges and gun shops and etc i even asked around the answer was always the same obtaing one is nearly impossible according to some of the people in Russia. 

9x39 rifles are amazing i truly believe this is a very good platform for stealthy operations shame in EU/USA we dont have that kind of hardware to beat or even make.

Long live Russia you will always been known as master gun smiths.

Gorgeous weapon. One of my all time favorite guns.

I love its sleek profile. Looking forward to finding and building some in the alpha! :)

On 06/18/2016 at 3:06 PM, Patfast said:

Oh, forgot to ask something important in my original post - how many mods will be available for the Val? Foregrips? Stocks? Lasers? Anything like these?

0c996d27cc087075b4b38b7e0acf3e5f.jpg

acf_s_custom_as_val_by_thantosedge-d8qae

8TQn0zm.jpg?1

Same thing, but with more attachments options?

I really hope the devs don't make the AS Val as overpowered as in every other game. It's really not that powerful IRL.

On 6/14/2016 at 0:51 PM, j4ckdaniel07 said:

How big is the diffrence between being shot by an AKM and As Val

The AS VAL fires rounds similar in energy  to a .45 ACP SMG, so imagine a Thompson or UMP-45 with longer bullets.

On 8/4/2016 at 5:21 AM, OVKJR said:

BF4 made it OP

It really is. Same with BF3 too, crazy overpowered at anything but extreme long range.

On 04/08/2016 at 10:21 PM, OVKJR said:

BF4 made it OP

Wasn't nearly as good in BF4 as it was in BF3.  It was my main weapon for ages in 3 before they nerfed it by taking out the extended mags.

On 8/6/2016 at 4:36 PM, S4R1N said:

Wasn't nearly as good in BF4 as it was in BF3.  It was my main weapon for ages in 3 before they nerfed it by taking out the extended mags.

Vintorez vs AEK-971 vs G3A3, basically. It shouldn't beat an assault rifle in EFT. Better suppression, more effect than an SMG. That's it.

2 hours ago, dr_cannibalism said:

It's not particularly OP in either BF if you're playing hardcore mode.

Hated hardcore mode, personally. Was really cheap for snipers and not being able to tell how many mags you had was absolutely moronic.

Personally, I absolutely love HC mode. I freely admit there have been some really daft decisions made in it (the mag count you mentioned and not having a compass), but overall I feel like it's the better mode. Less people rambo'ing in, no magic health regen, no magic vehicle repairing, no 3D spotting rubbish. TBH, I feel like if someone able to tag me with a sniper round at range, they probably deserve that kill. Plus, if they're being an aggressive recon and using it in CQB (have used the GOL Magnum with a red dot more than once, hah), they pretty much have only one shot to hit you, otherwise they're kind of stuffed.

A Vintorez/Val (and even the Vikhr) shouldn't always lose to an assault rifle, as it depends on more than just the class of weapon. Ammunition used, range, RoF, user accuracy, body armour, all of these play a part. I'd like to hope the game is a bit more dynamic than "rock beats scissors", unless there's a situation present where rock really does beat scissors E.G. I lose a 300m+ gunfight because I'm carrying a 9mm SMG and my opponent has an SV-98.

15 minutes ago, Sushi said:

Vintorez vs AEK-971 vs G3A3, basically. It shouldn't beat an assault rifle in EFT. Better suppression, more effect than an SMG. That's it.

Hated hardcore mode, personally. Was really cheap for snipers and not being able to tell how many mags you had was absolutely moronic.

1:  Vintorez? You mean the VAL right?  The 9x39 SP-6 rounds are designed to penetrate 8mm of armor up to 300-400 meters while also being suppressed.   Also, guns don't beat other guns, guns beat armor and having a 900rpm cyclic rate with subsonic, suppressed, AP rounds it going to give the advantage to the VAL....  lol

2: Well, cheap for snipers if you run in the open a lot,  good players would adapt, counter-snipe or use smoke.   I'm used to ARMA so, hardcore is pretty easy for me.  Also if you've played enough you should already be counting your shots anyway haha.

Just now, S4R1N said:

1:  Vintorez? You mean the VAL right?  The 9x39 SP-6 rounds are designed to penetrate 8mm of armor up to 300-400 meters while also being suppressed.   Also, guns don't beat other guns, guns beat armor and having a 900rpm cyclic rate with subsonic, suppressed, AP rounds it going to give the advantage to the VAL....  lol

2: Well, cheap for snipers if you run in the open a lot,  good players would adapt, counter-snipe or use smoke.   I'm used to ARMA so, hardcore is pretty easy for me.  Also if you've played enough you should already be counting your shots anyway haha.

Yeah, VAL. My bad. They're very similar weapons and I get them mixed up quite a bit, since they're both select fire and roughly similar shape.

I'm worried it'll be like BF3, where it had absolutely minimal damage decay (like 10% from close range to max range) or like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it had more penetration than the 7.62x54r cartridges.

9x39mm SP-6 has about the same muzzle energy as a .45 ACP fired from an SMG, firing bullets about the same weight (250 grn vs 230) at around 900 FPS. In that sense it's just about the same as .300 Blackout  subsonic loads (220 grn .308 bullets at 900 FPS~) — good cartridges for suppressor use due to their increased weight, but with severe drop at long ranges, and an armor penetration far outclassed by standard assault rifles and battle rifles firing similar cartridges.

Hence my comment that it should be inferior to a normal assault rifle in every niche except subsonic, suppressed use. When its outside the niche of close-range work, it's harder to hit with the 9x39 due to dramatic drop-off. Pretty much, the VSS / AS VAL with standard ammo should have similar penetration to an SMG firing AP ammo, but with better energy retention over range.

So SMG < VAL < Rifle

8 minutes ago, S4R1N said:

I played mostly tank so the sniper thing wasn't a big deal, it's just not as good of a mechanic as in RO2, Insurgency or another game where the rifles are effective counters to sniper rifles and there's no artificial gimping damage / bullet drop. A SCAR-H can't kill with one shot to the chest but a bolt-action can because lol.

Not the rounds fired in your gun, I meant how many reloads you're actually carrying. The moment you use a resupply crate it gets really stupid that you can't tell how much spare ammo you have until your gun goes click click since there's no inventory interface. That's an example of 'hardcore' done very wrong.

IIRC, the only real differences between the Val and the Vintorez is the furniture and the role they're primarily used in, otherwise they're the same weapon. I believe it is the Vikhr that is slightly different and parts that can't be interchanged with the rest.

Edited by dr_cannibalism
Grammar
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, notaton said:

Will the rounds be subsonic? 

Is there even a clap to supersonic rounds in this? 

I like hotdogs. and taters

Don't know about in-game but the real VSS ad the AS VAL both fire the SP-5 (ball) and SP-6 (armor piercing) which are both subsonic. Other more modern weapons use this ammunition too.

Short story: the SP-5 and 6 are based on the 7.62x39mm but "converted" into a 9mm round and shaped for the purpose (powerful accurate silent shots up to 400m). This is perfect for scouts/infiltration.