RoboChris

Character moves on his own when loaded into game and doesn't stop. This an in-game bug?

RoboChris

(Realized I posted this in the wrong section so I deleted it and reposted it here.)

Right when I load into the game my character moves on its own between forward and left and also aims straight up. When I try to take control I can cancel the movement but still can't take full control of my character. Is this an in-game bug and if not what can it possibly be?

Davey5160

By chance do you have a controller, joystick of some other input device plugged in when playing? 

Edited by Davey5160
If so try removing them from your system and try again.
  • Hot 1

Psykotik556
8 minutes ago, Davey5160 said:

By chance do you have a controller, joystick of some other input device plugged in when playing? 

Unplug everything from your tower that isnt your monitor and only plug in the mouse and keyboard (memory devices too) but your problem is most likely some other input device, like a wireless controller.

RoboChris
4 hours ago, Davey5160 said:

No I'm not using a controller. And my first instinct was to troubleshoot by doing just that. I discounted everything and it still did it. I tried a different keyboard and mouse and still nothing. I have no idea if its my PC or the game. I have never had such an issue before. I was even just playing other games before and after and it didn't do it to me then.

3 hours ago, Psykotik556 said:

Unplug everything from your tower that isnt your monitor and only plug in the mouse and keyboard (memory devices too) but your problem is most likely some other input device, like a wireless controller.

I had already done all that and didn't make a difference.

Psykotik556

Maybe something is wrong with your keyboard and mouse, if these things are old and well used then its possible that your tracking laser in your mouse is bad and your keys are probably sticky, replace your mouse and keyboard.

necuja

What keyboard and mouse do you have? And do they have any drivers to update

RoboChris
18 hours ago, Psykotik556 said:

Maybe something is wrong with your keyboard and mouse, if these things are old and well used then its possible that your tracking laser in your mouse is bad and your keys are probably sticky, replace your mouse and keyboard.

I tried a different set of keyboard and mouse. And it still does it when nothing is connected, just power, ethernet, and video cables.

15 hours ago, necuja said:

What keyboard and mouse do you have? And do they have any drivers to update

I have a Corsair k70 and Sabre and Corsair Cue and the hardware firmware are up to date.

15 hours ago, Exoskeleton said:

what about a wheeler ?

What is a wheeler?

Edited by sniperkill50

Eaz

This happened to me this morning, never happened before.

My pre-work scav round and scav was constantly strafing to the right.

icontheking

I got that problem when my Eyetracker is connected.

RoboChris
On 10/26/2017 at 7:03 AM, Eaz said:

This happened to me this morning, never happened before.

My pre-work scav round and scav was constantly strafing to the right.

Were you able to fix it?