Unkillable Player

Was on Shoreline last night and saw a PMC out on the island; the one you get to by crossing over on a beached ship.  Went high up so I could see most of the PMCs return path back over the ship.  Sure enough, got a few good shots into him, but he managed to make it into the wheelhouse near the beachside, alive.  

Waited for 10 mins, but saw no movement.  Moved up, with covering support from my battle budies, and peeked in through a portal. 

Sure enough, he was lying down, with gun pointed at wheelhouse door.  Pumped about 30 rounds into him, his body jerking with every shot, but he didn't die!  Pumped a few more, nothing.  Went inside to see if he was lootable (meaning dead), but no go.  Buddy shot a bunch more and tossed grenade, still nothing.

I've seen desynch cause this for short time, (seconds), but we were there for at least 5 minutes.

Is there a known glitch that allows a player to do this?  Please don't post here -how- it's done if you do know.  

If there is, hope that developers are aware of and fixing. 

For giggles, here's my view for those 10 minutes.  Blood splats on the far ship wall where I tagged him, lol.

20BE31ABCFAB5868941272B00A0D0099C3553872

Spoiler
Spoiler

MikeVSevildead

I was watching a stream and this happened. The PMC was prone but moving at sprinting speeds. It was by the checkpoint on Customs. My buddy (who was streaming) chased him around a corner to find him just laying there. He just about dumped an M4 mag into the dude and nothing. You could visibly see the PMC flinching from the shots and hear the impact of the bullets hit the player model.

Needless to say, he killed my friend.

In the case of your friends situation, I have been the unkillabe one.  Happened in factory quite awhile ago, leg injured and doing the slow walk to the normal exit.  Guy was shooting shotgun, to no effect while everthing else was transporting back and forth.  He ran up to the exit, blocking it while unloading into my face.  Had no choice, so I decided to shoot.  He dead.  Yeah, I looted him.  What can I say.

In this guys case, it was a good 10 to 15 minutes after I last shot him before we got to him.   He was just gone from his body. 

Pocketlite20
39 minutes ago, necuja said:

@DREADDMAN this is a bug for sure, people find a situation they can't win and exploit a certain thing to avoid being killed..

Hey Necuja,

I've heard from some fellow players that very occasionally some players spawn in with a glitch/bug. This glitch causes them to be invincible. Some players do not know that they have this while others actively pursue these unfair advantages. Is this true?

5 minutes ago, Pocketlite20 said:

Hey Necuja,

I've heard from some fellow players that very occasionally some players spawn in with a glitch/bug. This glitch causes them to be invincible. Some players do not know that they have this while others actively pursue these unfair advantages. Is this true?

Cannot truly say, if they are they need to make a support ticket for the devs to look at