EFT Planned Structure?

holdenmcclure

holdenmcclure

I apologize in advance if I'm asking redundant questions, but know that I've tried to seek out information by myself and it's somewhat sparse and hard to keep track of, so bear with me.

What I've gleaned from the information/PDF documents regarding this game's story are as follows, in summary:

• Tarkov is established as a tax haven to promote business growth in the country and build a gas pipeline.
  • Terra Group establishes a business (what kind of business I don't know), and at a later point is accused of corruption (what kind of corruption I'm also unaware of)
  • Pressure mounts on local authorities to investigate corruption allegations
  • Terra Group hires USEC as a private military contractor to stop investigations??? (Kill anyone on premises??? Threaten local authorities???)
  • Russian Government allegedly forms BEAR in secret to fight against USEC and continue investigation efforts
  • Conflict escalates to the point where Russian government seals borders and places import/export embargo, turning Tarkov into a desolate environment where resources are scarce
  • "Scav" groups form, being a catch all phrase for people who were within the borders before they were sealed off, and are either not a part of the USEC/BEAR conflict, or have abandoned their PMC roles. 

So with that information in mind, my main questions are as follows: Is there any official information about what kind of corruption was going on at Terra group? What does Terra group actually do? Are they involved in the gas pipeline? Why is the main theme of the game "escape" from Tarkov when the story seems to indicate the PMC's have a clear defined role within Tarkov? Is any of this supposed to be mysterious and/or unveiled through the natural progression of the release game?

Now some questions from a gameplay structure perspective:

• The game is currently segmented into levels and two time zones that can be chosen at your own convenience. Is the plan for the full release of the game to have them segmented in such a way that you approach them linearly or in branching paths? How will that effect backtracking, IE will you be able to enter and exit previously traversed levels at your own will or will you need to travel back to them the same way you entered them?
  • On that note, will there be extraction zones added on either side of the map, to allow backtracking or returning to prior levels?
  • Will different extractions on each map lead to different branching paths, or will simply exiting from the other side of the map just open up the branched paths automatically? I'm sorry if the wording I'm using here is confusing.
  • Will there be player hubs with physical traders in between levels? I saw some promotional art of areas that looked like hub zones for traders and weapon stashes, am I correct in that that's what they're supposed to represent?
  • Will there be a player hub in between each level extraction, or will you simply return to one primary hub and/or menu in between each level? Will there be unique traders in every one of these locations?
  • At the current moment there's no gameplay difference between BEARS and USEC that I'm aware of, how do the developers intend for this faction choice to play out in the final product? Will it be something akin to the faction wars element in STALKER CS Swamps? Will traitors be relegated to Scavs? Will Scavs be an actual faction you can create a character for? Etc.
  • Aside from BEARS and USEC being hostile to one another, will their different goals affect other gameplay elements, perhaps BEARS attempting to steal documents and the like while USEC defends them?

I understand this is a lot to chew on, but I'd like to form a coherent summary of the game's plans not only for my own information but for a nice resource for other people interested in the game's story to have a decent summary to sink their teeth into. 

• Upvote 1
CptBluemax

At least this guy did more research than most.You are bang on about USEC and BEAR , and the conflict is going to play out even more during EfT , we even band together at some points story wise.

Many things are open to change atm , but the core is 3 main modes.

Raids (separate maps like we have now with a time limit) , free roam (all maps connected together as one with no time limit and hopefully 64 players) and then Arena , like small deathmatch style games.

USEC and BEAR have 5 unique skills each , and aside from that down the road with the DLCs we may have faction specific main story lines , even with the current lore etc I am very tied to BEAR.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
holdenmcclure
40 minutes ago, CptBluemax said:

At least this guy did more research than most.You are bang on about USEC and BEAR , and the conflict is going to play out even more during EfT , we even band together at some points story wise.

Many things are open to change atm , but the core is 3 main modes.

Raids (separate maps like we have now with a time limit) , free roam (all maps connected together as one with no time limit and hopefully 64 players) and then Arena , like small deathmatch style games.

USEC and BEAR have 5 unique skills each , and aside from that down the road with the DLCs we may have faction specific main story lines , even with the current lore etc I am very tied to BEAR.

I see, this is helpful. Thanks, but are they really planning on connecting all of the maps into one map for freeplay? Given how much struggle they're having with optimization of the current maps I find that hard to imagine, but if they could get it working then I'd be very happy. 

@holdenmcclure to your in game questions, the devs plan to have the raid maps unlock in a specific order to keep a storyline based timeline. 

As we progress the tasks will become more involved with discovering the actual story and how things came to be. 

I do not recall reading anything that hinted towards unlocking raids in a different order, this is an interesting idea though.

Most of this bluemax helped to cover, but in the end you will do the 10 raid maps seperately. Upon completion you unlock free roam which is every map put together. They plan to achieve this through better optimization, and utilizing feature that only puts demand on what's actually in front of the player at the time.

Lastly, it's off base of everything but there will be an arena mode, which will utilize pvp elements

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
holdenmcclure
8 minutes ago, necuja said:

@holdenmcclure to your in game questions, the devs plan to have the raid maps unlock in a specific order to keep a storyline based timeline. 

As we progress the tasks will become more involved with discovering the actual story and how things came to be. 

I do not recall reading anything that hinted towards unlocking raids in a different order, this is an interesting idea though.

Most of this bluemax helped to cover, but in the end you will do the 10 raid maps seperately. Upon completion you unlock free roam which is every map put together. They plan to achieve this through better optimization, and utilizing feature that only puts demand on what's actually in front of the player at the time.

Lastly, it's off base of everything but there will be an arena mode, which will utilize pvp elements

Excellent, thank you very much for your response.