clorox5L

Stomach dehydration is game breaking

clorox5L

Whats the point in having medkits that run out after healing twice with them if youre going to hit 0/100 hydration and die 30 seconds later. it's ridiculous how futile it is to go on raids at the moment. is this a bug or an intended feature because if its a feature it's awful.

K3OS

I think it's a bug. MedKits should not make your hydration drop.

SirBorderes

It happened the same to me, I get my stomach destroy and while I was healing my hydration goes from 95 to 0 in almost 7 seconds...

• Upvote 1

Ang3vil

We are not able to drink anymore when our stomach it's destroyed, it's a good idea. But I thought they will remove the "fast" deshydration system ! So now when our stomach is destroyed we can just defend our dead body ...

invisible_holes_001_7908.png

Awake
12 hours ago, K3OS said:

I think it's a bug. MedKits should not make your hydration drop.

I'm pretty sure that it's a feature, I once read about it before. But I guess it's not really fine tuned. The first aid system is still not perfect and sometimes far from reality.

K3OS
9 minutes ago, Awake said:

I'm pretty sure that it's a feature, I once read about it before. But I guess it's not really fine tuned. The first aid system is still not perfect and sometimes far from reality.

No I'm pretty confident I read @necuja stating that's not the intended behavior. Meds dropping hydration to 0 is stupid.

DannyB

The current way at which you are affected if you lose your stomach is brutal, unless you are within 50 or so metres of the escape you will not make it out.

Edited by DannyB

necuja

if your stomache is destroyed you will not be able to drink.. hydration dropping due to using meds is not intended. make a support ticket with details

calbroxup

I was literally just in a raid, I got shot once in my stomach, healed and was fine. Then i start bleeding randomly, bandage my stomach again but it doens't stop the bleeding, suddenly all of my limbs are diminishing to 0 at super speed and within 5 seconds I'm dead. what the duck!

Trolliver

The OP never said anything about meds dropping his hydration. his hydration drops because his stomach is destroyed. as long as u always take a pineapple juice into the raid u should always be able to make it out.

BESK

https://www.nairaland.com/1460146/dont-drink-water-bleeding-injury

So obviously, if you drink, then you should die faster.

"If you give such people water it's equivalent to mopping away all the remaining blood that would have sustained them for a while.You could as well as slaughter them than give water.PLEASE DONT GIVE WATER TO AN ACCIDENT/INJURED VICTIM CRYING OF THIRST."

KUKOJS
On 10/28/2017 at 8:24 AM, clorox5L said:

Whats the point in having medkits that run out after healing twice with them if youre going to hit 0/100 hydration and die 30 seconds later. it's ridiculous how futile it is to go on raids at the moment. is this a bug or an intended feature because if its a feature it's awful.

its a bug - if your stomach gets blacked out it should dehydrate you at twice the speed of normal dehydration (not a few seconds as others have stated) plus if you have a blacked out stomach you can still drink and it will work like normal just dehydrate faster and meds also shouldnt dehydrate you.

Just always take a bottle of water with you and you shouldnt die of thirst unless you are stuck.

You should report the bug (you can report through the launcher too)

• Upvote 1

RageFu
On 10/28/2017 at 3:24 AM, clorox5L said:

I believe is intended. Next time don`t use meds, use water.

• Like 1

darkracer125
On 11/3/2018 at 9:16 AM, BESK said:

https://www.nairaland.com/1460146/dont-drink-water-bleeding-injury

So obviously, if you drink, then you should die faster.

"If you give such people water it's equivalent to mopping away all the remaining blood that would have sustained them for a while.You could as well as slaughter them than give water.PLEASE DONT GIVE WATER TO AN ACCIDENT/INJURED VICTIM CRYING OF THIRST."

this is a verry old comment and i assume also a verry old link.  but it is the freaking most redicullous thing i have heard ever in my entire goddamn life.  

example why.

"omg he is injured and bleeding from his leg.   i better not give him any water if he is thirsty.  he will die if i give him water" (because you take it out of context)  

not to mention that unless he is his in a verry specific area none of this freaking matters. 

idiots like you should not be allowed outside.  let alone near other people.    do everyone a favor  and NEVER EVER!!! give anyone first aid. they are better off without it.  

• Sad 1

GlomeRoaming
4 minutes ago, darkracer125 said:

this is a verry old comment and i assume also a verry old link.  but it is the freaking most redicullous thing i have heard ever in my entire goddamn life.  

example why.

"omg he is injured and bleeding from his leg.   i better not give him any water if he is thirsty.  he will die if i give him water" (because you take it out of context)  

not to mention that unless he is his in a verry specific area none of this freaking matters. 

idiots like you should not be allowed outside.  let alone near other people.    do everyone a favor  and NEVER EVER!!! give anyone first aid. they are better off without it.  

He correct, you don't give water to someone in danger of bleeding out.  Get educated.

BESK
On 7/6/2020 at 8:56 PM, darkracer125 said:

example why.

Wow, a grave digger. It seems that someone forgot to turn off the internet at your group home. 

The discussion back then was around the logic of giving someone water with their stomach blackened (internal bleedings).

traumacode

Just remove the feature....if we are going for "realism" here, it takes 30 days to die of dehydration and 7 days to die of starvation.  Even if someone shot a hole in someone's stomach or small intestine IRL, it takes 6 hours before you even get septic and a few days before you die from septic shock progression.  It's a useless feature to have someone die from it in a few minutes in a raid.  Make it so your vision gets blurry, or you get hypoglycemic shakes or something like that.  But the way it is now, silly.

BanditMaka

Damn, we have cms and surv12's now, medding has always been the most forgiving aspect of this game, and y'all still complaining?

BanditMaka
On 10/28/2017 at 7:16 PM, necuja said:

if your stomache is destroyed you will not be able to drink.. hydration dropping due to using meds is not intended. make a support ticket with details

A bunch of "meds" (https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Medical) in game will kill your hydration, but yea the "medkits" (https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Category:Medkits) shouldn't.

Carro_Veloce

It's like you guys are using a cms to revive this dead post 

darkracer125
On 7/6/2020 at 9:01 PM, GlomeRoaming said:

He correct, you don't give water to someone in danger of bleeding out.  Get educated.

he did not say it right.  it only makes sence with the context here.  it's the page he linked to that i had a problem with

if someone is for example bleeding out in the leg.  GIVING WATER DOES NOTHING other then quench their thirst.   

i know the context here is stomach but in that article nothing even remotely suggests the context of stomach. he just mentiones a gun shot wound.   and a shot in the main artery in the leg is bleeding out.   there is absolutely no way in the slightest that drinking water is dangerous in that situation.   and thinking it is dangerous, is plain stupidity.  

only with a shot to the torso, there is a SLIGHT chance. that drinking water can speed up the person dying.  just incase the wrong organ was hit.  and because of that small chance you are not allowed to give them water because you don't know what was hit.  

i just had a problem with that distinction not being made in the article.    it's only dangerous with a body shot.  if you got shot in the limbs it's not dangerous to drink water.  

GhostZ69
On 7/10/2020 at 10:11 AM, traumacode said:

Just remove the feature....if we are going for "realism" here, it takes 30 days to die of dehydration and 7 days to die of starvation.  Even if someone shot a hole in someone's stomach or small intestine IRL, it takes 6 hours before you even get septic and a few days before you die from septic shock progression.  It's a useless feature to have someone die from it in a few minutes in a raid.  Make it so your vision gets blurry, or you get hypoglycemic shakes or something like that.  But the way it is now, silly.

I assume you mean 3 days to die of dehydration and 30 for starvation?  Because what you said is WAY off.