TovarischKang

"Optimization of RAM"

TovarischKang

Patch notes says that ram usage will be optimized. I was hoping that with 8gb of ram, I would finally be able to play maps other than factory after the patch came out... buuuuutttttt NO! I'm still stuttering/freezing in customs, woods, and shoreline. Factory is still the only map i can play flawlessly. Is anybody else still having this problem? Should i just upgrade to 16gb of ram or can the stuttering/freezing somehow be fixed?
Specs: R9 390
            i5 6600k @ 4.3hz
           8gb RAM 2133hz

• Like 1

Ubeen

im playing in australia fine with 24gb of ram. at most im using 10gb of ram while on customs. i5 3570 4.1ghz  gtx 970 24gb of ram

Edited by Ubeen

M4rc84

Yes, same over here 8Gb RAM and still stuttering/freezing. At this point i am really thinking about moving on to another game, factory is sooo boring and now with the wipe i can´t even do the quests...  

• Upvote 1

Nosferatu87

While optimization will help, i'll be upgrading to 16 or 32gb of ram, it just makes sense. Should have gone with 16 when i bought my rig. 

bl0h00

Same here, but after patch, Factory is also stuttering. 100% RAM usage and from time to time also ~90% cpu usage.
8gb ram and gtx 970

• Thanks 1

Michaeljock

I was using 8Gb and the game was perfectly playable. Only slight stuttering, but not often on any maps. The game was not unplayable by any stretch. I did upgrade to 16Gb in the end though.

Awake

Playing on a laptop with 8gb RAM. Before the patch the only problem I had were some lagg spikes from time to time (maybe 1 in 5-10 minutes) and a laggy first minute in customs, afterwards it's fine. Everything was playable. Since the patch I dont have the problem with the laggy first minute in customs anymore so regarding RAM usage I think they really changes something.

RangerEvans

I was in the same boat before the patch. I couldn't play at all except on factory. However I have played about 5 hours and on all of the maps and have no issues at all. I have a i5, 8gb ram and gtx 760 playing on high settings and the game is running great. I'm sorry some you guys still have problems that's a bummer for sure.

FlarmBlarg

You are all closing ANY and ALL background apps that you do not need correct? chrome uses a lot so something may be conflicting.. But more and more games require more RAM so you're all better off saving money for a month and upgrading to 16 or 32

TovarischKang
2 hours ago, RangerEvans said:

I was in the same boat before the patch. I couldn't play at all except on factory. However I have played about 5 hours and on all of the maps and have no issues at all. I have a i5, 8gb ram and gtx 760 playing on high settings and the game is running great. I'm sorry some you guys still have problems that's a bummer for sure.

do you run dual channel? i run a single stick and im thinking that may a factor.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo

8gb dual channel here.

Last night Customs was semi-playable. 

Im hopeful that in the next few days things will improve.

If not... I just may need to buy a new pair. :bemaybe:

RangerEvans
18 hours ago, TovarischKang said:

do you run dual channel? i run a single stick and im thinking that may a factor.

Yes I do. I have two 4gb sticks.

Deadmode

Remember guys, this is an unfinished and unoptimised game. Even though they have improved RAM optimisation, it's still not fully there. Even when the game releases, it will still require a good chunk of RAM. 

This is a demanding game in all areas, coupled with it being unfinished. Having 16GB of RAM is pretty much a standard for gaming rigs nowadays too, so you should look towards getting more RAM if you want to keep your gaming rig current.

freeviruzdotorg

16 gb ram and gtx 760 2 gb graphics card

upgraded

32 gb ram, and gtx 1070 8gb graphics card and i run 60 fps, THANK GOODNESS! but i have no more problems after upgrading gpu

EDIT was 20-25 fps before now getting 60+fps flawlessly, no problems

Edited by mastersergant128

itsWildstyl3

Ryzen 1700X 

Radeon RX 480

24 GB DDR4

Very short occasionally lag spikes, not as bad as it used to be when I had 8gb. I used to stutter all the time on 8gb, couldn't play shoreline, runs now.

rix5

Buy some ram, dude. It's 2017. You need it anyways.

TovarischKang
On 10/28/2017 at 3:32 AM, TovarischKang said:

Patch notes says that ram usage will be optimized. I was hoping that with 8gb of ram, I would finally be able to play maps other than factory after the patch came out... buuuuutttttt NO! I'm still stuttering/freezing in customs, woods, and shoreline. Factory is still the only map i can play flawlessly. Is anybody else still having this problem? Should i just upgrade to 16gb of ram or can the stuttering/freezing somehow be fixed?
Specs: R9 390
            i5 6600k @ 4.3hz
           8gb RAM 2133hz

*UPDATE* I played customs and woods last night and it seems to be fine now. I'm not sure if it's because there's less people playing in like 12am and so on, the devs optimized RAM over night, or because i turned off chrom. aberration but it seems to be working now :D. 

louisstelter

gut the same problem. i got 8gb ram, a gtx 970 and an i5 4690k. ram is overloadet to 97%. pls help.

Deadmode
1 hour ago, MILFHunter said:

gut the same problem. i got 8gb ram, a gtx 970 and an i5 4690k. ram is overloadet to 97%. pls help.

Buy more RAM

louisstelter
vor 27 Minuten schrieb Deadmode:

Buy more RAM

Give me 60€. I can give you my Paypal Name :)

Your_Moms_Gyno

If you're not sitting around 12GB RAM you're doing it wrong.

TovarischKang
10 hours ago, MILFHunter said:

There are people out there with 8gb of ram and still run the game flawlessly. Before you play the game, close all programs that you're not gonna use, especially google chrome. Also, go to your task manager and click "end task" on programs that are taking up too much ram. Hope it helps. 

And turn off chrom. aberration in the graphics settings.

Edited by TovarischKang

Fid0

i have the same problem... i still have ram issues after patch, and idk how to fix it.

build.png

gear69

Use process lasso and increase pagein file if u have an SSD to like min 10gb max 20gb.
And u are good too go. On process lasso on the cpu setting check the thing that saiys only physical core.

Braindead911

I expect that people with 8Gb of RAM will find themselves having trouble in more and more games in the next year or two. Even in fully optimised* released versions, let alone betas.
8Gb is low by todays standards, 16 is the norm for most newer systems. 32 for highend PCs. And games that aim for a higher level of realism like Tarkov are notorious for high hardware requirements.

While I absolutely agree that Tarkov still has a long way to go as far as optimisation goes (16Gb RAM at least has to run completely smoothly later on), anyone trying to run it with 8Gb shouldn't get their hopes up for flawless performance. You're attempting to run a new game on below average hardware after all.

*edit: as fully optimised as release versions tend to be anyway. Which isnt saying much to be fair.

Edited by Braindead911