Enter-able Buildings

zacher29

So far from the footage released it seams that a large majority of the map will be covered in enter-able buildings, this is in every way awesome. But we have seen from the past how certain games, mainly DayZ, claims to have many enter-able buildings, which in a sense they do, albeit it copy and pasted one or two room buildings. Now i was just wondering if we would have tall apartment complexes, suburbs, farms, inner city, rooftops, and industrial regions all enter-able, or at least  a majority of buildings enter-able. If this is the case, combined with what the game play looks as of now, this would be a game completely worth $60.

Yeah, im hoping for having plenty of building to enter and doors to breach or open. I want to be able to enter a 5 story building and search through every room in there for things to loot. Maybe find the keys for one building in an entire other house, that eventually goes to that one room or locked box in one of the 20 rooms in one building. Be thorough with your search or miss out on hidden gear.

• Upvote 1
Alpha-30k

This would be VERY cool, but realistically I don't think they are going to pull the DayZ apartments approach. Maybe with a landmark building or too, but I doubt they will do that with many buildings at all. Then again, who knows? The game has been in development for years now.

• Upvote 1

Not every building is going to be enter-able however from what we have seen so far its seems that a vast majority will be. This game is shaping up to stomp every other game of its type out of the water and will hopefully set a new standard with open world multiplayer games.

• Upvote 1
ithompsoni

I wont be too disappointed if all buildings aren't enter-able, though they shouldn't break the immersion by just sticking non-interactive doors and non-see through windows on buildings, make the entrances blocked by things, like rubble for instance. If doors can be kicked down and locks can be shot, then they cant use these ''dayz'' facades on out of bounds buildings.

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Arngrim said:

Yeah, im hoping for having plenty of building to enter and doors to breach or open. I want to be able to enter a 5 story building and search through every room in there for things to loot. Maybe find the keys for one building in an entire other house, that eventually goes to that one room or locked box in one of the 20 rooms in one building. Be thorough with your search or miss out on hidden gear.

This is exactly what I would want to do with this game, especially with the door opening/aiming mechanic that they have showcased in one of the trailers. Although I wouldnt be disappointing if not EVERY building would be enter able, as thats understandable, but the majority would be nice.

6 hours ago, ithompsoni said:

I wont be too disappointed if all buildings aren't enter-able, though they shouldn't break the immersion by just sticking non-interactive doors and non-see through windows on buildings, make the entrances blocked by things, like rubble for instance. If doors can be kicked down and locks can be shot, then they cant use these ''dayz'' facades on out of bounds buildings.

Agreed, they way other games tend to do it breaks immersion which in this type of game is very nice.

Yes, i'm not expecting every house to be enterable, but if they aren't at least have a viable reason, it could be to destroyed inside, or to much stuff blocking the entrance, showing that it's a building you can ignore.

9 minutes ago, Arngrim said:

Yes, i'm not expecting every house to be enterable, but if they aren't at least have a viable reason, it could be to destroyed inside, or to much stuff blocking the entrance, showing that it's a building you can ignore.

Exactly what I was thinking, atleast make it obvious that it cant be entered and not just have a door that cant b opened.

I suspect that that they will most likely incorporate all of them, Locked doors so you cannot enter, debris in front of the door and maybe even police tape across the door so you know its not enter-able. 

ithompsoni
16 hours ago, Talmer said:

I suspect that that they will most likely incorporate all of them, Locked doors so you cannot enter, debris in front of the door and maybe even police tape across the door so you know its not enter-able. 

That's the problem though, if it was only police tape blocking the entrance, that sure as hell wouldn't stop me from entering the building xD If they are going down the ultra realistic route then the entrances need to be realistically blocked off. :)

Recontiger94
On 1/18/2016 at 8:16 PM, zacher29 said:

But we have seen from the past how certain games

Another instance is Fallout 4. About half of the buildings in my experience were enter-able, when they claimed in press videos that a majority would be. I mean, I guess if 51% were, that is technically "a majority"

Nether actually did a pretty nice job making practically every building enterable, with some as high as 15 stories to explore. Granted, not every room had loot, but the view from the rooftops helped look for enemies....hope they do this here!

1 hour ago, ithompsoni said:

That's the problem though, if it was only police tape blocking the entrance, that sure as hell wouldn't stop me from entering the building xD If they are going down the ultra realistic route then the entrances need to be realistically blocked off. :)

Tarkov is in anarchy. Police tape would be like an invite, please, do come in. We have loot. :D