Karuma

Regarding the current meta of loading magazines during raids.

Regarding the current meta of loading magazines during raids.  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the current meta of bringing ammo and two magazines to raid?

• It's pure powerplay and breaks the realism of the game
    • It makes the gameplay smoother and works okay
    • Not a big issue to take attention to
  2. 2. How should the mechanics regarding the subject be changed?

• Make bullets weigh more affecting your movement and turn speed
    • Add a loading animation and increase the time of loading the magazine
    • Make bullets take more space, limiting the amount that can be taken to the raid
    • Other nerf
    • No changes needed
  3. 3. Rate this poll

• Options are too specific and I can't relate to them
    • Meh
    • Allthough the nature of polls is inherently cancerous, this poll gave me hope for the better and brought me back to my christian faith. 5/5 would vote again.

TechoverMana

I'm all for adding an animation where you need to manually reload each bullet in a magazine if you go that route. I say on average, like 1 bullet per second, so it'd be a 30 second delay in a fire fight I'm sure most wouldn't want to deal with, and thus they'd bring the extra magazines preloaded, ready to go.

ataros

If they bring in IRL loading times they should bring in IRL stopping power, i.e. 1-3 hits to kill or immobilize a target completely. Otherwise ammo consumption is unrealistically high.

Edited by ataros

DarkSoldier
1 hour ago, TechoverMana said:

I'm all for adding an animation where you need to manually reload each bullet in a magazine if you go that route. I say on average, like 1 bullet per second, so it'd be a 30 second delay in a fire fight I'm sure most wouldn't want to deal with, and thus they'd bring the extra magazines preloaded, ready to go.

Animation isn't necassery, we don't have one for meds just need a progress bar. Animations will just mean Devs need to spend time on the less important aspects of the game, I'm sure a progress bar wouldn't be to time consuming within the coding of the game.

• Like 1

DarkSoldier
4 minutes ago, ataros said:

If they bring in IRL loading times they should bring in IRL stopping power, i.e. 1-3 hits to kill or immobilize a target completely. Otherwise ammo consumption is unrealistically high.

Are we playing the same game? Make sure your using the best ammo you can for your weapons, last I checked it was 3 shots centre mass. UNLESS they have paca or fort. BUT the new AKM shreds fort armour*

DarkSoldier

kiver and fort can take a few 5.56 but 7.62 ak ammo is just grim. You black out someone's stomach they might as well shoot them self in the head, they ain't going anywhere! Blacked out stomach prevents you from eating food and water. Meaning your going to die of dehydration. Be smart about your targets. If your shooting someone with fort and kiver and you have a MPX 9mm your can't complain that they don't die with 3 bullets. Same goes with 5.56 aks, 5-8 shots depending on hit region. Head is a 1 shot with 7.62+ and a 2 shot I believe with 5.56 if they have kiver.

Edited by DarkSoldier

Karuma
4 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

I think this would be a good solution. It also motivates to bring more filled mags into the raids.

3 hours ago, ataros said:

But it's the same for everyone. How does the problem really have anything to do with ammo consumption? the Main problem is that it's unrealistic that operators would only bring 2 mags and fill them in the go. See the upper quote. You can bring all the ammo you want on top of the already filled mags.  Bringin 4+ mags and extra ammo is realistic imo.

3 hours ago, DarkSoldier said:

Animation isn't necassery, we don't have one for meds just need a progress bar. Animations will just mean Devs need to spend time on the less important aspects of the game, I'm sure a progress bar wouldn't be to time consuming within the coding of the game.

Agreed. Maybe if they have time on their hands but I think the bar would suffice. It's all about what's important to whom in the end.

• Like 1

FuryAlot
10 minutes ago, DarkSoldier said:

There will be animation for meds,  devs confirmed this,

also i voted in the end that this poll is kinda meh,  because it was suggested atleast 100 times and devs confirmed multiple times that current realoading of mags is just placeholder and will be changed,  they will also implement some tool to make custom loads like, pp, pp,pp,tracer... 

DarkSoldier
1 minute ago, FurryAlot said:

also i voted in the end that this poll is kinda meh,  because it was suggested atleast 100 times and devs confirmed multiple times that current realoading of mags is just placeholder and will be changed,  they will also implement some tool to make custom loads like, pp, pp,pp,tracer... 

That's satisfying to know, wasn't Aware of this, maybe a link to this if it's on forums? The hole reason we are having these descussions is because we didn't know about this information you seem to have access to. If that's true then great can't wait, but haven't seen anything on this topic

FuryAlot
3 minutes ago, DarkSoldier said:

That's satisfying to know, wasn't Aware of this, maybe a link to this if it's on forums? The hole reason we are having these descussions is because we didn't know about this information you seem to have access to. If that's true then great can't wait, but haven't seen anything on this topic

Scroll down there are 2 more links on forum posts 

• Thanks 1

FuryAlot
1 minute ago, DarkSoldier said:

Thank you @FurryAlot

Quote from the interview with Nikita "Charging mags will get longer and dependent on the skill, but not as long as in reality (30 seconds for 30-round AK mag)."

Nutz1

I think the idea for taking time to reload an empty mag makes sense.  I bring extra ammo, should take to reload a mag.

However, I find it interesting no one has mentioned this from a real world perspective.  There is something called a quick loader.  If they added that to the game, a player would need only to mount ammo on the quick loader, which would appear as ammo on a belt.  The second part is a piece of shaped metal that fits for the mag.  Takes less than 2 sec to load 10 rounds.  8 sec total for a full 30 round mag.  

If the option is available to add in time for reload, please add in quick loaders.

Pedro2486

I echo many peoples comments. I think it is unreasonable to make loading mags like IRL but there is a need for loading mags to take some amount of time. An animation is un-needed, just a progress bar would suffice, and it would make the need for vest/pocket space be more important for an extended firefight. That being said an infantrymans ammo loadout is on average 9 +1 (or thereabouts) so vest size may need to be upped or something.

Its the same old thing though, each change for "balance" is always going to have a knock on effect on other sections of gameplay. What thats worth I dont know lol

PIK
vor 47 Minuten schrieb DarkSoldier:

just need a progress bar

mhh, a progress bar would do until the animations are ready

me = fan of cheap solution

Karuma
4 hours ago, FurryAlot said:

No probs, just personally wanted to know the general concensus on the subject.
Man, than custom loading tool sounds so good.
Ty for the links also.

4 hours ago, Nutz1 said:

I think the idea for taking time to reload an empty mag makes sense.  I bring extra ammo, should take to reload a mag.

However, I find it interesting no one has mentioned this from a real world perspective.  There is something called a quick loader.  If they added that to the game, a player would need only to mount ammo on the quick loader, which would appear as ammo on a belt.  The second part is a piece of shaped metal that fits for the mag.  Takes less than 2 sec to load 10 rounds.  8 sec total for a full 30 round mag.  

If the option is available to add in time for reload, please add in quick loaders.

Quick loader would be a cool idea! However, having irl experience on using it, it's not really too much faster (of course depending what kind). It's just more comfortable and you don't wear your fingers out pushing ex. 300 rounds in to mags.  It takes a little time to put the bullets the right way into the loader.

4 hours ago, Pedro2486 said:

I echo many peoples comments. I think it is unreasonable to make loading mags like IRL but there is a need for loading mags to take some amount of time. An animation is un-needed, just a progress bar would suffice, and it would make the need for vest/pocket space be more important for an extended firefight. That being said an infantrymans ammo loadout is on average 9 +1 (or thereabouts) so vest size may need to be upped or something.

Its the same old thing though, each change for "balance" is always going to have a knock on effect on other sections of gameplay. What thats worth I dont know lol

Yeah a lot of the updates and changes really just depend on peoples preferences. However, Tarkov is something different and i really hope they try to expand it's uniqueness further. Personally I'd rather slow the pace down rather than having mechanics like some of the current ones.

Lucky_Rabbit
On 30.10.2017 at 10:20 AM, TechoverMana said:

This is a good idea, make every bullet count. Been played this just few weeks but this feature and animation is what game needs. So we need animations for using meds too. Could make gun fights last longer and be more realistics.

TitanPB

Animations are coming for healing and loading magazines. Also eating food. 

Lucky_Rabbit
2 hours ago, TitanPB said:

Animations are coming for healing and loading magazines. Also eating food. 

Thank you for answering this question, hope others find too that these updates are coming. =)