isdnelson

Bug: Weapon will not discard in raid

isdnelson

I was gleefully farming Factory on a hatchet run and picked up a shotgun off a scav kill and then killed a few more until i found some upgrades. I tried to drop the shotgun, but it just sat there in my inventory blinking. This also prevented me from reloading my alternate weapons. I could still use the hatchet. Eventually scavs zerged me and I died, so I was not able to "resolve" the issue.

Not sure if this is some sort of desync, but it is a highly annoying bug.

• Upvote 1

DrBloom

Yea so the blinking is the game saying "we have queued what you want to do" but with delay, so for example sometimes when you try to reload a gun the magazine in your inventory will be blinking while your character takes out the other mag and puts in the new 1, kind of like a hold state while the game finishes the previous task. With that said though not being able to just drop a gun is weird, maybe where you were trying to drop it wasn't clipping with your character correctly and you couldn't drop it there. Unsure, potentially a bug but I have experienced it yet.

GemigOSTEN

It´s a well known problem, nothing you can do but to die or extract. It will keep on blinking for the rest of the run. Missed out of a lot of nice guns due to this.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Djent_

To fix it you just need to alt f4 and rejoin.

• Like 1

AZ_ECHOteam

Yeah, happened to me quite a bit. Can't drop/move anything.

Sawbones

Still happening......it actually seems like it's happening more frequently for me.....

HillBillyDD

Happened to both my friend and I while trying to loot the same guy. Both while trying to discard a shotgun. I believe the player we were looting was glitching a MPX so it makes me think maybe that had something to do with it.

ShadowsTakeFall

why is this still a known issue? like ffs put more effort into fixing game breaking glitches like this. tried to unload an mp5 in a factory run and now i can't loot anything.

zYbSeb

Still present. Just died because of it. Could not do anything even change to any other weapon... irritating to say the least!

Dragonslayering

I was sitting in the top floor of factory when I couldn't reload the only weapon in my hands because I couldn't pull the mag out of my backpack and put it in my gun just flickered and said nope. and i didn't have a vest to put my mags in just my backpack tried manual reload, pulling rounds out of mag and putting the rounds back into the mag, right clicking on the gun to reload, Spammed R but ducking nothing. the ducking mag was just not going into the firearm it had just came out of. then some duck shoots me like 30 times will i was sitting there trying to just get even a damn bullet into my gun.

Awake
On 28.1.2018 at 12:03 PM, Djent_ said:

To fix it you just need to alt f4 and rejoin.

I can confirm that this works

keuerdan000

still a ducking problem could not do anything with my inventory how is this still a bug  at least 7 months down the line

emarighella

Can confirm this is still present with latest patch, just had it happen to me on a scav run.

ShAd0W68

This same glitch just happened to me yesterday. Any fix besides alt f4? Thanks.

Serdariusss

I just had it too. Sending mail to team, hopefully they will fix it. 

Kremson

The only thing I have ever noticed beside alt+f4 is to just do a quick run like 10 feet or so it will release it . I know that isnt what you want to do when you are trying to be silent etc but its that or the alternative you know . 

sonofvc

it is still happening in august 2018!

Koros

Still happening, and with it, comes an issue where I could not extract on any extraction point.  Ive had the game for a week and so far this has happened at least 4-5 times.  Even when I have maps and sitting on a verified extract. I know its still beta, but this bug basically prevents me from wanting to upgrade to a higher tier package.  I love the game, but issues like this where I spend 45 minutes in a raid, kill multiple people, only to lose it all because the game won't let me extract at ANY point and by the time I realize it, I don't have the time to alt f4 and rejoin because the timer is too low..

every round where I have this issue, I also have the can't reload, loot or change items in inventory happen at the same time.  Ive tried restarting, but if I have to restart the game 4-5 times a round just to be able to play it, I think im good.

Edited by Koros

Correndell

So..This was posted in 2017....I can confirm that as of today it's happened to me twice. Only time it doesn't really happen is when I'm not looting, but when you start looting, it's more likely to happen I've noticed.

Maki_Nishikino
38 minutes ago, Correndell said:

So..This was posted in 2017....I can confirm that as of today it's happened to me twice. Only time it doesn't really happen is when I'm not looting, but when you start looting, it's more likely to happen I've noticed.

Send a bug report via the launcher.

Curlyguy

In raid right now and just stuck. This is terrible. Can't shoot, change weapons, or anything else. Guess I'll just die then...

idrewt

1/8/2019 ...

Still happens only fix is to Alt-F4... Then everything works