Jump to content
Son_of_Battles

New Weapons??

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

I was making an observation. This isn't the official weapons request thread.

Where is that thread?, because yall' are obsessed with AK's and desperately need some M16 and M4 additional variants in this game. Legit 2/3rds of the guns are BEAR/Russian firearms. Give the USEC and NATO/US players some weapons. Where the official weapon request thread?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, USECWetWorker said:

Where is that thread?, because yall' are obsessed with AK's and desperately need some M16 and M4 additional variants in this game. Legit 2/3rds of the guns are BEAR/Russian firearms. Give the USEC and NATO/US players some weapons. Where the official weapon request thread?.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

I'm not even gonna bother explaining the difference between asking devs to implement a new weapon and discussing their view on a new weapon maybe getting added, but yea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 9:14 AM, BoltActionHero said:

Not sure if it’s been mention yet, but what about bringing in the Ak-107?

Isn't that in the game already along with the other 8-10 AK Variants?, lol.

 

Edit : Nvm , Only AK 101-105 lmao...not enough of AK's tho?.

Edited by USECWetWorker
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ppsh-41 over 6million produced and undoubtedly would be in tarkov somewhere do take note the current ppsh mag we have ingame is 9x18 however this one takes 7.62x25mm.

This weapon is kind of on the side of an antique so maybe more valuable than certain guns that are produced still.

Also not sure how many times this weapon is suggested so excuse for overpost.

G3us4ZW_d.jpg

Screenshot_20180830-141258.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devs really need to watch all the original Terminator, Lethal Weapon, Robocop, & Die Hard movies & then add every weapon used by both the good & bad guys in those films.

 

BYrqIBw.jpg

Edited by spillyphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spillyphil said:

Devs really need to watch all the original Terminator, Lethal Weapon, Robocop, & Die Hard movies & then add every weapon used by both the good & bad guys in those films.

 

BYrqIBw.jpg

oooooohhhhh automag the holy grail of overcompensation :P  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2018 at 11:01 AM, USECWetWorker said:

Isn't that in the game already along with the other 8-10 AK Variants?, lol.

 

Edit : Nvm , Only AK 101-105 lmao...not enough of AK's tho?.

NEVER!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I've said before many times, we need some rarer or kept quiet counter terror type firearms. The Spectre M4 comes to my mind, as well as the Beretta M12S, Walther MPL and MPK, the MP5K, the HK53, and the Jatimatic.

IMG_20180915_101827_202.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2018 at 9:16 AM, smokey-phil said:

oooooohhhhh automag the holy grail of overcompensation :P  

They make one in .30 cal carbine. ( you know the m1 carbine from ww2, yeah that in a pistol)  Extremely cool gun. Wish I could have bought it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tower21 said:

Found an interesting bit about the SV 98, apparently it's got a proprietary suppressor that requires the use of sub sonic ammo. Would be an interesting addition imo if they added functionality to subsonic ammo. 

http://www.snipercentral.com/russian-sv-98/

 

I'd really like to see more high magnification Russian optics in game.

Almost all suppressors need subsonic ammo to take full advantage of the noise dampening. Some will also get pissy and spit out the rubber baffles if you try and put super sonic ammo though it (like the bramit mosin suppressor needs a round less than 300m/s round other wise its useless and won't be working again until you get some more rubber seals) 

https://sovietarmorer.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/bramit-sound-supressor/

 

You can get some suppressors that will take super sonic ammo but this is more of a make 157db sound like 140 db so i don't blow my ears out when you shoot it without earpro like some kinda jack-off who  doesn't like his hearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have many cans in the US that use wipes due to how our Government regulates suppressors/silencers (both are legal terms here)  so I can't say much on their effectiveness or weaknesses but will concur on everything else for the most part. I've seen a few rubber baffle cans fall apart rather quickly.

If the goal of the Can is to make things quiet then subs are a must. If it's mainly to muffle and reduce muzzle flash then there is a much broader spectrum.  I just thought it was interesting that it was noted that it required subs. I'd like to see some cans such as the Bramit REQUIRE subsonic ammunition to function as a suppressor rather than a glorified flash hider.

I can attest to how loud a "silenced' rifle is firing standard ammo lol.

4 hours ago, smokey-phil said:

Almost all suppressors need subsonic ammo to take full advantage of the noise dampening. Some will also get pissy and spit out the rubber baffles if you try and put super sonic ammo though it (like the bramit mosin suppressor needs a round less than 300m/s round other wise its useless and won't be working again until you get some more rubber seals) 

https://sovietarmorer.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/bramit-sound-supressor/

 

You can get some suppressors that will take super sonic ammo but this is more of a make 157db sound like 140 db so i don't blow my ears out when you shoot it without earpro like some kinda jack-off who  doesn't like his hearing.


I feel like this would promote new game play choices with their own risk and benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tower21 said:

 


I feel like this would promote new game play choices with their own risk and benefits.

That is kinda what i was hoping was going to happen sooner or later i mean right now ever rifle build pretty much "sticks a can on it" when a lot of the time the use case for it is not going to be anything like sneaky but because it makes it "sound less" and there is no negatives to using one aside from extra size (which i kinda always took to be a weird plus like if you have a thicc rifle and your 4 buddys do too how the hell is the solo who wiped you all going to stick them into the trizip he stole off you :P )
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smokey-phil said:

 a thicc rifle inna 5 man.

Hnnnggg. Currently rocking

image.png

Edited by Tower21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2