Son_of_Battles

New Weapons??

12 hours ago, Xenome-111 said:

Can we get machinegun in this game? . 

I don't think it would fit the scenario and the playstyle of the game though 

On 11/4/2017 at 12:15 AM, JoinDuty said:

The Tavor is only plausible if IWI sells contracts to PMCs. It wouldn't really fit the setting in my opinion. XM8 was a failed rifle that never got any major contracts, that thing for sure shouldn't exist in Tarkov. I'd see some western alternative high tier rifles being introduced but do PMCs that have access to this gear actually prefer former more proprietary western service rifles alternative to the AR-15 in order to warrant their inclusion? I'd see the G36, FN SCAR, and SIG 550 series being represented but other than that having all of the possible cool exotic western guns might be counterproductive to the focus of the game

you're aware RPC Fort produces Tavors under license, including in 5.45mm?

2 hours ago, qS_Sachiel said:

Don't we have the AKM? that's the machinegune variant.

RPK is in the maybe section.

I thought he was talking about belt fed machineguns ? Or is it just me assuming it ?

i mean you can get box magazines for many of the modern machine guns like the SAW, RPx, PKP, etc but also many assault rifles are built with an M variant for that purpose @ 100round capacity.

G36M, AKM, tavoor has one etc.

On 11/4/2017 at 12:15 AM, JoinDuty said:

The Tavor is only plausible if IWI sells contracts to PMCs. It wouldn't really fit the setting in my opinion. XM8 was a failed rifle that never got any major contracts, that thing for sure shouldn't exist in Tarkov. I'd see some western alternative high tier rifles being introduced but do PMCs that have access to this gear actually prefer former more proprietary western service rifles alternative to the AR-15 in order to warrant their inclusion? I'd see the G36, FN SCAR, and SIG 550 series being represented but other than that having all of the possible cool exotic western guns might be counterproductive to the focus of the game

See you are very wrong about the Xm8/ A lot of pmc groups use it currently including black water 

Edited by ghostZ06

14 hours ago, qS_Sachiel said:

Don't we have the AKM? that's the machinegune variant.

RPK is in the maybe section.

RPK and the M249 are definitely going in. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-8KZ5giDtA

All parts of these weapons can be seen in this video

Firearms: AK series, M4/M16 series, M-249, ACR, M21 EBR, G36, VSS, RPK, Barret .50, M27 IAR, AEK, LSAT, F2000, AUG

Scopes: ACOG, EOTech, Kobra RDS, Trijicon RDS, looks like 2 IR scopes, 2 marksmen scopes.

Attachments PEQ-15 laser sight, Flashlights, Bayonet

Explosives: AT-4(not at-4 but looks similar) C4, Hand Grenades

And yes it fits the setting. i dont know why people think it doesnt 

As far as I know, the devs are adding real world weapons with all licensing that goes with it, so in order for them to add all these weapons they need permissions and all the other legal stuff that goes with adding "name brand" items.

So while we can get a bunch of different weapons and mods it all comes down to what companies will allow their products to be used in this media. I would love for them to add everything possible; unfortunately we will not get everything that we want, but hopefully most of it. :D

I wonder if you've gotto model the weapon down to the fine details of accuracy and handling perhaps in that case?

I remember seeing something about HK taking the German Government to court on allegations alluding to its accuracy.

Never considered that the licenced weapons would need to be considered in such a way, which is i guess why ARMA3 gets away with it, all their differently named weapons.

Although: Slickers anyone? ^_^ 

Edited by qS_Sachiel

Theres supposed to be like over 200 guns. Right now there are 30 and most of them are guns that have multiple variants... So i expect a lot more unique guns to come, and most of them to be kept out of our hands until full release.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:02 PM, vicwiz007 said:

Theres supposed to be like over 200 guns. Right now there are 30 and most of them are guns that have multiple variants... So i expect a lot more unique guns to come, and most of them to be kept out of our hands until full release.

pretty sure a lot of them are done just in Q&A 

On 11/3/2017 at 10:35 PM, ghostZ06 said:

lol wut? the Tavor doesnt fit the setting? Sure it does 

Xm8 fits the settings for sure considering its been confirmed that pmc's do use the game aka black water and a few others. So im not sure why the Tavor doesn't 

please explain why it would? it is an Israeli weapon, make and origin.

59 minutes ago, Torvalis said:

Quick wiki reveals that it has seen use by Georgian, Ukranian, Turkish and USA forces. That's geographically relevant to either PMC faction, not discounting that Western PMCs at the least, would have a broad access to weaponary opposed to a more prescribed basis for pure military.

I'll concede its prevalence would be very low, even on an absolute scale vs relative to the alternative mass produced kalashnikov, AR-15 styled variants, etc.

Per previous posters in this thread, RPC Fort has/had licence to produce the weapon from IWI.

Edited by qS_Sachiel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ghostZ06 said:

pretty sure a lot of them are done just in Q&A 

You meant QA I assume? I don't know about that. You see them modeling new guns whenever they have dev videos but we've seen many so you may be right. I'm hoping they save a lot for launch so we have a big new experience. I know they're saving like 2/3 of the maps til then

I would love to see this little guy available on the barters stock:

FN 57 MkII (in aesthetic it looks better than the USG)

•••

I'm not a fan of the P90, but a they share the same ammo, it would be a great integration.
I'm guessing this pistol will be expensive as hell in the game, but with this ammo's speed... it will justify the expense.

FN57.jpg

FN57 & P90 Modificada.jpg

8 hours ago, Torvalis said:

Doesn't mean it wont be in the hands of pmcs. They have access to just about anything, as point the XM8 which is currently in use by pmc's today 

5 hours ago, vicwiz007 said:

You meant QA I assume? I don't know about that. You see them modeling new guns whenever they have dev videos but we've seen many so you may be right. I'm hoping they save a lot for launch so we have a big new experience. I know they're saving like 2/3 of the maps til then

Yes i meant QA. I'm just assuming a lot of the stuff is reserved for closed testing until they get it just right ya know? I think on the reddit they teased the mosin and the ak-107 coming soonish. 

On 11/7/2017 at 1:19 PM, ghostZ06 said:

Doesn't mean it wont be in the hands of pmcs. They have access to just about anything, as point the XM8 which is currently in use by pmc's today

Yes i meant QA. I'm just assuming a lot of the stuff is reserved for closed testing until they get it just right ya know? I think on the reddit they teased the mosin and the ak-107 coming soonish. 

PMCs mostly use M4 variants and AKs. Sometimes weird stuff like AUG and FAMAS if they're European, but that was largely in the early 00s back when any tard with some military experiences was trying to make a quick buck running Green Zone convoys. XM8 makes 0 sense for a PMC to use, and the only unit seen with it recently is a meme Malaysian special forces unit that apparently doesn't understand weapons standardization.

On 11/7/2017 at 4:26 AM, Torvalis said:

because it's popular with civilian shooters and produced under license by Russia's neighbors.

You're the kind of guy that would say the Steyr SSG 08 doesn't make sense in Tarkov: spoiler: it makes perfect sense.

3 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

PMCs mostly use M4 variants and AKs. Sometimes weird stuff like AUG and FAMAS if they're European, but that was largely in the early 00s back when any tard with some military experiences was trying to make a quick buck running Green Zone convoys. XM8 makes 0 sense for a PMC to use, and the only unit seen with it recently is a meme Malaysian special forces unit that apparently doesn't understand weapons standardization.

because it's popular with civilian shooters and produced under license by Russia's neighbors.

You're the kind of guy that would say the Steyr SSG 08 doesn't make sense in Tarkov: spoiler: it makes perfect sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_XM8

Xm8 would be just fine see how its used by pmc's? they pretty much will have access to just about any fire arm.  i just thinks is a bit weird how the gun needs to "make sense", im sorry but if you're a pmc chance are if it shoots you can get it. 

Edited by ghostZ06

5 hours ago, ghostZ06 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_XM8

Xm8 would be just fine see how its used by pmc's? they pretty much will have access to just about any fire arm.  i just thinks is a bit weird how the gun needs to "make sense", im sorry but if you're a pmc chance are if it shoots you can get it. 

PMCs are companies. They care about making money, and thus will buy the firearms that are the most efficient. the XM8 is not cost efficient by any means.

Economies of scale dude.

I saw a Mk-14EBR in one of the first trailers. personally i would like to see a bullpup M14 (the Bulldog) 

1 hour ago, trotskygrad said:

PMCs are companies. They care about making money, and thus will buy the firearms that are the most efficient. the XM8 is not cost efficient by any means.

Economies of scale dude.

XM8 would be cool but he is right, the thing costs WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much to manufacture, best thing as an alternative is the ACR with 7.62x39, 5.56, and 6.8 conversion kits

Edited by Psykotik556

On 11/7/2017 at 10:31 AM, JoSantos said:

I would love to see this little guy available on the barters stock:

FN 57 MkII (in aesthetic it looks better than the USG)

•••

I'm not a fan of the P90, but a they share the same ammo, it would be a great integration.
I'm guessing this pistol will be expensive as hell in the game, but with this ammo's speed... it will justify the expense.

FN57.jpg

FN57 & P90 Modificada.jpg

That Pro 90 tho............

• Upvote 1