Son_of_Battles

New Weapons??

2 minutes ago, Psykotik556 said:

I saw a Mk-14EBR in one of the first trailers. personally i would like to see a bullpup M14 (the Bulldog) 

XM8 would be cool but he is right, the thing costs WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much to manufacture, best thing as an alternative is the ACR with 7.62x39, 5.56, and 6.8 conversion kits

no one would field an ACR after what freedom group did. 

Realistically I could see Bren 805/806, and VHS-02 as rifles as both have seen recent military service and adoption.

That being said ASGAARD, a German PMC operating in the ME is still rocking AKs lol

20116776_1555645821167795_31003532337837

1 hour ago, trotskygrad said:

no one would field an ACR after what freedom group did. 

Realistically I could see Bren 805/806, and VHS-02 as rifles as both have seen recent military service and adoption.

That being said ASGAARD, a German PMC operating in the ME is still rocking AKs lol

20116776_1555645821167795_31003532337837

What did freedom Group do?

2 hours ago, Psykotik556 said:

I saw a Mk-14EBR in one of the first trailers. personally i would like to see a bullpup M14 (the Bulldog) 

XM8 would be cool but he is right, the thing costs WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much to manufacture, best thing as an alternative is the ACR with 7.62x39, 5.56, and 6.8 conversion kits

i didnt see this....link?

3 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

PMCs are companies. They care about making money, and thus will buy the firearms that are the most efficient. the XM8 is not cost efficient by any means.

Economies of scale dude.

This is true, but id like to see the xm8 as a extremely rare gun 

30 minutes ago, ghostZ06 said:

The bottom rifle is an ACR, and the top looks like a Kel-Tec shotgun with a rifle mag jammed in the stock......oh wait it is from CoD Ghosts, I remember now.

I don't know why everybody is making a big deal out of the firearms being available for a pmc or not. Starter gear would be a bit weird yes, seeing as the pmc would have gotten those weapons of their bosses. But the majority of the weapons they buy are commin from skier/prapor/peace keeper/fence (therapist is not selling weapons

Fence for one has world wide connections, seeing as he would sell you everything as it is. Why not xm8 or other weapons. Same goes for the other traders. If they can make money, why would they not sell it to you. So yea a lot of games would make sense IMO.

On 11/9/2017 at 2:29 PM, trotskygrad said:

PMCs mostly use M4 variants and AKs. Sometimes weird stuff like AUG and FAMAS if they're European, but that was largely in the early 00s back when any tard with some military experiences was trying to make a quick buck running Green Zone convoys. XM8 makes 0 sense for a PMC to use, and the only unit seen with it recently is a meme Malaysian special forces unit that apparently doesn't understand weapons standardization.

because it's popular with civilian shooters and produced under license by Russia's neighbors.

You're the kind of guy that would say the Steyr SSG 08 doesn't make sense in Tarkov: spoiler: it makes perfect sense.

all i asked was why, because i didn't know. i wasn't aware i couldn't ask a question.

10 hours ago, ghostZ06 said:

No, these are not ACR's these are polands new battle rifle my friend. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FB_MSBS

If it looks exactly like an ACR.........It may have a different name but the ACR definitely inspired the non Bullpup MSBS.

21 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

slashed QC

So the ACR sucks now? I tried researching but couldn't find a direct source. Not a big deal anyway, Plenty or reliable carbines have come before it.

14 hours ago, Psykotik556 said:

If it looks exactly like an ACR.........It may have a different name but the ACR definitely inspired the non Bullpup MSBS.

So the ACR sucks now? I tried researching but couldn't find a direct source. Not a big deal anyway, Plenty or reliable carbines have come before it.

The Remington ACR sucks. the FB Radom MSBS is a derivation of the design that supposedly is quite good.

1 hour ago, Astolfo said:

Would love to see some Norinco and non-Russian made AK platform guns, too.

Also...need my Mosin...

Mosin is coming per the slated weapons page. 

:D:D hope it fires at a 12o angle :P

10 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

The Remington ACR sucks. the FB Radom MSBS is a derivation of the design that supposedly is quite good.

Must be the more common "Variant" seen in most games then. Maybe it has the same initial application that the ACR once did, or was rumored to have.

8 hours ago, Astolfo said:

Also...need my Mosin...

This

19 hours ago, Psykotik556 said:

Must be the more common "Variant" seen in most games then. Maybe it has the same initial application that the ACR once did, or was rumored to have.

dunno, the MSBS isn't being offered with the same caliber change functionality that the original ACR was offered with. Funnily enough swappable AR-15 uppers have taken over that market. Obsoleted by a gun it was designed to replace.

59 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

dunno, the MSBS isn't being offered with the same caliber change functionality that the original ACR was offered with. Funnily enough swappable AR-15 uppers have taken over that market. Obsoleted by a gun it was designed to replace.

that is funny I like the Raptor stuff. looks cool

On 10. marraskuuta 2017 at 10:06 AM, ghostZ06 said:

i didnt see this....link?

This is true, but id like to see the xm8 as a extremely rare gun 

XM8 is pretty much vaporware. Other than a small amount of rifles in the posession of a special unit of the Malaysian navy, none exist. The tooling for XM8 manufacturing has probably been long repurposed due to the lack of contracts, and if not, why would you even want them to add the XM8? It's literally a G36 that looks like a fish and is potentially even more proprietary than the G36. I could definitely see a G36K or even a G36C being sold by Peacekeeper, but the XM8 barely even exists in any capacity in the real world.

A 7.62x25mm SMG would be nice. Something like a re-chambered skorpion would be cool for scavs to have (and loot ;) )

I'm also surprised that the devs are working on a G3 as the FN-FAL was more widely distributed and it can run in a janky mode without the dust cover etc :) 

Edited by vatt84
clarification

^^ Oh man, I'm in love with the G3A3's looks, sound, and feel (at least as exists in BF3). :) So glad it's being added to the game--will be serious competition with my love for the AS Val and VSS. :)

Edited by PhineasWhipsnde

1510576180719.thumb.jpg.89a644b6b9e8c50f3c3efb0abbc22f9c.jpg

Now this is what I want BSG to eventually add. Modernized VSS with new picatinny dust covers and lightened stocks aswell as modernized 1x/4x optics

Edited by JoinDuty