Son_of_Battles

New Weapons??

2 hours ago, luddev said:

PMC, PRIVATE military company. Any weapon ever produced could essentially fit the setting since a PRIVATE company could have bought whatever weapons they ser fit for the hired soldiers they employ. I really don't get the ppl saying things like it's not plausible etc. 

It's not the american army vs the russian army here.

You have no ideas how PMCs operate apparently.

35 minutes ago, KhandE said:

You have no ideas how PMCs operate apparently.

No not really. Could you tell me? I do now a thing or two about how private companies can operate however.

Are you saying that something stops this private company from purchasing whatever weapons they see fit?( In this context)

Don't forget that in tarkov the PMC are contracted by a shady global multibillion company, not a country, If you are refering to the fact that PMC's usually get their arsenal from the country that hires them.

Like I said this isn't USA vs Russia. USEC isn't working on behalf of a country that supply them with the weapons, but instead a private company with questionable ethics.

Edited by luddev
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/27/2018 at 5:22 PM, luddev said:

No not really. Could you tell me? I do now a thing or two about how private companies can operate however.

Are you saying that something stops this private company from purchasing whatever weapons they see fit?( In this context)

Don't forget that in tarkov the PMC are contracted by a shady global multibillion company, not a country, If you are refering to the fact that PMC's usually get their arsenal from the country that hires them.

Like I said this isn't USA vs Russia. USEC isn't working on behalf of a country that supply them with the weapons, but instead a private company with questionable ethics.

Been busy, let me try to explain this in a way most would understand.

You know those myths that constantly get thrown around about how SOCOM units and personnel can just "use whatevver they want!" even though anyone who's ever been in a SOCOM unit will tell you that's not how it works at all? (Yeah, SOCOM as a whole get a bit more leeway on what they choose to trial and adopt, that doesn't mean they can just walk in with an old WW2 1911A1 and M1 Garand and except no one to say anything.)

Any PMC worth a damn is the same way, they acquire on relatively large contracts of weapons, don't just let people use anything, and, being that their staff are, by vast majority either former LE or Military, they procure what's been tried and ture and, most importantly, what most of the employees are going to be familiar with a good deal of the time from past experience.

So yeah, they're not just going to say "yeah, we *could* get some new M110s or Mk.20s as DMRs.....but these WW1 vintage Lee Enfields are so much cheaper and have volley sights! Plus we can buy whatever we want." It just doesn't happen that way, plus orgs who are known to buy obsolete gear like that aren't exactly very likely to be hired so, It's in their best interest to actually get contracts to look sharp.