Son_of_Battles

New Weapons??

KhandE
2 hours ago, luddev said:

PMC, PRIVATE military company. Any weapon ever produced could essentially fit the setting since a PRIVATE company could have bought whatever weapons they ser fit for the hired soldiers they employ. I really don't get the ppl saying things like it's not plausible etc. 

It's not the american army vs the russian army here.

You have no ideas how PMCs operate apparently.

luddev
35 minutes ago, KhandE said:

You have no ideas how PMCs operate apparently.

No not really. Could you tell me? I do now a thing or two about how private companies can operate however.

Are you saying that something stops this private company from purchasing whatever weapons they see fit?( In this context)

Don't forget that in tarkov the PMC are contracted by a shady global multibillion company, not a country, If you are refering to the fact that PMC's usually get their arsenal from the country that hires them.

Like I said this isn't USA vs Russia. USEC isn't working on behalf of a country that supply them with the weapons, but instead a private company with questionable ethics.

Edited by luddev
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

Eyesik

Yo, lets get a ppsh in the game. Its lore friendly and would be excellent for this cqb combat.

KhandE
On 6/27/2018 at 5:22 PM, luddev said:

No not really. Could you tell me? I do now a thing or two about how private companies can operate however.

Are you saying that something stops this private company from purchasing whatever weapons they see fit?( In this context)

Don't forget that in tarkov the PMC are contracted by a shady global multibillion company, not a country, If you are refering to the fact that PMC's usually get their arsenal from the country that hires them.

Like I said this isn't USA vs Russia. USEC isn't working on behalf of a country that supply them with the weapons, but instead a private company with questionable ethics.

Been busy, let me try to explain this in a way most would understand.

You know those myths that constantly get thrown around about how SOCOM units and personnel can just "use whatevver they want!" even though anyone who's ever been in a SOCOM unit will tell you that's not how it works at all? (Yeah, SOCOM as a whole get a bit more leeway on what they choose to trial and adopt, that doesn't mean they can just walk in with an old WW2 1911A1 and M1 Garand and except no one to say anything.)

Any PMC worth a damn is the same way, they acquire on relatively large contracts of weapons, don't just let people use anything, and, being that their staff are, by vast majority either former LE or Military, they procure what's been tried and ture and, most importantly, what most of the employees are going to be familiar with a good deal of the time from past experience.

So yeah, they're not just going to say "yeah, we *could* get some new M110s or Mk.20s as DMRs.....but these WW1 vintage Lee Enfields are so much cheaper and have volley sights! Plus we can buy whatever we want." It just doesn't happen that way, plus orgs who are known to buy obsolete gear like that aren't exactly very likely to be hired so, It's in their best interest to actually get contracts to look sharp.

Pyzoik

i would love to see a mosin and PPSH added eventually

Rtrxgamer

I would like to see the old 1871 Remington rolling block rifle. There was an unconfirmed order for these rifles before WW1. They were chambered in 7.62x54r. The downfall is that they are single shot so it would require a lot of animation for each shot. However when they get around to more weapon handling skills, ait would be neat to see them implement holding three rounds in the off hand like the days of old.  The only scope available for it would be the Malcom x6. I can see it as a viable weapon for sniper scav, handed down through the family, used in multiple wars and revolutions. Could be found in the hands on scavs with worn out barrels and iron sights.

5421.jpg

mcloud

the only weapon i really want is the p90.

And than be able to design my own arm patch to say : SG-9 

• Upvote 1

qwertyuio583
On 7/3/2018 at 11:43 PM, KhandE said:

Been busy, let me try to explain this in a way most would understand.

You know those myths that constantly get thrown around about how SOCOM units and personnel can just "use whatevver they want!" even though anyone who's ever been in a SOCOM unit will tell you that's not how it works at all? (Yeah, SOCOM as a whole get a bit more leeway on what they choose to trial and adopt, that doesn't mean they can just walk in with an old WW2 1911A1 and M1 Garand and except no one to say anything.)

Any PMC worth a damn is the same way, they acquire on relatively large contracts of weapons, don't just let people use anything, and, being that their staff are, by vast majority either former LE or Military, they procure what's been tried and ture and, most importantly, what most of the employees are going to be familiar with a good deal of the time from past experience.

So yeah, they're not just going to say "yeah, we *could* get some new M110s or Mk.20s as DMRs.....but these WW1 vintage Lee Enfields are so much cheaper and have volley sights! Plus we can buy whatever we want." It just doesn't happen that way, plus orgs who are known to buy obsolete gear like that aren't exactly very likely to be hired so, It's in their best interest to actually get contracts to look sharp.

What are the chances that a PMC would have a contract with multiple countries’ weapons companies in order to provide a larger array of options for their employees? I mean, for example, could USEC have a contract with HK for their Spanish and German employees (g36e) or with FN for their French ones (Famas)? 

KhandE
2 hours ago, qwertyuio583 said:

What are the chances that a PMC would have a contract with multiple countries’ weapons companies in order to provide a larger array of options for their employees? I mean, for example, could USEC have a contract with HK for their Spanish and German employees (g36e) or with FN for their French ones (Famas)? 

H&K and FN? Pretty likely most of their products would be approved by any pmc aling with several others, just because they have standards on what weapons they will use doesnt mean they'll just stick to one thing, though standarization and logistics is still important so not too big.

Also, FN doesnt produce the FAMAS and it's highly doubtful anyone would go out of their way to get them due to the rather odd production life and some quirks in the design. (Like firing way too fast to be practical as a frontline rifle and the fact that it doesnt work with NATO 5.56mm rounds.)

qwertyuio583
On 8/8/2018 at 9:33 PM, KhandE said:

H&K and FN? Pretty likely most of their products would be approved by any pmc aling with several others, just because they have standards on what weapons they will use doesnt mean they'll just stick to one thing, though standarization and logistics is still important so not too big.

Also, FN doesnt produce the FAMAS and it's highly doubtful anyone would go out of their way to get them due to the rather odd production life and some quirks in the design. (Like firing way too fast to be practical as a frontline rifle and the fact that it doesnt work with NATO 5.56mm rounds.)

Oh I see, thanks. Have you worked in a pmc?

Edited by qwertyuio583

Uberslave

I really want 50cal barrett sniper 

And more western weapons

1000 different AKs is just boring ( Yes i know this is a russian game)

Edited by Uberslave

FallenActual
On 11/2/2017 at 11:02 AM, Dominguez132 said:

I know a glock is coming :D

Love your signature 

• Like 1

USECWetWorker

Since there is an M4A1, it would be a no brainer to add a M16A2 or M16A4. Also you have the G17 and G18, so why not add the Glock 22 at a .40 cal variant.

USECWetWorker

sorry for double post, but cannot edit my previous one. If the Russia VS US PMC thing is going to be a main focus, can we get half as many M4/M16 variants as there are for AK-47's and AK-74's?. 2/3rds of ALL Assault Rifles are AK-Variants. BEAR has all the weapons in the world (lore wise) and USEC has like..-..the M4A1, MP5 and a few other handguns. We need two or three M16's, A2's, A4' models, and why not add some M4 style variants such as the XM177E2. I know this is essentially Online Stalker, and i LOVED stalker, but even that satisfied the US' players NATO weapons desire. We simply need more US Military weapons to be implemented, even the addition of 3-5 new M16/M4 Style AR's would be a great improvement. SHOUTOUT TO USEC FAM, GIVE THE UNITED STATES PLAYERS SOME UNITED STATES GUNS FOR OUR PMC'S!. There is over TEN AK variants, enough is enough bro's.

LoginTaken
On 7/1/2018 at 9:18 PM, VividFPS said:

Yo, lets get a ppsh in the game. Its lore friendly and would be excellent for this cqb combat.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:50 AM, Rtrxgamer said:

I would like to see the old 1871 Remington rolling block rifle. There was an unconfirmed order for these rifles before WW1. They were chambered in 7.62x54r. The downfall is that they are single shot so it would require a lot of animation for each shot. However when they get around to more weapon handling skills, ait would be neat to see them implement holding three rounds in the off hand like the days of old.  The only scope available for it would be the Malcom x6. I can see it as a viable weapon for sniper scav, handed down through the family, used in multiple wars and revolutions. Could be found in the hands on scavs with worn out barrels and iron sights.

5421.jpg

Old guns make a lot of sense to me. Though in order to gain access to them as a merc you should need to do a quest for a gun collector or something. Additionally it would be reasonable to expect a scav to have old weapons. Especially WW2 era Russian weapons. Modern version should again be made available to the main character after successful quest.

roy19011

they need to add a QBZ-95
or Barrett 0.5
also a AUG could be nice something else than m4/ak would be great such as a famas 

KhandE
1 hour ago, roy19011 said:

they need to add a QBZ-95
or Barrett 0.5
also a AUG could be nice something else than m4/ak would be great such as a famas 

If they're going for max realism they wont add the FAMAS, also if they did add it and kept max realism it would cause alot of headaches.

KhandE

I feel like I should make an explanation post regarding the FAMAS and why it would be a very awkward choice from both a gameplay perspective and a realism one since I do kind of rag on it a lot, I don't hate the design but it's really quirky and has a very odd production life. So here we go on me wasting hours writing again.

First we need to take a look at it's history and it's variants, there's actually quite a few but, from a military game perspective only 3 that really matter here, the F1, the G1, and the G2.

The F1 - Ok so many of you may be too young to remember certain events in history or just didn't know, one rather important one on this topic was the part France actually withdrew from NATO due to feeling short strawed power wise in the alliance compared to the US and UK starting in the late 50s, the withdrawal period itself was from the period of 1966 to 2009 when they rejoined, how is this relevant to the FAMAS you may ask? well you're about to find out.

Around this timeline of the early 60s the French were trialing no less than 40 different rifles in 7.62x51mm NATO but despite this they did take note of the US M16A1 with it's 5.56mm round (which took longer to catch on NATO standardization wise) and decided to experiment with this instead, originally in 1966 they ordered a somewhat small amount of HK33 rifles to test this, however, on the whims of a rather senior officer named Marcel Bigeard who didn't want to rely on a foreign rifle for their forces, high command listened and thus the FAMAS project started in 1967 with the SIG SG 540 rifle series filling in (instead of the 1,200ish HK33s mentioned earlier) until the program was finished in 1978 (11 years in development....).

Ok so you're probably wondering by now "what's the point of the history lesson?" well, there's a very good point because it explains just how awkward the FAMAS program is and why it started out that way and why its production life was rather....odd.

So, lets look at the FAMAS, fast forward to 1978, it gets adopted, replaces the MAS 49/56 rifle, MAT-49 SMG and the interim SIG SG 540 rifles in service, It's launch is....not exactly what you'd expect from a service rifle 11 years in the making, First problem is the magazines are terrible (more on magazines later), it has several parts including the stock of all things that break very easily, very questionable quality control that basically makes what rifle you get a gamble, suffers from frequent jams that aren't easily cleared that require long removal attempts taking soldier focus off the battle. MAS would eventually fix most of these issues though not completely and did release sturdier magazines, but, that whole lesson about not being in NATO? well, it kind of shows up in a few sections.

-It fires very fast, around 1000-1200 rpm which is far, far faster than optimal for a frontline service rifle that takes 25 round mags and faster than pretty much any NATO service rifle at the time (or Warsaw Pact....or anywhere for that matter)

-Remember what I said about magazines and that whole NATO thing? well surprise! the FAMAS isn't STANAG compatible. Find some higher capacity stanags or those sexy high ergo magpul PMAGs ingame, or the ever loved drum mags? too bad, they won't work with your rifle, and vice versa if you're in dire need of spare mags for the M4A1 or any future 5.56mm weapons that get added only to run into 25 rounders that only fit the FAMAS, not going to be well for you.

-The FAMAS uses a somewhat odd lever delayed blowback action, this makes it incompatible with NATO ammunition and even civilian ammo because this action is incredibly rough, combine this with the fast rate of fire and it's going to absolutely brutalize any brass cased ammunition you attempt to feed through it leaving only a smoldering wreck of the guns internals inside from fragments of ruptured and battered casings flying everywhere, the French literally had to design hardened steel cased ammo that could take the beating that's loaded with a light 55gr bullet similar to M193. Note the Russians and Chinese use steel cased ammunition and the US among others have toyed with the concept, this however is for the fact it's much cheaper and just a hair lighter than brass, but these are softer steels that I imagine would have no trouble at all getting eviscerated just as easily as more common (in the west at least) brass casings.

-The part where I mentioned the FAMAS was designed around a 55gr round? It uses a 1-12" twist rate barrels which is the same as some late production M16A1s that also centered around a short 55gr projectile, what does this mean? well I actually answered this question in my post about 5.56mm ammo in the M4A1 thread if you want another TLDR post, but it means that it would have trouble stabilizing things like even M855, let alone M856, M855A1, M856A1, etc etc etc, you'd be stuck with your ammo. Inversely, even though 55gr M193 is ingame for the M4A1 (which would be terribly inaccurate at range with a 1-7" twist barrel) realistically this means that even if ammo made for the FAMAS didn't have other issues in other rifles (never tested it, can't say), it wouldn't exactly be ideal for 1-7" twist NATO spec weapons.

So that's the F1, which is by far the most dominant variant in use with the French and the very few export buyers it got, production of the FAMAS ceased in 2000 with only 400,000 made as, like I just said, it wasn't exactly a smashing export success.

-------

So now, lets look at the G1, or rather let's not because contrary to popular belief it doesn't actually exist, it was a design concept that was rejected before a single weapon was made and therefore you'll never see one ever, moving on....

Instead let's look at the G2, or the Unicorn, because seeing one of these in the wild is so rare it's actually noteworthy when a real example appears in a newly seen photo. some of the design changes would've been great for this situation....had it actually happened, including a 1-9" twist barrel (the original planned twist for the M16A2 and the M249 with the new M855 round before it was discovered that the M856 tracer variant was too long and heavy to be reliably stabilized by 1-9", 1-7" soon followed, they stuck with 1-9" because they wanted backwards compatibility with 55gr ammunition as well as 62gr), a new magwell that took new 30 round STANAG compliant magazines (would've been rather useful) which would've solved a lot of things, some minor tweaks like a redsigned handguard for more comfortable use with gloves made out of reinforced fiberglass as opposed to plastic, oh, and a rarity so noteworthy that, much like bigfoot, I suppose you maybe sort of possibly have a chance to see one, but don't ever hold your breath on it, but at least there's "A" chance unlike the F1. production of the G2 was very limited and started in 1994, it was bought in small numbers a by a couple of France' Naval SF units, but the army stuck with their battle scarred old F1s, production ended at the same time of the F1 in 2000.

Oh, did I mention that only a small amount of F1s in their entire service life ever received so much as as a single accessory rail on top as "modernizations" so attaching all your beloved accessories would be a massive chore?

-----

So, TLDR, what does this mean for Tarkov? well, I'd say it's a pretty cool albeit quirky gun, but considering the very odd political and internal atmosphere at the time of it's development, coupled with it's rather outdated design, low amount of total guns produced with the fact it hasn't been made in 18 years now so any you actually would come across rare as they are would be beat to hell with no option for spare parts (mainly 10 years from now game wise) and the amount of pain the ass quirks that would have to be added for it to "fit" .....I have to say that ultimately the FAMAS is not an ideal weapon for the Tarkov universe.

KhandE

One error in my post, while they did start looking at the 5.56mm idea as early as 1966, they didn't trial the HK33 as an interim weapon until later in the late 60s-early 70s but lost out until adoption of the FAMAS to the SIG SG 540, sorry I worded that poorly.

ghostZ06

i am wondering where the ACR is. i know they showed it a couple times. i wonder where that is 

Maki_Nishikino
1 hour ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

Is @Natalino and BSG excited about the new AK?

https://amp.businessinsider.com/russian-maker-of-ak-47-unveils-ak-308-rifle-with-76251mm-nato-round-2018-8

Could be a good addition to have the "Russian RSASS" on the high end tier! 7.62x51mm beast. Any interest in maybe adding it one day?

"It's unclear if the Russian military will eventually adopt the new AK-308."

I seriously doubt they will.

OneTrueLizardo
1 hour ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

"It's unclear if the Russian military will eventually adopt the new AK-308."

I seriously doubt they will.

And that equals to not implementing it how exactly? I fail to see what that fact has anything to do with this. Please elaborate.

Maki_Nishikino
1 hour ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

And that equals to not implementing it how exactly? I fail to see what that fact has anything to do with this. Please elaborate.

I was making an observation. This isn't the official weapons request thread.