TheWendigo

Armor--Proper Armor

So right now we have fort armor, soft armor and so on, I would like to suggest bringing in AR500 and AR550, AR650. Things like level I, II, III, IIIA, IIIA+, IV and ect. I feel the current armor system is kind of lackluster, usually armor is a plate or set of plates that go into the PC. 

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXwAAAAJGZiZjI2MTdjLTY3YWUtNGY3Zi04YWFjLTQxMzNhYjM4NTA3ZA.jpg

spartan-armor-systems-body-armor-guide.jpg

Edited by TheWendigo

Agreed on bring more variety of soft and hard armor in game but wouldn't steel be too civi-centric and much of an hindrance in weight? Most conventional army uses ceramic and PE composite plates and I would imagine high speed guys like the USEC or BEAR would be using the same if not better and lighter(these days you can get Lv3+ SAPI cut size M weight less then 1.5kg/3.3lbs easy). Though I would be very interested in seeing some locally improvised Tarkovian steel plates for makeshift or as a cheap alternative for pistol/rifle protection :)  

It seems that game is focused on weapon modification but chest rigs like AVS have both soft armor and hard armor insert pockets. I heard not so long ago devs will add this type of upgrade in the future. If they do, armor problem in Tarkov will be solved. Wearing chestrig over an armor is old fashion anyway not being used since mid 2000s. Armor plates are not something hard to find. Its around 200-300 dolars for a pair all around the world.

This is wasteland Russia. Not front-line military with the latest and greatest equipment.

We're using AK's after all. Hardly state of the art..

2 minutes ago, dapps said:

This is wasteland Russia. Not front-line military with the latest and greatest equipment.

Except thats wrong, we have tons of new equipment. The 6B43 6A is top of the line as far as body armor goes for the Russian military.

On 11/5/2017 at 3:15 PM, Strokovich said:

Except thats wrong, we have tons of new equipment. The 6B43 6A is top of the line as far as body armor goes for the Russian military.

Wouldn't say tons. Some equipment may be decent, but the rest is mostly old school.

13 hours ago, dapps said:

Wouldn't say tons. Some equipment may be decent, but the rest is mostly old school.

Most of the equipment (not guns) were made circa 2000 or later.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dapps said:

6b43 6a armor

dvl 10 rifle

specter dr optics

sig bravos

eotechs

magpul d60s

sig p226s

mp443s

vltor ar15 uppers

lvoac keymod handguards

big steel plates arent old school but these are?

My comment has been totally taken out of context. It was in reply to the comment above mine stating that "Wearing chestrig over an armor is old fashion anyway not being used since mid 2000s"

To the original point, I like the separate armor and chest rigs. Not sure if the comment was aiming at merging them together or having an added armor option to rigs like AVS. 

If added armor then i like that concept as any added customisations to your character getup would be welcomed.

Edited by dapps

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:12 AM, dapps said:

Did u just insult AKs? Bad idea

• Like 1