Latest Scav Supersoldiers

LordVIP3R

Now I know the game is in development and such, and I KNOW its been said quite a bit. I've been playing since Alpha so I've lived through the whole aimbot scav nightmare and such

But in this recent patch the scavs have their new hunting mechanic, which is cool and all but... they're just a little... well... overkill.

I mean if you pop a scav on customs, you'll have every prick in Tarkov and their Grandmother suddenly pursuing you like an armed zombie horde out for your fort clad booty.

They just seem to engage and snap on to you from so far away... in an unrealistic manner as if they're all telepathically talking to eachother. The scavs in the last patch were fine, they seemed like proper scavs... people that have taken up guns that they're not well trained on... low lives... criminals... drunkards... etc. Now they're like friggen elite super soldiers, throwing shotgun pellets across entire spans of the map.

I'm all for a challenge and think that yes, killing scavs shouldn't be a simple little feat... but going into a raid and knowing that the AI is pretty much locked onto my position already is kinda disheartening.

• Cold 1
  • Upvote 1
Your_Moms_Gyno

plenty of times recently i've been on customs, seen a skav in the machinery / factory area go low and slow and set up after hearing ???? with an AK / SKS. He's in a perfect position, but i didn't hear nothing so it's a little suspicious his behavior.

KillerOyster

Super soldiers ? Probably cause from time to time they can't even hit you with a single shot after they unload a whole mag at point blank range with no cover

Psykotik556
8 minutes ago, KillerOyster said:

Super soldiers ? Probably cause from time to time they can't even hit you with a single shot after they unload a whole mag at point blank range with no cover

Can confirm, Scavs are useless at point blank if they use have JUST a shotgun. Ive seen them pull TTs on me after I get so close to them sometimes, Patience is key and dont go full auto unless you know youre gonna hit more shots than you will miss.

• Like 1
johncage213

one thing for sure they are extremely mobile. i like that. they actually sprint around cover to try and flank you. i engaged three scavs and they sprinted right for cover when i opened fire. then one scav engages me while the rest leap frog on my flank through hilly cover. i actually thought they were a player group. but then the fact that i killed them all and survived proved otherwise. but still, pulling off human behavior like that is brilliant.

i don't know if they have a homing beacon mechanic or they are just really good when they're alerted and use flanking and pincer manuevers. from playing customs a few times, it seems more like the latter. they move fast and get to your last known position quickly, that might seem like they're homing in. i find if i backtrack and cut them off from their flanking movement, they will sometimes be looking at my former position. then i shoot them in the back. you have to out maneuver them and don't let them see you while doing so.

KillerOyster
40 minutes ago, johncage213 said:

one thing for sure they are extremely mobile. i like that. they actually sprint around cover to try and flank you. i engaged three scavs and they sprinted right for cover when i opened fire. then one scav engages me while the rest leap frog on my flank through hilly cover. i actually thought they were a player group. but then the fact that i killed them all and survived proved otherwise. but still, pulling off human behavior like that is brilliant.

i don't know if they have a homing beacon mechanic or they are just really good when they're alerted and use flanking and pincer manuevers. from playing customs a few times, it seems more like the latter. they move fast and get to your last known position quickly, that might seem like they're homing in. i find if i backtrack and cut them off from their flanking movement, they will sometimes be looking at my former position. then i shoot them in the back. you have to out maneuver them and don't let them see you while doing so.

I really like the way the Devs do things , they don't hold your hands throughout the game like the majority games out there and they made the game realistically hard for everyone . Each patch they buffs the AI Scavs and fix their bugs , having AI Scavs stationary is kinda predictable but having them so mobile right now is hella nerve wracking , making you think before you shoot cause if you shoot you'll risk compromising your own position , notifies  other players around and AI Scavs that heard the shots will swarm you like crazy . 

I personally find the scavs quite balanced now. If you engage them solo you have to hit and run as well as flank them from different angles. If you go in as a squad they are enjoyable to fight. I'm glad that I am now more afraid of players rather than aimbot scavs which is nice :) 

KillerOyster
13 minutes ago, vatt84 said:

I personally find the scavs quite balanced now. If you engage them solo you have to hit and run as well as flank them from different angles. If you go in as a squad they are enjoyable to fight. I'm glad that I am now more afraid of players rather than aimbot scavs which is nice :) 

You should be afraid of Scavs more cause they still have a chance to one tap you though

LordVIP3R

Oh yeah the mechanic for hunting is great... I more-so meant when you peek like the tiniest bit and scavs that happen to glance in your direction (when not alerted) just magically snap on and open fire.

Players wouldn't be able to do that (well most wouldn't). But then I guess programming "partial" or "human-like" vision would be quite complex and a real pain in the ass.

Xenome-111
On 11/3/2017 at 5:56 PM, LordVIP3R said:

Now I know the game is in development and such, and I KNOW its been said quite a bit. I've been playing since Alpha so I've lived through the whole aimbot scav nightmare and such

But in this recent patch the scavs have their new hunting mechanic, which is cool and all but... they're just a little... well... overkill.

I mean if you pop a scav on customs, you'll have every prick in Tarkov and their Grandmother suddenly pursuing you like an armed zombie horde out for your fort clad booty.

They just seem to engage and snap on to you from so far away... in an unrealistic manner as if they're all telepathically talking to eachother. The scavs in the last patch were fine, they seemed like proper scavs... people that have taken up guns that they're not well trained on... low lives... criminals... drunkards... etc. Now they're like friggen elite super soldiers, throwing shotgun pellets across entire spans of the map.

I'm all for a challenge and think that yes, killing scavs shouldn't be a simple little feat... but going into a raid and knowing that the AI is pretty much locked onto my position already is kinda disheartening.

Use a suppressor problem solved. 

2 hours ago, Xenome-111 said:

Use a suppressor problem solved. 

Problem is people who didnt start playing when update happend has to grind and crawl thru the process to get the suppressors. 
Everyone who geared up as soon as patch hits now groups up and camps exits and basicly kills all your EXP and loot gathering.

I havnt played for 2 months but damn this game has turned from bad to even worse, since i started playing again i havnt had 1 single run thru without running into people camping exits. 
Though over half of them stank arse so my makarov dealt with em quickly, but still for new players i bet getting a silencer can be a bit of a headache... 

But back on topic, i actually feel the scavs are OK now, they dont aimbot you from across half the map. Heck sometimes they dont even notice me when i come running straight at them from behind with an axe... 
So if your having issues with scavs your doing something wrong, maybe not hitting em ? Or maybe you encounter player scavs ? Even though the game look and fell like COD and every other FPS game out there, the aim in this game is linked to stamina, if your hurt, how fast you shoot e.t.c. Its supose to be more realistic, though they fail at making the game something more then a typical FPS "survival" game except for the shooting/aim part which stands out.

• Sad 1
30 minutes ago, Pekkaen said:

Even though the game look and fell like COD and every other FPS game out there, the aim in this game is linked to stamina, if your hurt, how fast you shoot e.t.c. Its supose to be more realistic, though they fail at making the game something more then a typical FPS "survival" game except for the shooting/aim part which stands out.

Are we playing the same game ? Like COD really ? This game is only in beta and has more features, mechanics and a deeper atmosphere than the last 3 COD but whatever...

I quite like how the Scavs are right now : they are acting more human and not like terminator anymore and that's for the best even though they are now stalking you to death once they spot you and respawn way too quick but nothing is perfect. 

We are on the good way and I am sure that a bit of tweaking and the job will be done soon. Right now I guess the best is to study their behaviour in the offline mode and you should be fine.

• Upvote 1
SommerTheViking

I agree, yesterday i sneaked into the dorms, seemed like i was alone and no other pmc's came, i had a normal standard AK-74N from prapor's shop, i shot one guy with one bullet, then no less than 10 minutes later i found myself in a situation where i had killed 12 scavs that pushed me in waves.

I really like that they go and check out what happens and if they see or hear you they will try to hunt you but they seem to know where you are exactly looking through walls and literally starts to hunt you if you fire a shot 500 meters away, fire a shot on the bridge at customs and the scavs at gas station and checkpoint will run your way, anyone noticed how the checkpoint is awlays unguarded now ? well there you go :P

18 hours ago, Pezzo1 said:

Are we playing the same game ? Like COD really ? This game is only in beta and has more features, mechanics and a deeper atmosphere than the last 3 COD but whatever...

Well i agree it has more features, mechanics and deeper atmosphere. But the problem is it aint being used in a proper manor....
As long as the karma system still aint implemented its just another FPS game like theres tons of already...
It doesnt matter if you play scav, bear or usec because everyone just shoots everyone no matter what, and if your playing solo its not much point in gearing up as long as you can get loot by risking nothing and just do a axe/knife/pistol run and still get the same stuff. 
You would think the factions served a purpose as in teamwork among themself but thats non excisting unless you play with friends over skype/discord or whatever.

Feels like the majority of people playing is just hoarding / looking for cheap loot so all they do is camp exits and shoot whoever they can in the back.

You can hear as soon as a round starts within seconds everyone is just running around to the non random spawns and shooting off the competition to get the map for themself. 

22 minutes ago, Pekkaen said:

Feels like the majority of people playing is just hoarding / looking for cheap loot so all they do is camp exits and shoot whoever they can in the back.

People can do what they want. You shouldn't assume that everyone will play the game like you would. If you think people are camping, then play cautiously and take them out before extracting or collecting any loot. Every playstyle has its weaknesses and strengths.

27 minutes ago, Pekkaen said:

You can hear as soon as a round starts within seconds everyone is just running around to the non random spawns and shooting off the competition to get the map for themself. 

Why is this a bad tactic? If you want the loot for yourself, you have to fight for it. One method is to run to the loot areas and get there first, whilst the other method is to let everyone else collect it for you and you take it for yourself off their corpse when you kill them later.

32 minutes ago, Pekkaen said:

...and if your playing solo its not much point in gearing up as long as you can get loot by risking nothing and just do a axe/knife/pistol run and still get the same stuff. 

This isn't so. My survival rate when equipped with a PACA, Kiver, Comtacs, suppressed AK74N or M4, grenades and some IFAKs is dramatically better than if I go in with just a pistol. The reason is because, as should be obvious; I am quieter, can kill at range and in CQB quickly, more armoured and can hear a lot more. Go in geared and you stand a much better CHANCE of looting and extracting.

36 minutes ago, Pekkaen said:

You would think the factions served a purpose as in teamwork among themself but thats non excisting unless you play with friends over skype/discord or whatever.

There are many accounts on these forums, reddit and videos on the internet of random players being friendly, sharing loot, teaming up and generally playing nice whilst in raids.

Don't forget that the purpose is to escape Tarkov. No matter which PMC you are as they have essentially all been left behind. Survival is key and fellow members of your faction can kill you to survive. Scavs are lawless and will kill their own to profit on loot or survive.

Your_Moms_Gyno

just got 2 shot upon lining up the first scav on shoreline island from the boat, had not fired a single shot.

frap frap *dead*

ave superscav.

I have played for a while now and have not found a random player in game who wants to be "friends".  I wiggle .. they stare, shoot and then the fight is on.  Make me smile because half the time i saw you way before you saw me and i tracked you for a while before saying "hi". That goes for both scav and PMC roles.

Biggerfoot

Something was changed server side last night with the bots for sure now they snap on you when you aim at them from any distance and they have been standing still way more since yesterday SO they devs probably tweaked something last night 

On 11/5/2017 at 3:11 PM, Deadmode said:

People can do what they want. You shouldn't assume that everyone will play the game like you would. If you think people are camping, then play cautiously and take them out before extracting or collecting any loot. Every playstyle has its weaknesses and strengths.

Why is this a bad tactic? If you want the loot for yourself, you have to fight for it. One method is to run to the loot areas and get there first, whilst the other method is to let everyone else collect it for you and you take it for yourself off their corpse when you kill them later.

This isn't so. My survival rate when equipped with a PACA, Kiver, Comtacs, suppressed AK74N or M4, grenades and some IFAKs is dramatically better than if I go in with just a pistol. The reason is because, as should be obvious; I am quieter, can kill at range and in CQB quickly, more armoured and can hear a lot more. Go in geared and you stand a much better CHANCE of looting and extracting.

There are many accounts on these forums, reddit and videos on the internet of random players being friendly, sharing loot, teaming up and generally playing nice whilst in raids.

Don't forget that the purpose is to escape Tarkov. No matter which PMC you are as they have essentially all been left behind. Survival is key and fellow members of your faction can kill you to survive. Scavs are lawless and will kill their own to profit on loot or survive.

1. Yeah im aware of this but i just thought EFT was supose to be something new and "breathtaking" and paving the road for a new type of game / gameplay. But at the moment it just feels like yet another FPS with a hint of RPG elements.
Instead of grinding kills to unlock new weapons you just have to run around and pick them up.

2. Its bad for new players, the ones who do this aint exactly people with their starting gear... Its usually people with fully pimped guns, kievers, fort armor, grizzlies e.t.c e.t.c. I can understand why new people complain because as a new player its much to dig in and if you get ganked everytime you make it to the exit youll be left with nothing, no EXP or anything which means they wont get to level up and be able to unlock the same gear from the traders anytime soon.

3. And there you see, you mention PACA, Kiver, Comtacs, Supressed guns. And thats my point, new people who havnt been grinding or playing with RL friends doesnt get the opportunity to run around with this gear early in the game because they dont get LVL up and unlock this stuff when so many people choose to gank them when they finally make it to the exit. I understand you have the EOD version and its part of your starting gear everytime theres a wipe, but theres tons of people out there who has to work for it from scratch and its not easy if your new.

Im not saying this because i dont get gear or anything like this, i have kievers, i have fort armors e.t.c but i just dont feel like dragging them out as long as i havnt grinded my way to lvl 18 to unlock suppressors from the traders. Because as soon as you fire a gun without a suppressor everyone knows where you are and come gunning for you. ;)

1 hour ago, Pekkaen said:

1. Yeah im aware of this but i just thought EFT was supose to be something new and "breathtaking" and paving the road for a new type of game / gameplay. But at the moment it just feels like yet another FPS with a hint of RPG elements.
Instead of grinding kills to unlock new weapons you just have to run around and pick them up.

Camping is a viable tactic. It happens in video games and it happens IRL. Ambushing people at choke points or objectives is a good way to attack with the initiative and catch enemies off their guard. It isn't just limited to extractions within EFT and it just so happens to be a good strategy here too.

Instead of complaining, learn to exploit the campers. Trust me when I say that if you die to a camper, you played badly, not them. If you anticipate them, prepare and adapt your playstyle accordingly. 

2. Its bad for new players, the ones who do this aint exactly people with their starting gear... Its usually people with fully pimped guns, kievers, fort armor, grizzlies e.t.c e.t.c. I can understand why new people complain because as a new player its much to dig in and if you get ganked everytime you make it to the exit youll be left with nothing, no EXP or anything which means they wont get to level up and be able to unlock the same gear from the traders anytime soon.

I seriously dispute the assumption that campers tend to be fully geared. This is not true. Whilst you may have died to a geared player or two near extraction, camping is usually a tactic employed by those with limited gear who are afraid to go toe-to-toe with other players and lose what little they have left.

When playing EFT, from spawn to extract, assume no corner or bush is safe. Clear EVERYWHERE. I have killed players from the most inconspicuous spots and they must have screamed hell when it happened, but what they did was carelessly sprint by me as I was busy looting a dead scav so I dropped prone in cover and took them out. Had they cleared the area instead of blindly running through, we would have had a much more interesting engagement.

So, even if there is 5 minutes left on Customs timer, you will never see me sprint to the extract door and will still see me clear the entire zone around extract, including vantage points overlooking the area both near and far. Adopt the same discipline when traversing locations in EFT and you will see deaths to campers practically eradicated.

3. And there you see, you mention PACA, Kiver, Comtacs, Supressed guns. And thats my point, new people who havnt been grinding or playing with RL friends doesnt get the opportunity to run around with this gear early in the game because they dont get LVL up and unlock this stuff when so many people choose to gank them when they finally make it to the exit. I understand you have the EOD version and its part of your starting gear everytime theres a wipe, but theres tons of people out there who has to work for it from scratch and its not easy if your new.

I suggest reading what the higher pre-order packages include. There are no pimped guns in EOD and only one kiver and fort which, by the way, most people hand straight in for Skier's quest anyway. The only advantage EOD owners have is the Gamma container and stash size. That is it.

We all start at the beginning. Those players with gear had to grind too. Just because when you meet out in the raids and they have better gear does not mean they didn't struggle to get it like you would.

I sold practically everything from my stash after the wipe and then I have put in close to 100 hours since. I have just reached lvl 23 with lvl 3 traders. It has taken me a lot of frustrating raids, lost gear, periods of scarce money and fruitless hatchet runs before I eventually started building a stash of rare loot and money and gained access to better parts.

I'm not saying that it's easy for new players, don't get me wrong, and there definitely needs to be a good support system for those starting EFT when the game is released. However pay to win is something that BSG is firmly against and so nobody has a real head-start in EFT, regardless of their preorder packages. Everything can be lost in a heartbeat.

Im not saying this because i dont get gear or anything like this, i have kievers, i have fort armors e.t.c but i just dont feel like dragging them out as long as i havnt grinded my way to lvl 18 to unlock suppressors from the traders.

Actually, your best strategy is to sell everything you find except the rarest of tradeable items. You need to transact money with the traders to level them up, and have the liquid cash to gear yourself for each raid. Hoarding just keeps your cash tied up, your traders low level and breeds an attachment to your gear that makes you too afraid to lose anything. This is an even more important strategy when you have a basic package and limited stash size.

By the way, if you don't have anyone to team up with then the unofficial discord is a great place to hang out and find buddies to go raiding with, further increasing your chances of survival and success. 

Edited by Deadmode
2 hours ago, Deadmode said:

Camping is a viable tactic. It happens in video games and it happens IRL. Ambushing people at choke points or objectives is a good way to attack with the initiative and catch enemies off their guard. It isn't just limited to extractions within EFT and it just so happens to be a good strategy here too.

Instead of complaining, learn to exploit the campers. Trust me when I say that if you die to a camper, you played badly, not them. If you anticipate them, prepare and adapt your playstyle accordingly. 

I seriously dispute the assumption that campers tend to be fully geared. This is not true. Whilst you may have died to a geared player or two near extraction, camping is usually a tactic employed by those with limited gear who are afraid to go toe-to-toe with other players and lose what little they have left.

When playing EFT, from spawn to extract, assume no corner or bush is safe. Clear EVERYWHERE. I have killed players from the most inconspicuous spots and they must have screamed hell when it happened, but what they did was carelessly sprint by me as I was busy looting a dead scav so I dropped prone in cover and took them out. Had they cleared the area instead of blindly running through, we would have had a much more interesting engagement.

So, even if there is 5 minutes left on Customs timer, you will never see me sprint to the extract door and will still see me clear the entire zone around extract, including vantage points overlooking the area both near and far. Adopt the same discipline when traversing locations in EFT and you will see deaths to campers practically eradicated.

I suggest reading what the higher pre-order packages include. There are no pimped guns in EOD and only one kiver and fort which, by the way, most people hand straight in for Skier's quest anyway. The only advantage EOD owners have is the Gamma container and stash size. That is it.

We all start at the beginning. Those players with gear had to grind too. Just because when you meet out in the raids and they have better gear does not mean they didn't struggle to get it like you would.

I sold practically everything from my stash after the wipe and then I have put in close to 100 hours since. I have just reached lvl 23 with lvl 3 traders. It has taken me a lot of frustrating raids, lost gear, periods of scarce money and fruitless hatchet runs before I eventually started building a stash of rare loot and money and gained access to better parts.

I'm not saying that it's easy for new players, don't get me wrong, and there definitely needs to be a good support system for those starting EFT when the game is released. However pay to win is something that BSG is firmly against and so nobody has a real head-start in EFT, regardless of their preorder packages. Everything can be lost in a heartbeat.

Actually, your best strategy is to sell everything you find except the rarest of tradeable items. You need to transact money with the traders to level them up, and have the liquid cash to gear yourself for each raid. Hoarding just keeps your cash tied up, your traders low level and breeds an attachment to your gear that makes you too afraid to lose anything. This is an even more important strategy when you have a basic package and limited stash size.

By the way, if you don't have anyone to team up with then the unofficial discord is a great place to hang out and find buddies to go raiding with, further increasing your chances of survival and success. 

Oooh this is getting long haha, but yeah i agree with you some parts but some parts i disagree.

I mean iwe been playing since closed beta started, so im not totally new and i know my way around most things now. Not to sound cocky! :P But i have fort armor, kivers, rifles e.t.c all stocked up and it doesnt take me long to get it. But again i guess that might just be lucky too, i got 2 fort armors in 20-30 minutes (short runs on woods).

But my point is just that for new players its rather rough because theres no matchmaking, so they often end up with "high end" guys so its basicly free loot for these guys. And the new guys just runs out of money / items and start hating the game if you know what i mean...
I see plenty of times people in global asking what to do since they have no more items because they keep getting KoSed or camped at exit. 
Also iwe seen heavily geared guys just camping the exit because they cant be bothered running around checking all the boxes e.t.c themself, because everyone knows that moment you push search your most used sense is your ears scanning for someone sneaking up on you xD 

Also i know they dont want a P2W type of game, but you have to admit if you start off with a kiver / fort and a friend or 2 you basicly own the maps alone until other people start getting gear, specialy factory, if you have 5 friends you know its only 1 player alone and the random scavs. 

BTW do you have an address for the unofficial discord channel ? Iwe been running solo for quite a while now so was hoping to find someone to tag along with. Getting abit lonely xD 

2 hours ago, Deadmode said:

Edited by Pekkaen

It is definitely a hard game to settle into if you are new to hardcore FPS games and this game certainly doesn't hold your hand at all, especially in its beta state. I totally understand the difficulties and although I am coping, I play with some guys who are finding it super-hard to adjust to and are basically dead men walking.

The issue is that the game isn't ready yet. We have all pre-ordered the finished game but been given testing access in the meantime. Anything to help beginners simply doesn't exist yet, with the exception of community content such as the forum, youtube and other players. There is SO MUCH to add to the game before our pre-orders are effectively honoured and that includes some kind of beginner support or tutorial system. As it stands it's a proper fight for survival from the get-go and you have to do your best or find some help within the community.

So, if you have some good ideas on what can be part of that support system in the final game, get suggesting, and maybe they'll feature in some way. If all the newcomers offered up their ideas it would help BSG know what kind of thing they may need to consider implementing.

On that note, I wouldn't advocate any form of matchmaking, as you mentioned, mainly because it ruins so many other aspects of the raids. If you were matched with other lower end players you would stand zero chance of surprising a geared player or two and frantically extracting with their awesome loot. Instead you will be finding other base AK74Us and Makarovs.

I posted in your clan thread, by the way.