Dendrophilia

Armor Seriously Bugged?

Dendrophilia

So are Fort Armor and Helmets seriously bugged right now?

First game i played with full gear i get 1 shotted by a pistol in the head.

Second game I play I have a friend hit me once with his hatchet in customs and I instantly died....

What the hell am I suppose to do if people can kill me so easy especially when I am fully geared.

LightCodex

TLDR: Kolpak is an anti riot helmet and will only help against melee strikes and maybe shrapnel. Kiver is Level II rated which means it is good against pistol calibers. Also helmets do not protect the face, any shot to the face will act as if you did not have a helmet on.

I don't know about helmets vs hatchets since I have yet to be killed by one since the new patch but as far as bullets vs helmets I do have some knowledge. Overall I think helmets have been slightly nerfed but are still valuable as second chance equipment.

The Kolpak is an anti riot helmet so it's not meant to take bullets anywhere and will offer light protection of your head against melee and possibly shrapnel. Otherwise everything else goes through it and will deal direct damage to your head. No helmet protects your face however.

The Kiver used to be a show stopper in the body armor department but now its more realistic. Along with the new ammo types that specify they are AP, or Armor Piercing, the Kiver really only protects you against long distance shots from most assault rifles and carbines and 1 or 2 shots from pistol caliber weapons. A direct hit from close or medium range with anything 5.45mm or bigger will generally kill you just the same. No helmet protects your face however.

Scotty_Boy
On 11/5/2017 at 6:00 PM, LightCodex said:

Also helmets do not protect the face, any shot to the face will act as if you did not have a helmet on.

Oh poo really, that's interesting. I feel more vulnerable now but that's a cool feature.

LightCodex
21 minutes ago, Scotty_Boy said:

Oh poo really, that's interesting. I feel more vulnerable now but that's a cool feature.

True story.

michaelbpede

and pistols on body armor deals 1 point of dmg