Valhalla_Gaming

opening of doors

Valhalla_Gaming

we need to be able to open doors from the side, like the scavs do. currently when u open a door, your kinda stuck there in the fatal funnel. giving door campers an easy means to kill. thihs is supposed to be a pretty tactical style of shooter, they way in which you open doors is far from tactical. would love to see something updated on this by the open beta. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5point5sixGUY

Yeah, I'd like to be off to the side and push the door open with my arm, not exposing my body while it's opening.

+1

• Like 1

necuja

I do recall that this is an idea planned later down the road. As to an exact source at this time, I do not have one. If I come across it again I will link it for you

Deadmode

Yes there will be other ways to open doors down-the-line. If you watch one of the trailer videos you can see a brief clip of a guy gradually opening the door whilst sweeping the inside with his gun.

Also, popping nades into a doorway is coming too. 

Edited by Deadmode

njdaemon

this would be more useful than blind fire.. Blind fire is a nice concept but has anyone really used it? has anyone seen anyone else use it successfully?

I do not see myself ever using it..

Deadmode
3 minutes ago, njdaemon said:

this would be more useful than blind fire.. Blind fire is a nice concept but has anyone really used it? has anyone seen anyone else use it successfully?

It's great for clearing exit campers in customs, and suppressing enemies from cover to make them think twice about pushing and allow you to med up.

Edited by Deadmode

xxpunnisherzz
3 minutes ago, njdaemon said:

I keep "forgetting" it is in the game... I would much rather have the door opening functions first!

Djent_

Blind fire causes issues, like if I'm walking forward and press alt to walk, my character twitches and stops..

Cyric
5 минут назад, Deadmode сказал:

It's great for clearing exit campers in customs, and suppressing enemies from cover to make them think twice about pushing and allow you to med up.

Lol, I totally forgot about it as well. Now as you pointed that out, I think that it's perfect to use in Factory hallways. Too bad you cannot shoot to the right, left only. Don't really get why would they not implement this... 

Marcelo_1979
3 hours ago, njdaemon said:

I´ve tried this mechanic quite a few times already although I could not land a single shot on the enemy. But it´s definitely useful as you can see it being successfully used on this video at the minute 3:54 which was uploaded by my fellow brazilian @Hitoki. It works man, I think I just need to practice a bit more.

Edited by Marcelo_1979

pleznt

It would be cool if you could also hold down F and inch the door open by scrolling the mouse.

Rolling1950

Good point, we would be grateful for this.