Sign in to follow this  
iamjabour

Medical System

iamjabour

Hi, the medical system is getting good. With the change on grizzly now people is having to carry the correct items.

I would suggest a system from America Army 3 to use medical items with more than 1 function (video bellow as example). I would also suggest to penalize the use of incorrect medication.

Something very cool would be to change the grizzly and other multi proupose medical items to be a "bag" that you can buy/find new or resupply with the current item or similar (lets say use normal bandages instead of military, use pain killer instead of morphine, etc).

Hope you guys enjoy.

ps: I would focus on server and desync/lag, match problems first. I hope you guys are already on top of this problem so we can move on and suggest new cool features :)

AccelEvo

good idea.

I personaly don't like the current medical system. I totally breaks the realisam when I have to chase a guy around a rock while he heals up a bit, its cheesy and stupid. You need to stay still while u apply medication its the only way this will be fair and real.

• Like 1
  • Cold 1

LethalsLoaded
7 minutes ago, AccelEvo said:

You need to stay still while u apply medication its the only way this will be fair and real.

As confirmed by @Natalino - Soon™.

Regarding the OP - as much as I think AA medical system is amazing it'd also be an overkill for EFT. Just imagine being new and spending hours to learn which medication to use and when; the learning curve for new players versus veteran players is already high enough that raising it by adding over complicated medical system would kill it.

• Upvote 1

TechoverMana
6 hours ago, LethalsLoaded said:

as much as I think AA medical system is amazing it'd also be an overkill for EFT

I don't know what would make you think this. I personally would wholeheartedly welcome a far more realistic and complex medical system that deals with heart rate, blood pressure, blood volume, specific vital organs, and side effects of drugs in the course of doing medical stuff. Yeah, if you're new, you'd need to learn all of it, just like you need to learn all the other facets and intricacies of the game. 

6 hours ago, LethalsLoaded said:

Just imagine being new and spending hours to learn which medication to use and when

Niether AA nor ARMA with ACE advanced medical, nor DayZ's medical really took all that long to learn, certainly not hours, and I don't think having something more realistic and closer to that would harm the game, and in fact, could do quite a bit to improve it.

• Like 1

iamjabour

@LethalsLoaded, I believe it's must the case of adding some sort of offline training step as much of those complex/realistic games have. Where the game goes over the basic commands. It's like one scripted mission and it's done, now you know all the controls and systems in the game. I believe EFT is missing it right now and would like to see it on release date.

@TechoverMana I agree with you, an AA all it took was watch ingame video. On Ace we had to rely on youtube but not that hard. On Dayz hum... lets not talk about it, may attract bad vibes.

I think the system is nice and more realistic than creating animation that will hold your position and avoid fire. That means over pressure for surviving and applying medicine you can make the wrong chose during battle and die (by using the wrong medicine) or make it wrost.

I really don't see the point of having bad animations for every item. If the devs are talking about have a correct animation for every medical item I could see it increasing immersion, only if it's applying in the right place (will apply bandage on my lag when the lag is bleeding, not the arma). Otherwise would be 1000x more enjoyable to see a more efficient medical system right IMO.

Anyway looks like eft is going in a good direction so far. Looking forward for the open beta!

Edited by iamjabour

llWindll
On 11/11/2017 at 12:42 PM, AccelEvo said:

good idea.

I personaly don't like the current medical system. I totally breaks the realisam when I have to chase a guy around a rock while he heals up a bit, its cheesy and stupid. You need to stay still while u apply medication its the only way this will be fair and real.

exactly i do not like the fact that they move while healing, bandages, and med kits need to be stationary while injections or pills can be done while moving. 

cuir19444

+1

A better medical system is needed badly, they should cosider redoing the whole thing after major stability fix. AA3 and ACE are both good references to draw from(DayZ also have some merits) and when you have such intricate firearm customization a realistic first aid system is only to be expected. 

Also take a look on my suggestion if you guys want